looking forward to this season

B4ev6is

Think what you've done there is say what everyone has in the back of their mind.

I don't think you've said anything i disagree with apart from your opinion on Barker (i rate him higher than any Cardiff, QPR or Norwich or Leeds CB. I rate him higher than Morgan. All defenders who finished in the play off battle or battle for the play offs.). I reckon Barker, while not the best CB in the division, or ever going to play for England, is good enough to be in a team promoted from the division.

Other than that, i can see where all your fears are coming from.

Why will Tyson score 15 now when he's only scored 2 in each of the last 2 seasons.

Why is Cywka one of our best players being rumoured to be not in plan A.

Why should Anderson be any fitter this season. Or Steve Davies?

Why should our Scottish players be any better than Pearson, Malcom and Miller?

Who's going to cover Roberts? Brayford? With no Green who's going to play where when we have our first defender injured.

There are just people with different outlooks. It doesn't make anyone wrong yet.

Maybe Tyson will score like he did for Wycombe if he's played as a striker.

Maybe all the inside info on Cywka is rubbish. Only Nigel really knows his plans.

Anderson is a good defender. He just needs to supply cover. Same with Buxton. Steve Davies looks like he may have beaten his injuries.

Maybe we've got the next big thing from Scotland. Maybe Bryson will be as big as Adam when we get promoted. Maybe McGuire will come from nowhere with 15-20 goals. Afterall, what happened with Danny Graham. McGuire comes with lots of praise.

We're still not finished buying. Maybe we'll get the perfect compliment to Bailey. Maybe another striker? Possibly a versatile LB who can slot in at RB or CB too.

Truth is, at this stage of the summer who can really say for sure. It'd be silly to rubbish claims that we're going to do well because last season we had a pretty decent side in terms of footballers. Cywka, Bueno, Commons, Brayford,Bailey, Green. Perhaps not very mentally strong and a bit short on experience. Nigel cost us with his tinkering when we were winning imo but maybe he's learned a hard lesson. But are 2 Scottish players, a Barnsley CB, a Millwall prospect and a 2 goals a season striker really going to up the level??

To predict top 6 might be giving unrealistic praise upon the newcomers.

But to predict bottom 6, well, we can almost field an entirely new starting 11 from last season!!

It's easy to see both sides of the coin. Midtable 8th-14th is probably the easy, safe and realistic expectation of Nigel's team. Think we should be allowed to have that expectation.

It's just opinions based on what we know at the moment, nothing to get too excited about.

As for mine, I expect us to be around the bottom half, if the new players turn out bad we could get sucked into another relegation battle, if they do OK we could make it up to mid-table with no relegation worries for once.

Now there's optimism for ya!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a load of cobblers no we don't, only 3 strikers in the Championship broke the 20 goal barrier last season, Danny Graham, Grant Holt and Shane Long.

QPR champions, leading goalscorer was midfielder Tarrabt with 19, highest goalscoring striker for them was Heidar Helguson with 13.

Swansea, leading goalscorer was winger Sinclair with 19, joint 2nd highest goalscorers for them were Dobbie and Pratley with 9.

Forest in the play offs again, top goalscorer was midfielder McGugan with 13 goals, 2nd highest was Earnshaw with 8.

We do not need a 20 goal a season striker, yes it would be nice but it would cost upwards of £3m to bring one in and are we in a position to attract those kind of players? no way Pedro.

Dont want to butt in fellow rams but why cant we set our sights higher?A striker with 8 legs that can score 80 goals? An arachnaram with sublime skill,vision and brilliant at weavin in n out box?

I'm sure we had a striker with 8 legs once.

Paulo Wanchope.

Defenders never had a clue what he was doing.

Like watching a drunk spider dancing on ice.

Finishing in the top half of the table requires us to finish the season with a + goal difference, which means that unless our defence suddenly turns into the Arsenal of the early 90's we're going to need to score 60+ goals. Apart from Jamie Ward who will get 10+ there isn't anyone else in our squad capable of scoring regularly.

If we don't score goals we don't win games, it's not rocket science.

Finishing in the top half of the table requires us to finish the season with a + goal difference, which means that unless our defence suddenly turns into the Arsenal of the early 90's we're going to need to score 60+ goals. Apart from Jamie Ward who will get 10+ there isn't anyone else in our squad capable of scoring regularly.

If we don't score goals we don't win games, it's not rocket science.

09/10 finished 14th scored 53 goals, Forest finished 3rd having scored 65 goals.

10/11 finished 19th scored 58 goals, Forest finished 6th having scored 69 goals.

Who knows what it will take next season?

Shackell and Barker in the centre at the back

Jamie Ward looks capable of getting 10+

Steve Davies did almost as well as Ward last season goal to game wise, possible 5-10 goals this season

Untried Maguire could be an instant hit with 10+ goals

Tyson back in his preferred position

Cywka chipping in with a few goals

Robinson, Bailey, Brayford, Bryson with a couple each

What a load of cobblers no we don't, only 3 strikers in the Championship broke the 20 goal barrier last season, Danny Graham, Grant Holt and Shane Long.

QPR champions, leading goalscorer was midfielder Tarrabt with 19, highest goalscoring striker for them was Heidar Helguson with 13.

Swansea, leading goalscorer was winger Sinclair with 19, joint 2nd highest goalscorers for them were Dobbie and Pratley with 9.

Forest in the play offs again, top goalscorer was midfielder McGugan with 13 goals, 2nd highest was Earnshaw with 8.

We do not need a 20 goal a season striker, yes it would be nice but it would cost upwards of £3m to bring one in and are we in a position to attract those kind of players? no way Pedro.

Not strictly true, them 3 strikers you mentioned were no where near worth 3million before last season,

Holt has been released in his career (by the red dogs) signed for shrewsbury and then to norwich for a little under a million (i believe) shane long was signed for around 50k (I believe) and Danny Graham was 250k? or something like that.

sign players with the potential to score that many goals, not players that have scored that many goals. That's why scouts go out and watch players rather than stuck inside looking at Footballing stats!

Archived