Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did anyone hear on Capital FM, that Forest had had FORTY applicants for the managers job?????

That doesnt surprise me, Hucknall Town got nearly 300 once for a managers job a couple of years back

Alot of that forty would ex-pros, hoping forest would take a gamble on a 1st time manager, also alot would be out of work managers from home (lower leagues) and aboard.

Florest get 40 applications.

Hucknall get 300.

And they still think they're big club. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

lol You are reading to much into that, There are more clubs at Hucknall's level, hence more manager/coaches at that level = more applications.......BUT i do like your thinking

The mirror's not all bad...... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

[size=3]

Roy Keane has leapt to the head of the betting to be the next Notts Forest manager.[/size]

[size=3]

And, yes, I’m aware Forest fans hate their team being called ‘Notts Forest’ but I see it as my job to annoy as many people as possible.[/size]

[size=3]

So far so good.[/size]

[size=3]

Keane has all the qualifications needed for the job – aside from a successful record in football management.[/size]

[size=3]

The former Forest star is 2-1 favourite with Ladbrokes after being a 10-1 shot earlier in the week.[/size]

[size=3]Read more: [url=http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/betting-blog/Derek-McGovern-betting-What-are-the-odds-Roy-Keane-is-the-next-Nottingham-Forest-manager-Bets-of-the-day-article808579.html#ixzz1a0Mtgq3m]http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/betting-blog/Derek-McGovern-betting-What-are-the-odds-Roy-Keane-is-the-next-Nottingham-Forest-manager-Bets-of-the-day-article808579.html#ixzz1a0Mtgq3m

Sign up for MirrorFootball's Morning Spy newsletter [url=http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/profile/?uAction=register]Register here[/size]

It looks like you might want to follow in our footsteps and get a Burton manager.

We cant afford to pay compensation for any manager so all the managers that are currently in work will not be joining forest; ie peschisolido is a no go. If your out of work then come on down!!!!! At least forest are doing their bit to lower the governments unemployment figures, lol

We cant afford to pay compensation for any manager so all the managers that are currently in work will not be joining forest; ie peschisolido is a no go. If your out of work then come on down!!!!! At least forest are doing their bit to lower the governments unemployment figures, lol

I've got a job at the minute so they'd have to pay compensation.

Shame, i would have loved to have continued Schteves job.

The requirements from a manager are going to change, success will no longer be able to be purchased by the subsidy the Chairman is willing to put in. The new breed will be bargain spotters who can pick a player from the lower leagues and assemble teams on a lower budget.

Forest will have to cut £10m (current Chairman subsidy) + £1m (reduction in TV money)!

Let's work this out taking the emotion out of it, where does this leave them when coupled with financing the current debt as well? Will they see the debt written off or will Mr D want some of his money back? Assuming he gets half back then Forest will still have to finance the debt on say £30m, costing them another £1.5m per year in interest payments. They really are on the brink and I don't think people realise just how difficult a time is ahead for them.

We should also consider the job done by our Board getting the finances in shape for what lies ahead, a really clever move by TG driving through the Financial Fair Play Rules.

As funny as it would be, Forest won't have to pay back the £60m that they already owe Doughty, I think he's already come to terms with the likelihood that he won't be getting that back bar a sale of the club.

They've still got a massive task in just getting the year-to-year position to being sustainable though.

What are the implications of FFP?

Wages need to be 60% of turnover... As its in next season this summer should be fun, everyone selling off thier players left right and center.. one question, what if they don't reach their target? Points deduction?

Back to Forest, they can't afford anyone currently in work.. Roy Keane must now be the favourite? Or Ian Dowie?

The requirements from a manager are going to change, success will no longer be able to be purchased by the subsidy the Chairman is willing to put in. The new breed will be bargain spotters who can pick a player from the lower leagues and assemble teams on a lower budget.

Forest will have to cut £10m (current Chairman subsidy) + £1m (reduction in TV money)!

Let's work this out taking the emotion out of it, where does this leave them when coupled with financing the current debt as well? Will they see the debt written off or will Mr D want some of his money back? Assuming he gets half back then Forest will still have to finance the debt on say £30m, costing them another £1.5m per year in interest payments. They really are on the brink and I don't think people realise just how difficult a time is ahead for them.

We should also consider the job done by our Board getting the finances in shape for what lies ahead, a really clever move by TG driving through the Financial Fair Play Rules.

Up **** creek with no paddle 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Couldn't happen to a nicer club.

As funny as it would be, Forest won't have to pay back the £60m that they already owe Doughty, I think he's already come to terms with the likelihood that he won't be getting that back bar a sale of the club.

They've still got a massive task in just getting the year-to-year position to being sustainable though.

Doughty has said in a really long and boring interview that I heard that he isn't expecting the money back and that he didn't from day one. He also said that it makes no difference if the club is for sale or not because no-one would ant to buy it. He wouldn't get any money for it anyway as the "buyers" would essentially be buying the responsibility of chucking 10 million down the bog every season!

Fines and points deduction. I guess depending on how much it's missed by, they'd get fined first then points deduction if "repeat. offenders"

Don't forget that they wouldn't be allowed in the Champions league either- I am sure that is on Forest horizon!

But it became clear this morning that the Reds were unable to agree a compensation deal with League One Charlton, where Hart is currently the head of the youth academy.

Can't agree compensation for a League 1 head of youth academy?! My god they must in trouble.

Archived