Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

So the doom and gloom at the start of the season about falling attendances (yes, YR, I'm looking in your direction) were completely misguided?

Well we know the season ticket sales were slightly down but the overall attendance for the year was almost identical. As for the doom and gloom, well, that's some people's standard MO so unlikely to change regardless!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we know the season ticket sales were slightly down but the overall attendance for the year was almost identical. As for the doom and gloom, well, that's some people's standard MO so unlikely to change regardless!

If that's the case then revenue should be slightly up. Season tickets are cheaper than walkups so selling a higher proportion of walk ups should make more money. It will just depend on how much discouning went on compared to the previous season.

In more news, the made up figure of 3,000 season tickets sold, that small minded Derby County fans treat as gospel, if true, reports suggest that the revenue made from the 3,000 season tickets sold will still be greater than that of minnows Derby County who are rumoured to have had 17,000 season tickets sold with roughly 95% of them given away with a mobile phone contract, with the deal the small club has with the mobile phone company supplying the season tickets running out next year, it is likely that attendances next season will fall dramatically, this is predicted because when Derby fans have to pay for their tickets at away games, their attendances are notoriously poor, unlike their neighbours Nottingham Forest.

Annnnnd breath! Wow that is one long sentance!

I'll summarise it,

He basically agrees that we have more supporters than forest, and even with a kid for a quid and a free ticket with ever bet at Victor Chandlers, they still average lower.

At least we can say one thing, you wouldn't get people watching Forest even for free, Derby can.

P.s. can I have my hook back? I think you swallowed my tackle.

Oh Matron!

So the doom and gloom at the start of the season about falling attendances (yes, YR, I'm looking in your direction) were completely misguided?

Did I state attendences would fall through the floor?

Erm, I think you said it was already happening. Don't make me trawl through the posts - just admit you were saying that attendances were declining.

I am not saying I didn't say it but I cannot remember. I know I have stated countless times that attendences will fall like they did when we last left the premiership, we aren't quite at that level yet though.

A big club isn't about how many fans you get through the doors.. Nottm Forest and Derby County are both small-time regardless of fans..

IMO a big club is a club that can attract big players and have the money to push on and play European football.. Ones that are recognised by Europeans elite and ones that regularly play at the top level.

Teams like Stoke, Swansea, Fulham and West Ham are far bigger than us.. They have the pull to buy players for $10mill+.. Swansea had a player of Siguirdssons quality and would have bought him for $7mill if it wasn't for Rodgers going to Liverpool... We haven't had a player of that quality or that price in years.. We're miles away from that.

Have we really sold 17,000 season tickets? I thought attendances were dwindling? They look to be roughly the same every year since 2009

So Leeds aren't a big club then?

Archived