Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derbyshire looked a good prospect as a youngster at Blackburn but he appears to be one of those who never quite makes it.

Miller is an unknown quantity in that he does'nt seem to get a long run of games. If he does then maybe he'll do OK, has all the physical attributes.

These two may put the boy wonder's progress back a season though.

Derbyshire looked a good prospect as a youngster at Blackburn but he appears to be one of those who never quite makes it.

Miller is an unknown quantity in that he does'nt seem to get a long run of games. If he does then maybe he'll do OK, has all the physical attributes.

These two may put the boy wonder's progress back a season though.

Who's the boy wonder? Findley?! I thought the club had made it up that we had signed an american striker because we never bloody see him, lol. Although, hes off the mark now.................

Yeah i think derbyshire definately worth a gamble though because he did look a good young player so there is every chance that a coach like mcclaren can get him going again and help him finally fulfil the promise he showed.

As for miller, he will chip in with some goals but its more the different option he will pose and will fit into our style perfectly; forest seem intent on playing one striker and a few attacking midfielders so a big target man who can hold the ball up like miller can is essential for that style of play.

Looks like they've got Ishmael Miller for £2m.

I was going off this.

Is Uttox making it up??

If he's lying about that then how can we know he's telling the truth about Derby winning the FA Cup this season.

Uttox has changed, man.

I hope you don't get Miller. He has all the qualities, just needs the circumstance to fit. He could be deadly in this division.

Not seen anything about Miller signing, would you even need him now with 5 strikers already?

Its as good as from what i gather in terms of fee and wages being agreed; the only thing that can go wrong now is him getting homesick when he arrives in nottm from brom!!!!! lol.

As for having 5 strikers, i think mcgoldrick will be on his way which is a shame but it just hasnt worked for him. Can see him going on loan tbh.

My Forest pal is very excited about Findley now, showed me a couple of youtube videos (yes I know, can't really judge from those) and the highlights from the Notts Derby. Good shot on him, seems to get into the right places.

Don't listen to him.

"Findley, Garner, Findley, Garner, Findley, Garner...."

One can't score against Canada and the other looked alright at Ssausagehorpe?

Fear not bNw. You can say as much for Theo and Ward's scoring records. Probably carries more weight.

BBC pulled the plug on it didn't they?

yeah, there was a fair few idiots on there but i did enjoy the banter. being from the border my mates are 50/50 forest and derby so miss it all now.

whats the general feeling of your squad at the minute? seems to me a fair few risks on some pretty much unknowns to me. think its going to alot tighter between our clubs this season though!

Don't listen to him.

"Findley, Garner, Findley, Garner, Findley, Garner...."

One can't score against Canada and the other looked alright at Ssausagehorpe?

Fear not bNw. You can say as much for Theo and Ward's scoring records. Probably carries more weight.

I don't know about Garner (little ****) but Findley is a decent player.

Theo and Ward are good signings.

Very happy with both miller and derbyshire! Very good additions to the squad and should cause different problems to defences because after seeing us against barnsley and notts, this team isnt that far away from where we need to be.

When I see Matt Derbyshire on TV I always think he looks a half decent player, but looking at his stats 130 games 21 goals, thats 1 in 6 games. It's a bit hard to believe. But maybe he needed to drop down to this level.

When I see Matt Derbyshire on TV I always think he looks a half decent player, but looking at his stats 130 games 21 goals, thats 1 in 6 games. It's a bit hard to believe. But maybe he needed to drop down to this level.

I think both Derbyshire and Miller are gambles, its difficult to say neither have proven anything in the past really apart from look promising as teenagers. I don't see the difference between buying a player from scotland/lower divisions and signing these, apart from the wages.

I wont pass comment, both were reasonably good young players in their day.. think both have fallen off the rader perhaps something to prove?

Archived