Nigel Clough 14/1

Diego Maradona 14/1

Alan Curbishley 16/1

David Platt 16/1

Domingos Paciencia 25/1

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 25/1

Gary Megson 25/1

Rafa Benitez 25/1

Correct me if am wrong but with new rules Clough can't get a new job in the top two levels because he hasn't got the right coaching badges?

we stayed up despite him

he was and is a terrible manager

poyet, redknapp, keane, pearce, clough for me

There you go found it, from last season

[url=http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Derby-boss-Nigel-Clough-cannot-be-new-Nottingham-Forest-manager-because-of-red-tape-article810223.html]http://www.mirrorfoo...icle810223.html

Nigel Clough's move back to Nottingham Forest is off – because he does not have the proper coaching badges.

[size=4]

The Derby boss was the shock name in the frame for the Forest job and a return to the club where he played – and his dad Brian managed.[/size]

[size=4]

But Forest have had to pull out of a deal after discovering that Clough only has a B licence, one of the lowest-level qualifications.[/size]

[size=4]

Under new regulations brought in last summer, Championship clubs can only appoint bosses with A or Pro licences.[/size]

[size=4]

The rule was brought in under instructions from the FA and is backed by the LMA bosses union and Forest cannot find a way around it.[/size]

[size=4]

Clough has not enrolled on any further courses and is now effectively stuck at Derby, where his contract runs out in the summer. He is allowed to carry on there with just a B badge.[/size]

[size=4]

There is a drive to make all bosses in the higher divisions fully qualified because of complaints from coaches who have forked out for courses and then been overlooked.[/size]

[size=4]

The rule will have been a shock to Clough, who faces an uncertain future until he gets the extra qualifications.[/size]

[size=4]

Ironically, Forest are about to bring in former player and boss Frank Clark in a senior role and he has been a strong advocate of the rules through his connections at the FA and LMA.[/size]

[size=4]

Clark will be given a post in the next few days but has already been working for Forest behind the scenes.[/size]

How has the infrastructure at board level changed for Forest? Will there be someone with a working knowledge of English football at board level in an advisory role to the new ownership group? Have the Doughty family ceased all involvement with the club after the sale?

Foreign ownership can promise so much but often deliver so little. Many clubs expect big-money signings and instant success but you only have to look at clubs at our level - Leicester, Cardiff and to an extent ourselves - to see that it is not exactly plain sailing. There is cause for excitement and trepidation in equal measure for Forest fans.

To be honest, I look at their depleted squad and that they are now bringing in a new manager just five weeks before the start of the new season and I'd be very surprised to see them mount a promotion challenge this season.

It's not impossible by any means but it will take time for the Al-Hasawis to adjust to English football and they will probably come in with some unusual ideas and learn some harsh lessons but over time, much like Sheikh Mansour at Manchester City, they may get it right.

Cloughy's not going anywhere. I think he can do without the hassles of forming yet another new team, he's not finished forming our bugger yet.

I would love that, he coudl f*ck them up for a second time! And blow all the billions while doing it! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

No he f*cked you up because you got 'promoted too early' and 'wasn't ready for the premier league' 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

For us he was a great manager, great signings, a vision for stable development and if i'm not mistaken in his last two seasons managed to finish above YOU

No he f*cked you up because you got 'promoted too early' and 'wasn't ready for the premier league' 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

For us he was a great manager, great signings, a vision for stable development and if i'm not mistaken in his last two seasons managed to finish above YOU

i hate your lot more than you could ever imagine, but you are totally right.....he was a GREAT manager for us, just drongos on here slag him off, just because he went to the pig sty to manage, great manager, great bloke, would love him back at our place and pray he doesnt go to your place as he will definitely get you up.

Archived