First Choice Eleven?

I like your formation Vernak but it might leave a little weak defensively if it's just Bailey as a DMF.

The four strikers interchanging would be a nightmare for any opposition.

I guess it all depends on how gung ho Nige wants to go this season...

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like your formation Vernak but it might leave a little weak defensively if it's just Bailey as a DMF.

The four strikers interchanging would be a nightmare for any opposition.

In our awesome stage early last season Cywka shined and proved that he's got a decent shot on him too, as you will have seen in the 5-0 win against Palace.

Ward and Maguire can swap affectively. They both seem like hard working forwards who can create attacking play and go on the wing.

This is one of our problems IMO, we seem to use strikers who can fill in at wide midfield, and we've added another this summer in Tyson, but the trouble is that strikers haven't really had to focus on their defensive duties throughout their careers, so we tend to get players running through midfield without being picked up.

Where my theory falls down is that it still happens when Pearson's playing there, but that's because he's s***.

This is one of our problems IMO, we seem to use strikers who can fill in at wide midfield, and we've added another this summer in Tyson, but the trouble is that strikers haven't really had to focus on their defensive duties throughout their careers, so we tend to get players running through midfield without being picked up.

Where my theory falls down is that it still happens when Pearson's playing there, but that's because he's s***.

Apparently Pearo fits in the DM role naturally.

Don't see it myself as his marking and awareness of threats are shockingly bad.

Really excited about Bryson being the ankle biter.

• 4 months later...

I like 4231. It's great when we have the ball like Oct Nov last season and it will help with not getting over run in midfield.

Fielding

Brayford

Barker

Shackell

Roberts

Bailey

Green

B Davies

Bryson

Ward

Robinson

With S Davies and Tyson to battle with Robinson when they're fit.

Cywka could come into the 3 with Bryson dropping back to the 2 until Bailey is fit.

Archived