Lee Croft

Asanovic

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He said he played at right back, so does that mean the Championships best right back, John Brayford, moving to left back

No I dont imagine so, it means without any current RB cover Croft is right back cover currently. If Roberts gets injured...who knows! Shackell could go there or it could be the mother of all out of position teams.

• 3 weeks later...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14306995.stm

Croft, who is back in the first-team frame this term, told BBC Radio Derby: "My wisdom tooth has been causing me problems and it got unbearable.

"I wasn't sleeping and I got run down and picked up a virus and was in bed for three or four days.

"But everything is OK now and I can move on."

Croft did not feature for the Rams last season and was loaned out to Huddersfield Town.

But he has been told by manager Nigel Clough that he will be given a chance to impress this season.

Anyone who's ever had bad tooth ache will understand such a weird injury.

It can be agony.

Been very tidy pre-season i think. He'll do well to make the bench v Brum though now that we can only have 5.

Shame that.

Anyone who's ever had bad tooth ache will understand such a weird injury.

It can be agony.

Been very tidy pre-season i think. He'll do well to make the bench v Brum though now that we can only have 5.

Shame that.

He certainly seems to have pulled his socks up for this season. Good on him, I hope he delivers.

kinell nige make your mind up....

we've got better options in cywka, green and ben davies.

if he signs a holding player then bailey could be RM in a 3 as at norwich last year.

kinell nige make your mind up....

we've got better options in cywka, green and ben davies.

if he signs a holding player then bailey could be RM in a 3 as at norwich last year.

Are you sure? Cywka - absolutely yes but Green is out with a major injury so don't expect much from him this season and Ben Davies did not pull up many trees last year. Better options? Yes perhaps but including Croft in the mix actually increases those options and as has been reported he has looked good in pre-season.

As for signing a DM, well I've lost faith in us signing that position - it's been too quiet.

Positionally he seemed absolutely lost. I know it can be hard to get yourself going playing in a team full of kids against part timers, but there isn't a lot of excuse for being poor positionally.

Archived