Thameslink protest

Darbyram

I don't know daveo in all honesty, however if your figures are incorrect it is mind blowing, also this could lead to 3,000 jobs going i think with other companies affected by this decision, might be wrong though. According to the person who decided who we went with both offers were very competitive so why not go with the u.k. based one on that basis? now there are 1400 people and families, with less money to spend resulting in lower spend in the high street when every business is fighting for their lives just about, poorer health which could rely more on the health service, less money in pensions so we may have to support them more in the future as well.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know daveo in all honesty, however if your figures are incorrect it is mind blowing, also this could lead to 3,000 jobs going i think with other companies affected by this decision, might be wrong though. According to the person who decided who we went with both offers were very competitive so why not go with the u.k. based one on that basis? now there are 1400 people and families, with less money to spend resulting in lower spend in the high street when every business is fighting for their lives just about, poorer health which could rely more on the health service, less money in pensions so we may have to support them more in the future as well.

Bombardier were actually going to get rid of over a thousand jobs anyway, and they wrote to the government before the decision was made to inform them of this, something to do with restructuring. Also, if you look at the figures in more detail and take your anti-tory hat off for a minute - I think its clouding your vision, you will see that 900 odd of jobs lost are in fact temporary staff who, more than likely will be got rid of in a few months time anyway. I feel truly sorry for the other 400 odd who will be losing there permanent jobs as it can't be nice, but its not entirely the governments fault, its the legislation which they have to abide by's fault, the one that was set up by Labour. Also, the Transport Secretary has said that it had no choice because of how it was set up and otherwise there would be no contract at all, by the time these trains are manufactured then they will be 16 years behind schedule so they had to go through with that.

And your point is? other than an "actually Ralph" point to you.

No matter if it was Siemens over here losing out to Bombardier who were over there, it would make no difference to the guys and girls in derby.

Isn't Bombardier technically Canadian but has a factory in England?

It is a Canadian company. But Litchurch lane is where trains would be made in Britain, the Siemens deal would see them built in Germany.

It has been a train factory for 170 years, but for most of those years it hasn't been known as Bombardier.

They were going to shed temp jobs yes, but were trying to hold onto skilled labour until the contract started.

Shafted by the government past and present.

Weird ain't it. Us, the people, keep on voting in toffs and/or rich middle class type pretending to be workers, and what happens? The rich keep getting richer, the poor keep getting poorer, the foreign despots keep getting their weapons and the earth slowly dies.

But we don't really realise it, cos we are all reading about some footballer getting off with some slag from a 'reality tv' show. Or hearing how immigrants/the eu/perverts are taking all our jobs and killing our children.

Well we used to, until the people organising this mass distraction were discovered to be hampering the investigations into abducted/murdered children for sensastional headlines.

At least we can rest peacefully though, knowing that millions of our babies won't die now the referendum on AV rejected the change. Not as peacefully as the old Etonains with their Westminster job for life, alongside their board positions at Tobacco, Oil, Weapons companies etc.

stinks don't it

yeah, but a lot of people in the goverments are best friends with the banker boys, and it's not fair that some of them only got 250k bonuses for leading the world to the brink of ruin so i'm happy that my taxes go to the rich elite or else i wouldn't have a job at all. apparently.

I hate Bankers more that reddogs.

Even the word 'Bankers' has been spun by the media scum.

My Dad worked for years in a Bank and was, by definition, a banker. His job entailed talking to local people and lending them money to start up their own business. Or if an older person was struggling to pay their bills in a big house, he could sort them out a different mortgage that would free up capital whilst ensuring they had something to pass onto their family.

The word banker now means a coked up ***** gambling pension funds, or a maths geek that has no concept that each derivative represents thousands of lost jobs, or some old money toff whose father's father's father's etc was probably into slavery and who takes home 10 million a year.

My dad got made redundant in about 1990 and he was fine. My mate's Dad, 5 years before retirement, just lost his job cos the furniture store he worked in went bust after years cos a Banker gambled the nation's money away into a scheme that allowed red necks in America to buy 5 bedroom condos on 450% mortgages.

Hitachi are building a new factory in the North East.

Am I supposed to hate Japs? Need to read some Murdoch rag to find out. I hated the europeans cos they were takin all our rights. Now the government are giving them all our jobs. But they also told me that EU scutters were coming all over here and taking our jobs? And the Euro is terrible ain't it cos the dear old rich queen's head ain't on the coin. But our taxes are been used to prop it up so the rich can stayer richer. But they are the ones telling me who to hate. I'm confused.

Archived