Steve McClaren New Forest Manager [Split]

StaffsRam

David Pleat made an interesting comment a few days back which surprised me.

"Nottingham Forest have spent more money in the last two and a half years than any other club in the championship".

QPR Swansea & Norwich are in the prem, so they are not in the Championship, 3 relegated clubs from the prem + the 3 promoted from div 1 have not really had a chance yet. so Forest spent more than the other 15 clubs.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
QPR Swansea & Norwich are in the prem, so they are not in the Championship, 3 relegated clubs from the prem + the 3 promoted from div 1 have not really had a chance yet. so Forest spent more than the other 15 clubs.

Which ever way you want to spin it.

They have certainly spent more than Swansea, Norwich, the 3 relegated teams from the championship and the 3 promoted sides from Division One so that would be more money spent than the other 23.

Which ever way you want to spin it.

They have certainly spent more than Swansea, Norwich, the 3 relegated teams from the championship and the 3 promoted sides from Division One so that would be more money spent than the other 23.

And they are still ****!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13814231.stm

Nottingham Forest have sacked five members of their backroom staff following the appointment of manager Steve McClaren.

Assistant manager David Kelly and coaches Julian Derby, Chris Fairclough, Pete Williams and Darren Robinson have had their contracts terminated.

They worked under former boss Billy Davies, who was sacked on Monday.

Forest chief executive Mark Arthur told the club website: "We would like to thank them for their contribution. However, due to the pisspoor management of William Davies and the inherent wankness of his backroom staff we felt it would be better to just sack them instead

The most amusing part of his BBC interview was:

BBC: 'What's your message to the fans today?'

Shteeve: 'Let's fill this stadium. Wherever I've gone and wherever I've been, the key thing I've said is 'full houses in the city ground'. That's the first target.'

Good luck with that.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13814231.stm

Forest chief executive Mark Arthur told the club website: "We would like to thank them for their contribution. However, due to the pisspoor management of William Davies and the inherent wankness of his backroom staff we felt it would be better to just sack them instead

Absolute quality.

The most amusing part of his BBC interview was:

BBC: 'What's your message to the fans today?'

Shteeve: 'Let's fill this stadium. Wherever I've gone and wherever I've been, the key thing I've said is 'full houses in the city ground'. That's the first target.'

Good luck with that.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

I think he could be good for them unfortunately, but we'll see. After all, if he gets given money and he fails after a season, or has a bad start and the fans get after him, it could go sour.

I think he could be good for them unfortunately, but we'll see. After all, if he gets given money and he fails after a season, or has a bad start and the fans get after him, it could go sour.

I don't see it somehow. The fans of 'Boro, England and Wolfsburg were all glad to see the back of him. It was only in Holland that he did well really. To be honest I was always more worried when Billy went to them as I rate him highly as a manager (but not as a person!) and I thought he would finish the job at Florist next season and get them promoted.

I think Florist will finish mid-table under McClaren which is their rightful position really with the poor support they get.

I think it'll go one way or the other - he'll walk the league or they'll be in mid table - no flirting with play offs.

He's probably never handled a more fickle bunch of supporters (apart from the ****** that go and watch England), so hopefully they give him some stick early doors and he crumbles.

Just so you know, those "****** that follow England" of which i am one, go all over the world supporting the national team, spending thousands of pounds of their hard earned wages.......and as for Maclaren, he will do great there, one of the best managers in the league.

Archived