So,we're getting some cash then

rezner

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Glick know?

I wonder when Glick and Co found out about this payment. Did their knowledge of this prompt the "we will invest Speech". Its much easier to promise investment when you have been told your getting an £8m bonus.

Now It's understood why board have agreed to finance some summer signings.

I don't think we will spend a quarter of that though.

Of course we won't spend it all on transfers I'm sure most of it will be spent on wages and signing on fee's but then again that's logical and isn't a moan at the board so can see were your coming from.

I doubt that we'll be the only ones getting this cash. With our poor sqaud, the teams coming up looking pretty good, the abysmal teams dropping out of the division and pretty much half(ish) the other teams in the division having parachute payments, if we don't spend then we are really going to struggle (just for a change).

SillyBilly

That link has some interesting facts at the bottom.

"This is Derby's 48th game of the season in all competitions. No Championship side has played fewer matches."

"The Rams have scored five league goals in the final 10 minutes of matches - fewer than any other team in the division."

Really is poor.

That link has some interesting facts at the bottom.

"This is Derby's 48th game of the season in all competitions. No Championship side has played fewer matches."

"The Rams have scored five league goals in the final 10 minutes of matches - fewer than any other team in the division."

Really is poor.

In a team full of young players or players returning from injury its hardly surprising that fitness levels appear to be lacking.

Compare this to the promotion season when the team seemed to be so fit and scored lots of goals near the end of matches.

Just goes to show it really is a game of 90 minutes.

SillyBilly

I'd reckon its less to do with fitness and more to do with tactics or nouse from the players. From what I've heard of Clough's training, alot of it is off-ball, a stickler for fitness.

I'd reckon its less to do with fitness and more to do with tactics or nouse from the players. From what I've heard of Clough's training, alot of it is off-ball, a stickler for fitness.

Sitting back and inviting pressure certainly contributes

I think we'll spend around 5 million on transfers, think wages will be low but it'll be good to see championship players coming in.

David Norris still unsigned at Ipswich, surely would be a good signing along with McAuley.

ColinBloomfield: Re the questions about the £8m parachute payment to Derby - the club say it doesn't apply to them. The BBC match preview online is wrong

I think we'll spend around 5 million on transfers, think wages will be low but it'll be good to see championship players coming in.

David Norris still unsigned at Ipswich, surely would be a good signing along with McAuley.

Had a look at the Championship players available on free transfers today and highlighted the players I think did well against us last season and both Norris and McCauley were on the list.

Archived