When will we get rid ?

Beanie

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do u need to? People was saying the squad was to thin last season, so aren't we building a squad? I can only see bywater going.

yeah but i see no point in keeping players that we ain't gonna play, by getting rid we open the door to bring in more new recruits

Bywater, Leacock and Varney seem to be 3 that are out on their ear.

Judging by Crofts twitter he is working very hard in training, so perhaps he could actually turn out to be a good player next season (i've seen stranger things happen) Martin is an unknown, I suspect he will go and I don't know about Pearson, I think he'll end up staying but without playing much if any part of next season.

And Pearson- please please take Pearson....Anyone?

May be a bit sentimental but I don't hate Pearson as much as everyone else seems to!

Still think with a bit more confidence he could be a great player. Would also like to see him tried out at left back in pre season to see if he is an option to cover Gareth Roberts. And yes I know I will get a bit of flak for this!

Croft was a decent player at Norwich - hard to imagine that he suddenly became absolute gash. More likely is that he's a bit of a confidence player who never really got started with us. Hopefully, if he comes back into the mix, he'll hit the ground running and get a bit of confidence going, and then we can see the best of him.

Agree with Bywater, Leacock and Varney - all need to go.

Personally, I'd add Pearson to the list, but it wouldn't totally ruin my day if he hung around next season as cover.

Bywater, Leacock and Varney seem to be 3 that are out on their ear.

Judging by Crofts twitter he is working very hard in training, so perhaps he could actually turn out to be a good player next season (i've seen stranger things happen) Martin is an unknown, I suspect he will go and I don't know about Pearson, I think he'll end up staying but without playing much if any part of next season.

Pearson didn't play much of a part last season- despite being on the pitch during many games!

Croft was a decent player at Norwich - hard to imagine that he suddenly became absolute gash. More likely is that he's a bit of a confidence player who never really got started with us. Hopefully, if he comes back into the mix, he'll hit the ground running and get a bit of confidence going, and then we can see the best of him.

Agree with Bywater, Leacock and Varney - all need to go.

Personally, I'd add Pearson to the list, but it wouldn't totally ruin my day if he hung around next season as cover.

or he had an attitude...

May be a bit sentimental but I don't hate Pearson as much as everyone else seems to!

Still think with a bit more confidence he could be a great player. Would also like to see him tried out at left back in pre season to see if he is an option to cover Gareth Roberts. And yes I know I will get a bit of flak for this!

though, he definitely has pace and enjoys a challenge but I think he is a bit too all in some times and would get a lot of bookings/reds. Not sure about his positional sense either (then again it appears Roberts hasn't got any either!).

yeah but i see no point in keeping players that we ain't gonna play, by getting rid we open the door to bring in more new recruits

But by what you are saying why get new recruits if they ain't going to play.

We need to build a squad, dont forget 3 players have already left

or he had an attitude...

Yeah that's possible. Seems as though he's knuckling down and grafting to get full fitness back, and didn't seem to have any qualms in going out on loan last year though. Not sure that would be happening if he saw himself as some sort of big-time charlie with a chip on his shoulder.

Hope not anyway!

though, he definitely has pace and enjoys a challenge but I think he is a bit too all in some times and would get a lot of bookings/reds. Not sure about his positional sense either (then again it appears Roberts hasn't got any either!).

The one time it mattered he was in the right place at the right time! Told you I was a bit sentimental about him!

^^ Wonder what the odds on Pearson scoring in that game were?!

I do tend to agree that Pearson isn't as bad as most people make out, which is also odd considering that I also agree that he can't shoot/cross/head. He's got bags of energy, does a lot of running, and isn't too bad in breaking up play when played in the middle.

But by what you are saying why get new recruits if they ain't going to play.

We need to build a squad, dont forget 3 players have already left

Yeah what i meant is Clough can bring in players he intends to play unlike Croft and Martin who he had no intention in using last season

Yeah that's possible. Seems as though he's knuckling down and grafting to get full fitness back, and didn't seem to have any qualms in going out on loan last year though. Not sure that would be happening if he saw himself as some sort of big-time charlie with a chip on his shoulder.

Hope not anyway!

Yeah I hope we keep him. I keep thinking back to that forest game in '09 - he changed it completely, it was a class display. He must be capable...

Archived