First Choice Eleven?

Fielding --- Bywater --- Deeney --- Legzdins --- Atkins --- Severn

------- Brayford----------Barker----------Shackell---------Roberts

---------------------------------------Tyson---------------------------------------

That should tighten things up at the back!

:)

Sub: Matt Duke if he has a successful trial!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think that Bryson is going to be the engine room of the side this season and one who will be certain to start if he is fit.

At the moment I guess Clough would go for something like this as his 1st XI

Fielding

Brayford Barker Shackell Roberts

Bailey Bryson

Ward Maguire Pearson

Tyson

Subs: Legzdins, Buxton, Robinson, Cwyka, Anderson, S Davies, B. Davies

other subs....Doyle, Hendrick, Ball

Another alternative attacking four would be

Cwyka B. Davies Tyson

Ward

Against the better sides in the league i don't think 4-2-3-1 will work, against the lesser sides i think it will, i think we need to work on 4 formations with different rotations in each variation so then we have plenty of back up.

My 1st 11 would be

Gk fielding

Rb brayford

CB barker

CB shackell

Lb Roberts

Rm S.Davies

Cm Bryson

Cm Bailey

Lm Ward

St Tyson

St Maguire

That is with the current squad, I think we need another CM then I would like to see a 4-3-3. But with the players we have it should be 4-4-2 I think 4-2-3-1 can leave the 1 isolated on there own and we don't have anyone good enough to hold the ball up whilst everyone else joins in. But I probably am spouting the usual cr@p!!

My 1st 11 would be

Gk fielding

Rb brayford

CB barker

CB shackell

Lb Roberts

Rm S.Davies

Cm Bryson

Cm Bailey

Lm Ward

St Tyson

St Maguire

That is with the current squad, I think we need another CM then I would like to see a 4-3-3. But with the players we have it should be 4-4-2 I think 4-2-3-1 can leave the 1 isolated on there own and we don't have anyone good enough to hold the ball up whilst everyone else joins in. But I probably am spouting the usual cr@p!!

S.Davies at right mid? seriously? haha.

My 1st 11 would be

Gk fielding

Rb brayford

CB barker

CB shackell

Lb Roberts

Rm S.Davies

Cm Bryson

Cm Bailey

Lm Ward

St Tyson

St Maguire

People get transfixed with the idea that 4231 needs a lone big striker up front because of Kuqi.

When Utd play it they have the little mexican or Rooney up there. The day of the old big striker has pretty much gone from modern football nowadays. Look at Birmingham their beanpole of a man up front did not play much ad when he did it was just punted up there for him to head down ad therefore 442 was played.

I respect of Cwyka, maguire, tyson, s.davies, b.davies, Ward etc. All of them can interlink ad change positios as the move evolves. That way the oposition midfield ad defence have no idea who to mark. It is quick attacking force lets use this and and play a 4231 with the front 4 given a free role.

My front four would be Tyson, Maguire, Ward and in the current squad Cywka. All four can play as strikers and all four can play that attacking 4 position use their strngths instead of pigeon holing them into a position persea

If it's true that we'll be going for 4-4-2 then it certainly explains why we've signed all those wingers (?!?!?).

If it does turn out to be 4-4-2 and we go back to having CM's on the wing you may well see a grown man cry (with frustration) at Pride Park.

I can't really decide what I'd pick. I can pick the keeper and back four and then nothing else seems to feel like it fits right. I hope this is why Nigel is a manager and I'm not and he can pick something that works.

If it's true that we'll be going for 4-4-2 then it certainly explains why we've signed all those wingers (?!?!?).

If it does turn out to be 4-4-2 and we go back to having CM's on the wing you may well see a grown man cry (with frustration) at Pride Park.

I can't really decide what I'd pick. I can pick the keeper and back four and then nothing else seems to feel like it fits right. I hope this is why Nigel is a manager and I'm not and he can pick something that works.

The thing I am cofused about is how people describe Bryson as an attacking midfielder when the description of his play is one of the best box to box midfielders. Now we have seen AM last season who could not get back and defend and when he did could not tackle in Buenoe.

Box to Box midfielder suggests to me defensive minded as well as attacking like a lee boweyer without the baggage.

Therefore in the 4231 formation he would sit in the 2 with Bailey. That then leaves the attacking 4 positions to be fought out with the rest of the them. If we get a Eustace there will be competion for two holding positions and the one thing we missed from Bailey and Savage was the dart in the box in which to fair to Bowyer he is good at. Bryson is known for this but then is known to get back and defend.

People are making judgements before seeing them. Using information from past seasons and are disheartened and can understand this. We now have backup in pretty much all positions with Hendricks covering until the other midfielder comes. The full backs are the lightest positions and I would like to see some cover coming for them be it even youngsters.

You need a blend of players to play in the 3, not just attacking creative players. One of the reasons we played so well early last season was that Green (along with Kuqi) was pressing the opposing team high up the pitch and winning the ball back early. If we are playing 4231 I expect Bryson to play in the 3, rather than in the middle 2.

You've got to assume that Bryson will play regularly, so given the comments coming out of the club about wanting an experienced midfielder to play alongside Bailey, it seems likely that Bryson will play further forward anyway.

S.Davies at right mid? seriously? haha.

what's funny about that? Ok, so he is left footed, but ward is right and he played left wing last season....Davies could do the same job on the other side.

People get transfixed with the idea that 4231 needs a lone big striker up front because of Kuqi.

When Utd play it they have the little mexican or Rooney up there. The day of the old big striker has pretty much gone from modern football nowadays. Look at Birmingham their beanpole of a man up front did not play much ad when he did it was just punted up there for him to head down ad therefore 442 was played.

I respect of Cwyka, maguire, tyson, s.davies, b.davies, Ward etc. All of them can interlink ad change positios as the move evolves. That way the oposition midfield ad defence have no idea who to mark. It is quick attacking force lets use this and and play a 4231 with the front 4 given a free role.

My front four would be Tyson, Maguire, Ward and in the current squad Cywka. All four can play as strikers and all four can play that attacking 4 position use their strngths instead of pigeon holing them into a position persea

I didn't say a big striker, just someone who can play with their back to goal, get the ball keep it and pass it to a supporting player, when they arrive, the attacking players we have got are all similar, they all are fast and prefer to be running at players, or behind the defence.

.....I can't really decide what I'd pick. I can pick the keeper and back four and then nothing else seems to feel like it fits right. I hope this is why Nigel is a manager and I'm not and he can pick something that works.

Yes, I think that’s it.

Never mind, according to the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics there’s a parallel universe where you’re the manager of Derby County football club.

Unfortunately, it’s not going well. The tweets from the multi-verse say you got us relegated to the Blue Square Conference and are about to be replaced by some Mexican bloke.

Archived