Transfer News 6am Monday Morning

Day

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember glick saying there would be a around 6 signings apart from the emergency loan players.

That leaves us with 4 more - Maguire, Shackell, A left back & a Striker, supposedly.

1) Fielding , 2) Ward , 3) Robinson 4 ) Bryson , 5) Tyson , would love 4 more though

^^ That's my understanding as well.

Plus, he said at least six didn't he? I'd imagine further movement may depend on who we can also ship out, ie. Bywater, Leacock, Pearson, Varney etc - none of whom I see being here long-term.

Thus far, of the six, I'd say we have Tyson and Bryson, and we can probably add Maguire to those. Then it's Shackell, Waghorn and Eustace? Although I think we may also look for a utility player who can cover LB.

Think it will be a LB and a utility player as well. Possibly S.Davies out and Waghorn in.

Talking of utility players.....what happened to the Bujis deal. We sent some representatives over didn't we?

Yeah we did, in some countries July 1st is the opening day of the window. He might be waiting to see what offers come from elsewhere?

Think it will be a LB and a utility player as well. Possibly S.Davies out and Waghorn in.

Talking of utility players.....what happened to the Bujis deal. We sent some representatives over didn't we?

Shame we can't keep Davies, sign Waghorn and get rid of Tyson really. Can't see us signing another striker TBH I think thats it....

Glick was crystal clear on the radio this morning that we wanted another striker, a defensive midfielder and a centre half as the key signings. He never explicitly stated whether MacGuire was this new striker or not, but my impression was that he wasn't and that we would be bringing someone else in as well (presumably Waghorn being the prime target).

If we are back in for Buijs, I'd guess it's a back-up plan in case we don't get Eustace.

I think the 3 key players will carry a big price tag.

1 striker (clearly not Maguire, who would be more of a Ward type player) I think the 1.25million bid we had for Waghorn shows what we're willing to spend.

A centre back which looks to be nearly completed with Shackell set to sign (by all accounts) for 1million pound

and a defensive midfielder, which we have only heard that Eustace was a target!

I just don't see where another striker will fit in. I should think we have had to make all kinds of promises to Tyson about where he will play (CF) and that he will start etc. We have just signed Robinson, Ward, Tyson and looks like Maguire who are all strikers and still have Davies who Clough insists is a CF. how would we keep anymore happy? Don't get me wrong, I would love an out and out goalscorer as I don't think that Tyson is the answer but surely something has got to give?

I just don't see where another striker will fit in. I should think we have had to make all kinds of promises to Tyson about where he will play (CF) and that he will start etc. We have just signed Robinson, Ward, Tyson and looks like Maguire who are all strikers and still have Davies who Clough insists is a CF. how would we keep anymore happy? Don't get me wrong, I would love an out and out goalscorer as I don't think that Tyson is the answer but surely something has got to give?

It's called 'Options'.

Archived