Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cohen not good enough for the championship? He's arguably our best player! And we have some pretty good players now..

Goes to show what an opinion on a team you know nothing about counts for. Absolutely nothing. For that reason I can't really critique the derby side as i don't know a great deal about most of them.

It's a great signing....if he stay's fit. No doubt the lad has quality, BUT he isn't what you need!!!!

Look at that back 8, only 2 of them (Collins and Harding) are good enough for me.

Halford is god awful

Maloney is a back up at this level at best

Hutchinson has so far proved nothing since his miraculous comeback to football

Ayala was weak and lightweight at our place, he may have improved but still not convinced

Lacelles is completely untested at this level, hype or no hype

Cohen should be nowhere near a championship side's first team, let alone one that aims for a top ten finish our higher.

The rest of the squad is pretty good, Midfield look's very strong (Greening being the obvious weakness) and I think your striking options aren't too bad either. Hell even the most anti-Forest Derby fan would admit that on his day Campy can be one of the best in the division. Just don't understand whilst you've spent £1m on YET ANOTHER MIDFIELDER!!!

Admittedly you could go through the Derby squad and make similar accusations, and I've only seen you lot play once so far (Against Bolton on the telly) but still....you've strengthened in the wrong area for me.

And for that statement, your whole point has been made invalid

Cohen not good enough for the championship? He's arguably our best player! And we have some pretty good players now..

Goes to show what an opinion on a team you know nothing about counts for. Absolutely nothing. For that reason I can't really critique the derby side as i don't know a great deal about most of them.

I'd like to think I know a fair bit about the forest team as I have seen a fair bit of them and Cohen is a top player but absolutely wasted at full back - a good centre midfielder, along with Mcgugan who on his day is a brilliant player but off his day is a huge passenger

Gillett and Moussi however, not of your nelly. If Moussi couldn't ping a ball then you would be left with a clumsy, erratic and careless midfielder who seems to make more passes to the opposition than his own men.

It was a fair argument until you said Cohen wasn't good enough for a top ten side, he was easily one of our best players in our seasons under Billy and we missed him dearly last season (And POTY in the 08-09 season). I hate seeing him at LB but it may be the only place where he'll regularly start. I wasn't sure about the Gillett signing but he's been utterly brilliant the first three games, he's like a younger, better McKenna. Hope it continues.

Lansbury played on the right with Norwich and was class for them, so I imagine he's jumping straight in there.

It was a fair argument until you said Cohen wasn't good enough for a top ten side, he was easily one of our best players in our seasons under Billy and we missed him dearly last season (And POTY in the 08-09 season). I hate seeing him at LB but it may be the only place where he'll regularly start. I wasn't sure about the Gillett signing but he's been utterly brilliant the first three games, he's like a younger, better McKenna. Hope it continues.

Lansbury played on the right with Norwich and was class for them, so I imagine he's jumping straight in there.

Lansbury is talented but from what I've seen again which is a fair bit then he lacks the basics but he can do the advanced stuff, will go for the Hollywood pass over the simple stuff.. A talented player but needs to learn the art of discipline!

I will say this much, given the players you've got in midfield and the style of play SO'D got you playing ,the quality of this years games should be much better than last years. Both team's are trying to play some nice stuff. The last game at Pride Park was horrendous.

he was at loan with norwich......promoted

and west ham......promoted

permanent deal at forest....??

He was good enough to get

14 starts for West Ham

15 starts for Norwich

Hardly influential number of starts

He'd did manage over 30 starts for Watfird the year before - they finished a mighty 16th

Before that he played 12 games at L1 for Scubthorpe

Lansbury is talented but from what I've seen again which is a fair bit then he lacks the basics but he can do the advanced stuff, will go for the Hollywood pass over the simple stuff.. A talented player but needs to learn the art of discipline!

SOD will keep his feet on the ground. But nice to know the lad has talent.

All these signings at Forest, I don't mnd telling you that I'm getting worried about our trip to the City Ground just outside Notts this next month.

To be fair, they have now signed some good players.

Credit where credits due.

I'm worried we might have to use 11 men this time.

Archived