Left Back in the rumour mill

sage

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets not panic too much. Roberts actually finished the season well. I do think though they will have a loan in mind until the player Cloughy wants is available or affordable.

I expect him to unearth a left footed version of Brayford by the start of next season (2012/13).

The futures bright - the futures Black and White!:D

You are only as strong as your weakest link. The Titanic was a ruddy big metal boat with a small hole in it but it still sank!

Fielding, Brayford, Barker, Shakell are pure steel but Roberts is the hole caused by the iceberg of decent Championship strikers! :confused:

Is it me, or were some fans have selected eye sight in the second half of last season?

Roberts was absolutely fine in the final 10 or so games, not a problem at all. We were weaker down the centre, if anything.

A number of games I counted how many aerial jostles Roberts one. From when I did it, he was only out-jostled by one opponent, and that was Burnley's right-winger (can't remember his name).

Is it me, or were some fans have selected eye sight in the second half of last season?

Roberts was absolutely fine in the final 10 or so games, not a problem at all. We were weaker down the centre, if anything.

A number of games I counted how many aerial jostles Roberts one. From when I did it, he was only out-jostled by one opponent, and that was Burnley's right-winger (can't remember his name).

You are absolutely correct, there was nothing at all wrong with Roberts as left back in the latter half of the season. So many on here have to have a player to kick. If Roberts left they would simply move on to someone else.

Already lining up Green when he's back from injury. He's ginger, he's got in coming!

In all seriousness though he is an ageing leftback that is nothing more than a solid Championship player. I see nothing wrong with keeping him and having him play most of the season. The issue occurs when he is the only leftback. We have no cover, good or otherwise and he'll be bloody 34 this season!!! 34 isn't an age that you should be relying on a single player at! But I agree Roberts was fairly decent at times last season. Maybe I'm just ageist.

Roberts was absolutely fine in the final 10 or so games, not a problem at all.

It looks like wind up. Roberts is absolute ****. Too small, too weak, too slow, too old e.t.c. Just not good enough.

I would prefer Callum Ball or Aaron Cole at leftback position than him tbh. Both of them played that role for reserves last season.

It looks like wind up. Roberts is absolute ****. Too small, too weak, too slow, too old e.t.c. Just not good enough.

I would prefer Callum Ball or Aaron Cole at leftback position than him tbh. Both of them played that role for reserves last season.

Speaking of wind ups...

Are we talking about the same player? Gareth Roberts.

Which games have you been watching? I know the world's full of opinions, but I have no idea how you've arrived at this one. Did you only see him around January/February or something?

Which games have you been watching? I know the world's full of opinions, but I have no idea how you've arrived at this one. Did you only see him around January/February or something?

I agree with you Duracell. Roberts had a spell towards the end of the season where he played well. The problem is some make their minds up - and then that's it.

I don't know what G. Roberts you are talking about but I'm talking about this one:

http://s005.radikal.ru/i210/1106/e7/04c56da080c0

Archived