Shaun Barker on the phone!

Gaspode

Show me these promises? They don't exist, Glick and co never promised anything. If I owned Derby I wouldn't have sacked Nigel, does that mean I don't care about the club?

When they took over the club the announced a £50M investment package to include the purchase, investment in players and to clear the debt. Over recent transfer windows we have been linked with the likes of Billy Sharpe, Hooper etc but out inept CEO no quite manages to deliver. He has even come out recently and admited that he has got it wrong!

Incidentally in all of these windows we have sold players and Clough has created funds not spent them.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When they took over the club the anounced a £50M investment package to include the purchase investments and to clear the debt. Over recent transfer windows we have been linked with the likes of Billy Sharpe, Hooer etc but out inept CEO no quite manages to deliver. He has even come out recently and admited that he has got it wrong!

I'm still not seeing any promises. The club is in a much better position than when they bought us, we're in a similar position on the pitch but with a much lower wage budget.

Lionel didn't - but then, I think we're out of rich benefactors.....:frown:

Well said, best back club in the midlands, best traing facilities and a superb ground! Great foundations to build somthing great, investers don't list themselves like players that are out of contract!

Wasn't there a rich arab family that tried to buy us a while back??????

I'm still not seeing any promises. The club is in a much better position than when they bought us, we're in a similar position on the pitch but with a much lower wage budget.

Listen Mr Argumentative, I do not have to provide you with proof. Google derby County take over and links for the above players and you can find it all for yourself.

I am not chasing round the internet to appease your ego!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listen Mr Argumentative, I do not have to provide you with proof. Google derby County take over and links for the above players and you can find it all for yourself.

I am not chasing round the internet to appease your ego!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They were rumours linking us to Billy Sharp and Gary Hooper yes, I believe we made a bid for Hooper but didn't think Sharp was good enough value. Mr Glick has never promised spending until a few weeks ago. I think you've mistaken trying to sign players, and promising investment.

Well said, best back club in the midlands, best traing facilities and a superb ground! Great foundations to build somthing great, investers don't list themselves like players that are out of contract!

Wasn't there a rich arab family that tried to buy us a while back??????

Glad they did'nt buy us and spend £100m on players. I would hate to have bin laden with debts.....

Glad they did'nt buy us and spend £100m on players. I would hate to have bin laden with debts.....

Cue the Paras.

I`m not a fan of GSE but haven`t they got us in better financial position. Less debt and a healthier wage bill ? And the time they have been running things the worlds economics has gone to hell. Not the easiest time to manage a football club.

I am anything but 'silly', I am aware that they have covered losses over the past 2 and a bit seasons in charge. However, they promised to invest £50M straight away and never delivered. It has come to light they bought the club for £16M. They the used the parachute payments to reduce the clubs debts further rather than paying them straight off as promised. I am aware that they have covered around £17M of losses over the past few years.

My point is had they of invested properly in the first place we would be back in the EPL rather than pissing around signing tons of free transfers on large salaries. The cocked it up big time, thinking they would get straight back in the EPL when they appointed Jewell.

They created a bigger mess than they inherited, that is why we have had 4 transfer widows of Clough crating funds rather than spending them. Yes it needed doing, but you can't tuen an oil tanker on a sixpence.

They know sod all about football, all they know about is marketing and maximising revenue streams. If they cared about this club they would have sacked NLN ages ago, he clearly isn't up to the job.

Queue - Debate...............

P.S. What about all the false promises of signing big money transfers????????

Can we invoke the NLN ban? Stupid post!

Can we invoke the NLN ban? Stupid post!

Why????????????????? Because I have a differing opinion to you?

He has a pathetic win record, he can't motivate, he slags his players off publically, he is tactically inept, he constantly plays players out of position.

If his name wasn't Clough, he would have lost the blind faithful long ago! He isn't his dad, he never will be, lightening rarely strikes twice in the same place!

He has a pathetic win record, he can't motivate, he slags his players off publically, he is tactically inept, he constantly plays players out of position.

If his name wasn't Clough, he would have lost the blind faithful long ago! He isn't his dad, he never will be, lightening rarely strikes twice in the same place!

If he'd not had to halve the wage bill and had some money to spend I'd agree with you.

Your not looking at the whole picture, there are other factors involved in running a club nowadays. Nigel has done a good job in my opinion, and I hope he continues doing that for many years to come.

Your not looking at the whole picture, there are other factors involved in running a club nowadays. Nigel has done a good job in my opinion, and I hope he continues doing that for many years to come.

I`m still undecided about him but i really hope he can turn things round next season.

A presumption!

I have looked at the bigger picture, Clough himself said he could not understand why our form changed after the departures of Kuqi, Fielding, Commons and Moxey!

The man is clueless IMO, which I am entitled too!

Even given all of the above, what concerns me most is his body language pitch side. He is either hiding or looks scared stiff, we need a motivator in the technical area. Nigel isn't strong enough for me!

However, it looks like he will be give some cash in the summer. When he fails in the first 10 games of the new season will you still be hailing him as a great success?????????

A presumption!

I have looked at the bigger picture, Clough himself said he could not understand why our form changed after the departures of Kuqi, Fielding Commons and Moxey!

The man is clueless IMO, which I am entitled too!

Even given all of the above, what concerns me most is his body language pitch side. He is either hiding or looks scared stiff, we need a motivator in the technical area. Nigel isn't strong enough for me!

However, it looks like he will be give some cash in the summer. When he fails in the first 10 games in the new season will you stil be hailing him as doing a great job?????????

You're being rather presumptuous are you not. If he succeeds in the first 10 games will you still call him clueless??????????????

You're being rather presumptuous are you not. If he succeeds in the first 10 games will you still call him clueless??????????????

I will be happy to eat the largest slice of humble pie ever! I wouldn't buy the ingrediants just yet though! :rolleyes:

For the record I like Nigel, I just don't think he is good enough to take us forward"

I will be happy to eat the largest slice of humble pie ever! I wouldn't buy the ingrediants just yet though! :rolleyes:

For the record I like Nigel, I just don't think he is good enough to take us forward"

A lot of fans agree with you, including most of the ones i know :mad: Luckily, they're wrong as well!:D

Archived