Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The general point was that stats can be misleading. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I still think you got sold a You Tube pup on that one mate.

Largely the same midfield you ended the season with last year isn't it? Minus McCleary. The signing of wingers before the transfer window shuts is a must for you by the looks of it. Don't practically all of those play through the middle?

But, but, what about Schteve? Surely he wanted the game played how it should be? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' />

Gotchya 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Agreed with the stats.

We'll see with Findley, he just looked decent when he had the opportunity. It might not happen for him, but last year was so shambolic under the Steve's that he still did well to net what he did. I mean, we had a manager building a team around a front line of Harewood & Miller FFS! lol

Yeah, most of the midfielders would be deemed as CM, but SOD's already reverted to 4-3-3 pre-season with the more attack minded mids up front. A right winger would make a big difference, but a lot of the CM's can play (and play well) in other midfield positions. Like I say, last years midfield barely got a kick with the ball bypassing them for most of the season - for me our midfield is very strong and the addition of a good RW would make it one of the top 6 in the league. Gillet was superb on Sat in the holding role too.

Gotchya 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Agreed with the stats.

We'll see with Findley, he just looked decent when he had the opportunity. It might not happen for him, but last year was so shambolic under the Steve's that he still did well to net what he did. I mean, we had a manager building a team around a front line of Harewood & Miller FFS! lol

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> I'd forgotten Harewood!

McClown is so vvank - he was vvank at Wolfsburg as well. The Dutch league must be a piece of p1ss if he won it FFS.

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> I'd forgotten Harewood!

McClown is so vvank - he was vvank at Wolfsburg as well. The Dutch league must be a piece of p1ss if he won it FFS.

Bang on. With a large pot of money he can do well - but who can't? He's spent 8m since he took over 20, a side which was 3rd in their league and unbeaten at home when he inherited them, if he wins the league this year people will be praising him - I could win that league with that investment & side!

Let's have a look at the main places where rioting took place shall we.......

[url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/interactive/2011/aug/09/uk-riots-incident-map]http://www.guardian....ts-incident-map

London

Manchester

Liverpool

Birmingham

Nottingham

Bristol..................

I think you'll find it's called being a city.

Ill think you will find its cities will large numbers of scum!

hence why nottingham is on that list !!

Oh and according to wiki nottingham is the 18th largest settlement in the uk derby is 'huge' long way down at 22!!!!!

Out of interest what is the total number of fans attending weekly to

nottingham football clubs and then also a figure for all all clubs

same 2 figures for derby

Ill think you will find its cities will large numbers of scum!

hence why nottingham is on that list !!

Oh and according to wiki nottingham is the 18th largest settlement in the uk derby is 'huge' long way down at 22!!!!!

Out of interest what is the total number of fans attending weekly to

nottingham football clubs and then also a figure for all all clubs

same 2 figures for derby

Don't talk about attendnces observer, they get embarassed.

Bang on. With a large pot of money he can do well - but who can't? He's spent 8m since he took over 20, a side which was 3rd in their league and unbeaten at home when he inherited them, if he wins the league this year people will be praising him - I could win that league with that investment & side!

He was also helped by Ajax and PSV being at their worst in decades.

I was bored

Average attendance Urban Area Notts county 6807 Notts forest 21969 28776 666368 4.32% Derby 26281 26281 236738

11.10%

Average attendance for 11/12 season and the figures there are for the GREATER URBAN AREA

Looks like its save to say derby is nearly 3 times the football city as nottinghams both clubs!!

now when you come up with your crap about other sports happy to add all them figures in if you like

I was bored

Average attendance Urban Area Notts county 6807 Notts forest 21969 28776 666368 4.32% Derby 26281 26281 236738

11.10%

Average attendance for 11/12 season and the figures there are for the GREATER URBAN AREA

Looks like its save to say derby is nearly 3 times the football city as nottinghams both clubs!!

now when you come up with your crap about other sports happy to add all them figures in if you like

Save bio. Respec 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Also, I know ive said it before but do Forest get points for how well cox did at West Brom? because they talk like they should...

I also read that WBA fans were absolutely devastated to lose simon cox...

[size=3]A real snip at £3m for any Championship side. He came from Swindon as a prolific scorer and has continued in the same vein at West Bromwich. His speed and awareness is impressive and his eye for a goal is awesome. He is a fox in the box and is deadly from anywhere around the penalty spot. Only our international strikers and the Managers insistence of playing one up front has held up his progression. He will go on to score goals wherever he plays and I am contemplating ripping up my season ticket if we sell him.[/size]

[size=3]PS When would you like to discuss terms with him, if you let me know I've promised him a lift.[/size]

[size=3]------------------------------[/size]

[size=3]I'm not a massive fan, and am not convinced he's up to the level below[/size]

it's not all as bad as I am making out though one of them did say this...

[size=3]Cox will do okay in the Championship. He runs around a lot and will be a nuisance in the Championship. To be honest he isn't up to the Prem IMO. However he is a decent player and he is far better than your last signing from us,Miller, then again so is anyone who has a pair of footy boots 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />[/size]

[size=3]we actually got some fairly positive feedback from WAFC for Sammon...[/size]

[size=2]Well Peach let me answer that question [/size]

[size=2]We pay 600k for a striker, he scores 1 goal which potentially saves us 40 million pound, then we sell for profit, masterclass. [/size]

[size=2]But really, with Sammon you will get a quick striker [/size][size=2](Quicker then he looks[/size][size=2]) and someone who won't stop running. I love Sammon, I thought he was unlucky with us, and No Wigan fan will say a bad word from him except that he just could not cut it here. [/size]

[size=2]I think going down a division would help him loads for confidence and goals, and maybe one day he will be back in the prem doing that too because he deserves it on effort alone, such a good lad too. Will miss him. [/size]

-------------------------

[size=2]I'm really disappointed that he has left us because I think there is talent in him which we did not manage to tap into. IMO he needs a good provider ie a forward looking ball player in the centre of midfield. When he started for us, we did not have that kind of player in our team. It would not surprise me to see him as a hit with you boys if you have the right player behind him. [/size]

[size=2]----------------------[/size]

[size=2]Sammon is atleast 6 foot 3. Really quick for his size, i'm gutted that he's leaving, he also works on his game outside of the regular training set-up. [/size]

[size=2]Best of luck to him, i hope he gets loads of goals for Derby! [/size]

I would hold your horses about judging a player before he has played a game especially when the people who have seen him play have such contrasting opinions to yourselves! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

To be fair Tyson was played wide most if the time he was with you, yet you claim he is ***** as a striker. Double standards?

No - he was ***** as a finisher, often missed easy chances and when played as striker fluffed up far more than he should have.

Great bloke - loved having him at Forest and his contributions as both a pacey wideman and impact sub to keep the opposition on the backfoot were very underated - but when he played up front you never fancied him to get us a goal.

Why would we as supporters care how much money we spend on players.. Why would I feel embarrassed by a transfer fee we paid for a striker..

Fact is, Forest have about 9 strikers all of which are as bad as eachother...

Derby will see more goals than Forest this season, Derby will see higher quality football this season, Derby will have more entertainment this season, Derby will beat Forest at PP this season, Derby have a better stadium that Forest, isn't it cheaper to watch Derby aswell?

Ask youselves.. Who are the real winners here? Derby fans or Forest fans?

Welcome back dude.

Connor Sammon 1.2 million hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhaha

Maybe you should have spent that on some decent defenders that know how to keep clean sheets!

We got Danny Collins, Greg Halford and Dan Harding for the same price as Connor Sammon, you've been completely ripped off by Wigan.

For a team that rarely spends much money, when you do pay a lot for a player you'd think they'd be better than Connor Sammon. He has only scored goals and not actually that many, in the SPL which is similar to scoring in League 2 FFS.

The only way is down for Derby County

Boasting about having Greg Halford in your team?

Banter at an all time low.

cough*FINDLEY*splutter

Difference is we haven't called Sammon Pele and claimed he was the second coming.

I don't understand what's funny about us becoming a 'City'

We're a town. So what? For a pretty small place we've matched plenty of major city clubs over the years. From Leeds to Madrid. Major footballing powers who have made an impression on the world have had to recognise dear old Derby.

And now, with the Derby/Forest rivalry not one of the oldest in football I wonder why it is you've allowed such a small town to get under your skin. Surely you should be rubbing shoulders with Liverpool, Sheffields, Leeds and Man United. Or Leicester or Notts?

town/newbie City like Derby shouldn't bother you if that's your point Stan?

Boasting about having Greg Halford in your team?

I wasn't majorly keen on his signing (thought he'd come as more of a utility player than anything), but it has to be said that Sat he played really well.

Not the toughest of opposition that's for sure, so look forward to seeing how he stands up against more accomplished front lines.

Speaking if scumbags, whatever happened to the allegations of racial chanting in the forest vs fester game last season? What's funny is that they were chanting, 'you used to be English, you're not anymore', there defence was that it was in reference to their new foreign owners. That's the pot calling the kettle an insensitive racial slur.

I don't understand what's funny about us becoming a 'City'

We're a town. So what? For a pretty small place we've matched plenty of major city clubs over the years. From Leeds to Madrid. Major footballing powers who have made an impression on the world have had to recognise dear old Derby.

And now, with the Derby/Forest rivalry not one of the oldest in football I wonder why it is you've allowed such a small town to get under your skin. Surely you should be rubbing shoulders with Liverpool, Sheffields, Leeds and Man United. Or Leicester or Notts?

town/newbie City like Derby shouldn't bother you if that's your point Stan?

Very good point. If we're just a town (and I'm mor than happy to be a town rather than a big scummy scum hole city like Nottingham), then forest being bothered by us is like us being bothered by Burton.

If anything, it makes them the villain of the piece, picking on their little neighbour, and failing miserably.

Archived