El Classico....Champions league Semi Final

froggg

Almost everyone agrees it was not a foul in spain and the press believe it was a dive. Look on twitter and follow madrid.

I work with 2 Spainiards, neither support Barca OR Real, and both think that it WAS a foul and at full speed, it is easy to see why he was sent off.

So there you go, I have the opinion of two Spaniards, you have the opinion of none...

You really are making yourself look silly little boy.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not bragging here, but I'm near fluent in Spanish and they are saying it is a foul... You simply cannot go into a challenge like that.

They're saying it's at least a yellow card, and it can be a red card for the intent.

Remember a few years ago Wayne Rooney got a yellow card for a 2 footed lunge, yet he didn't touch the player. The intent was there, yellow card.

This is a foul, they also say it's a studs up challenge where he rolls over the top of the ball. The sheer force of touching the ball like that makes Dani Alves move that way, he can't defy the laws of physics.

Also Plan B, rules in England and Spain are completely different, it'sa culture thing.. I play football and some of the things I used to do in England I can't do here.

This is a foul and I have the opinion of many latin people. (Including an huge Real Madrd fan).

Also Plan B, rules in England and Spain are completely different, it'sa culture thing.. I play football and some of the things I used to do in England I can't do here.

This is a foul and I have the opinion of many latin people. (Including an huge Real Madrd fan).

Wrong, the rules are not completely different, there exactly the same. The referees and players are just soft, that's all.

Wrong, the rules are not completely different, there exactly the same. The referees and players are just soft, that's all.

Appologies I worded that wrong.

Of course the rules are the same.. But I'm saying for certain things you can get away with in England you can't get away with in Spain or other Southern European players.

Of the clip I've never once said it was a red card. But a foul, of course it is! He could have broken his leg with a challenge like that.

Appologies I worded that wrong.

Of course the rules are the same.. But I'm saying for certain things you can get away with in England you can't get away with in Spain or other Southern European players.

Of the clip I've never once said it was a red card. But a foul, of course it is! He could have broken his leg with a challenge like that.

It is definitely a foul, and at the time, without the benefit of a million different camera angles and super slow mothion, I thought it was a red card, having looked at it again, I think I would have just given a yelow card, it was a horrible tackle.

But i think the tackle is getting away from the fact that Barca pummled them. it was so easy.

It is definitely a foul, and at the time, without the benefit of a million different camera angles and super slow mothion, I thought it was a red card, having looked at it again, I think I would have just given a yelow card, it was a horrible tackle.

But i think the tackle is getting away from the fact that Barca pummled them. it was so easy.

If it was so easy then why weren't they winning against 11 men, same could be said about the game against Arsenal. If Pepe had stayed on the pitch Madrid wouldn't have lost

So to conclude..

Barcelona are brilliant. They have sublime footballers and play a game that will be remembered in years to come.

Barcelona bore a few people

Some people think Barca cheat.

Some people think Real Madrid cheat.

Messi is the best player in the world right now.. And has broken the spanish goalscoring record (currently 52). He will be remembered in 100 years time alongside the likes of Pele, Maradonna and Zidane.

Real Madrid are brilliant, and have brilliant footballers. However, 8 points behind Barca and a CL exit at their rivals beckons.. Theyre currently Spains second best team.

Pepes challenge was a foul, no matter how you dress it up. A red card, I dont think so.

Mourinho is second best this season to Pep.

Manchester United vs Barcelona at Wembley will be a great final.

How would you possibly know the opinion of 'almost everyone in Spain?

And getting Real Madrid's thoughts wouldn't be at all biased.

The national press agreed it was not a foul. If you cant see that by now the people need their head checking.

I work with 2 Spainiards, neither support Barca OR Real, and both think that it WAS a foul and at full speed, it is easy to see why he was sent off.

So there you go, I have the opinion of two Spaniards, you have the opinion of none...

You really are making yourself look silly little boy.

Sure. When are you going to admit your wrong instead of carrying on with your pathetic attempt to defend something you cant. It is not even up for debate anymore it clearly was a dive as football pundits have said. But obviously you know more then them. #bullsh*t

Sure. When are you going to admit your wrong instead of carrying on with your pathetic attempt to defend something you cant. It is not even up for debate anymore it clearly was a dive as football pundits have said. But obviously you know more then them. #bullsh*t

It was a foul. Not a red card, but it was a foul.

No news on your "i got it completely wrong when i said barca have bought the league"

Madrid were second best on the night, have been second best this season, and pep is a great manager. These things are not open fir debate, they are simply facts.

It was a foul. Not a red card, but it was a foul.

No news on your "i got it completely wrong when i said barca have bought the league"

Madrid were second best on the night, have been second best this season, and pep is a great manager. These things are not open fir debate, they are simply facts.

They were only better when they cheated to get Alves off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32j9yK-j8VU

That was them cheating last year and to think a lot of people have been tricked into thinking they were a 'top class' team. RM have no chance of getting to the CL final so I really hope Man Utd stuff em.

They were only better when they cheated to get Alves off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32j9yK-j8VU

That was them cheating last year and to think a lot of people have been tricked into thinking they were a 'top class' team. RM have no chance of getting to the CL final so I really hope Man Utd stuff em.

They were better for the entire game. Ut must have been all those players they bought?!

They were better for the entire game. Ut must have been all those players they bought?!

Now you realised your wrong you are going onto something I got wrong which had nothing to do with them cheating?

Why do I even bother with replying to you?

Would you like me to paste you the rules of football on here before I go to the match?

Now you realised your wrong you are going onto something I got wrong which had nothing to do with them cheating?

Why do I even bother with replying to you?

Would you like me to paste you the rules of football on here before I go to the match?

Wrong? I dont think i am wrong at all, how much possesion, shots etc did your beloved real have before they were down to 10 men? And just to add, adebayor was incredibly lucky not to get himself sent off too, running around like a mardy kud pushing people in the face...

So you are admitting you were completely 100% wrong over the whole pep is rubbish and barca bought the championship?? You fool.

As for your beloved ronaldo, he was awful, messi is a fazziliontimes better than he can ever dream about being.

Archived