Giles Barnes

smiffy

no-one has a higher opinion of giles barnes than giles himself

one of the most overrated players ever to put on the alice band

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Billy had somethign to do with the earthquake in Japan too...lets see if we can pin that on him too...

The only person that has ruined Barnes career is Barnes...and I stand by what I said....rubbish.

Billy played him too much, and he got injured. Not really much of a debate about that. He's a lot better than anyone we've had since, much more talented that Commons.

He is without a doubt one of the most promising youngsters in DCFC history, I don't think anyone could argue that, when he was at his best.. he was only just 18, and was an extra-ordinary talent.. had absolutely everything to be a threat. I would love him back, just on the hope that we can find that spark in him again, but as previously said injuries have ruined him... he could of been massive, such a raw player with so much potential.

Billy played him too much, and he got injured. Not really much of a debate about that. He's a lot better than anyone we've had since, much more talented that Commons.

at what?

at what?

He was a much better player than Commons, he was 18 remember.. I think people over-looked that quite often. as I previously said he had everything you could possibly want in a player, I believe consistency comes with age but injuries have made sure he never he reaches anything close to what he could of done... a major shame!

He was a much better player than Commons, he was 18 remember.. I think people over-looked that quite often. as I previously said he had everything you could possibly want in a player, I believe consistency comes with age but injuries have made sure he never he reaches anything close to what he could of done... a major shame!

tackle?

heading ability?

powerful shot?

left foot?

attitude?

tackle?

heading ability?

powerful shot?

left foot?

attitude?

The attitude came with confidence, when he was confident he was at his best.. also powerful shot? how did that worm in there, I was out cardiff where he ripped the net out in the last minute with a brilliant volley.

and he couldn't head the ball because it'd of just got stuck in his hair... in summary, he was an 18 year old.. he was without question the best young player i've ever seen in a derby shirt, much better than Huddlestone at the same age.

just typed 'giles barnes' into google and clicked on discussions, he is without a doubt the most talked about possible transfer in the championship.. pretty much every fansite for every club as him in, I think he'll go to Birmingham and be a good yet bit part player. I would have him back here in a heartbeat, although the wages would have to be low.

Hope he vanishes into some reserves somewhere.

He's a moron. Don't care how good he was/is/could be. I don't wish any success on people like him no matter what they do.

Oh my god, what did he do to you? Is it too personal to say?

I would have him back on a trial, see where his head is at and assess him physically. Talent is not an issue. I don't have to like him to see his potential value. BUT, no way in a million years would Clough go for him and secondly I doubt he would come back anyway.

One thing is for sure, he isn't coming back to Derby.

My reason? The insurance premium Derby would have had to pay was huge. Not long after he left I attended a charity Q&A night with Tom Glick, Roger Davies, John McGovern and John O'Hare, a question was put at Glick asking why Barnes left. Glick's reply was that the insurance that Derby would have had to pay on Barnes was 12 times higher than the next highest, he wouldn't say any numbers but 12 times is a big number!

One thing is for sure, he isn't coming back to Derby.

My reason? The insurance premium Derby would have had to pay was huge. Not long after he left I attended a charity Q&A night with Tom Glick, Roger Davies, John McGovern and John O'Hare, a question was put at Glick asking why Barnes left. Glick's reply was that the insurance that Derby would have had to pay on Barnes was 12 times higher than the next highest, he wouldn't say any numbers but 12 times is a big number!

If he manages to make a career in football then fair play to him. The fact is though that the medical diagnoses was he should stop playing for his own good and the club claim the insurance.

Derby offered to share this with him (they did'nt have to), but he declined and wanted to try again. He could only get insurance at ridiculous premiums so he had to go.

No ones fault really, (apart from the dirty stoke **** who took him out). Just one of those things.

I feel sorry for the lad myself. He had a promising career (hopefully still does) but by the sound of it the injury has really put that in doubt. If medical professionals recommend you don't play anymore it must be devastating. And all he gets from us lot is abuse because he came across as arrogant. How many players come across as arrogant? I can name a load. If he was still fit and here he'd be alright with everyone but because he's not we slag him off.

Archived