When will we get rid ?

Beanie

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about Steve Davies everyone? i think he should be added to the list that needs to go along with pearson, leacock, bywater and varney

Just looking at Steve's goal scoring record isn't very good and i feel he doesn't really add anything to the team, he's like a big player who holds up the balls and wins the headers except that he doesn't hold up the ball and barely wins headers nevermind hitting it over the crossbar from 2 yards

What about Steve Davies everyone? i think he should be added to the list that needs to go along with pearson, leacock, bywater and varney

Just looking at Steve's goal scoring record isn't very good and i feel he doesn't really add anything to the team, he's like a big player who holds up the balls and wins the headers except that he doesn't hold up the ball and barely wins headers nevermind hitting it over the crossbar from 2 yards

Apart from the fact that he was joint top scorer, when half fit, and has shown what he can do when fully fit, but yeah your right, he doesn't add anyhting to the team.

Apart from the fact that he was joint top scorer, when half fit, and has shown what he can do when fully fit, but yeah your right, he doesn't add anyhting to the team.

Being our joint top scorer isn't exactly an achievement for last season is it though? how many goals has he got this season? about 5? (sorry currently have no access to any kind of records)

It was 5 but all his goals were different, he wasn't fit, yet he still scored more than Cywka, the same as Bueno, he can be a vital player for us this season, and he can develop into a top player.

Maybe but he had 3x the appearence of both of them i think? In 57 starts he's only scored 9 goals? Cywka who i feel is not an out and out striker(more of a support winger kind) has scored his 4 in 31 appearences

He's not made 57 starts though has he? He's started 34 matches, many of those only half fit, the rest were sub apps.

And 31 x 3 = 57 obviously

Anyone wanting rid of Steve Davies is not all there in the head.

Pearson is a useful squad player. Who will likely see out his contract (an extension wouldn't surprise me either).

Leacock could be a useful back up, but will go if we receive any kind of offer +£350000.

I would love to see Croft step it up and prove everyone wrong, especially if he has been working hard at his fitness/weight.

There is obviously no place for Bywater, the same can be said for Varney.

Pearson is no goal scorer. He's scored what, 4 goals for us? His best:

pyj7iO73U_U

He's no goal scorer. He's scored what, 4 times in 121 games for us?

Cywka scored what, 4 times last season (33 games) or 4 in 38 all together for us. Cywka is an actual goal threat!

Steve Davies' goal record might not be that good, but you have to consider his long term injury problems and that he has played left wing at Tranmere and sometimes for Derby, you can't expect him to bag loads of goals from the wing.

I'm glad he's overcome his injury hell and being given the chance he deserves, show us why he was brought to Derby and we were right to stick by him.

I'd let Pearson go, but I'd keep him if the squad starts looking a little thin when players do leave, I see him as a backup player at best

We need to pay Croft off like we did with Clumsy Clod, no teams will come in for him with him only having 2 sub appearances at the start of last season.

Varney is still hoping for a Prem move, or hoping Blackpool will break the bank for him, which they won't do. We can't loan him out again, we have to sell him now.

Bywater has to go for obvious reasons. We should also get rid of Deeney, have Atkins/Severn on the bench and the other out on loan. If anything happens to Fielding we can loan a keeper in like we have done this season.

One of Buxton or Russell Anderson could possibly leave, depending on Leacock, whos more likely to leave and will free up his wages.

Personally I'd like to see Martin being given a chance but I very much doubt thats going to happen

Why can't we loan him out? Is this a League rule or are you just saying it would be a bad policy and that we should sell him instead?

Yeah I quite liked Croft's "have a go" attitude when he first came here - mind you it was a case of a lot of industry without much return but I did like his combative style. I sincerely hope he gets his career back on track and moreover I hope he does it with us.

Whichever way you look at these players, they haven't been handled well at all. How come there are so many dissafected players at the club? Is this normal? Bywater, Leacock, Croft are all good players at this level, We didn't get the best out of Commons or that bloke who's name begins with H, then there's Martin who's never had the chance. Is this a good use of the clubs assets? As a manager if I had millions of pounds of asses sat on a shelf unused my directors would be fooking livid.

Whichever way you look at these players, they haven't been handled well at all. How come there are so many dissafected players at the club? Is this normal? Bywater, Leacock, Croft are all good players at this level, We didn't get the best out of Commons or that bloke who's name begins with H, then there's Martin who's never had the chance. Is this a good use of the clubs assets? As a manager if I had millions of pounds of asses sat on a shelf unused my directors would be fooking livid.

I've no idea where you got that from, last season was the best of his career.

Why can't we loan him out? Is this a League rule or are you just saying it would be a bad policy and that we should sell him instead?

I'm saying it because we loaned him out to Sheffield Wednesday on 3 seperate occasions and Blackpool for a season, he obviously has no future at the club and its best to sell him and get something for him than loaning him out yet again until his contract runs out.

People say Croft should be given a chance, but I think maybe Clough will see what he's like during pre-season before making a decision, he apparently showed no desire last season when he was loaned out to Huddersfield, he only made 2 or 3 sub appearances

Archived