Ok, so i'm bored....

sage

******** to steady progress in this league. Teams are either crap or good and it can swing from one to the other from season to season (a la Sheff U). It's playsoffs or failure.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
******** to steady progress in this league. Teams are either crap or good and it can swing from one to the other from season to season (a la Sheff U). It's playsoffs or failure.

I agree with this.

We're not going to be the only club thats going to be spending 3mill plus in a hope for the playoffs.

Hull, Leicester, Burnley, The 3 relegated teams, The 3 playoff teams that will stay down, Brighton, Soton, Millwall, Brsitol City, Pompey, Ipswich, Boro, ourselves and possibly more will all target the top 6 next season.

Theres only going to be a hatful of teams, probably around 5-6 that would be happy to avoid relegation, the rest are gonna go for it.

Next season expect big bucks to be flying around, expect many suprises ala Norwich, expect at least 6-8 (1/3rd) of the managers to get the sack, expect strange signigns, brilliant cheap ones and expensive flops, expect ridiculous loan signings, expect at least 12(1/2) of the league to fluctuate between 1st and 18th etc, expect 18/24 (3/4)of NPC teams to have at least spent a week occupying a top 6 spot.

Welcome to the Championship. The most unpredictable league in the world.

If he spends the cash, and has a similar season to this one, I'd expect him to get the sack.

Just like Roy Keane and Gordon Strachan who both spent and failed.

Wouldnt need to sack him, wait until the end of the season when his contract expires - no compensation to pay then.

A little paragraph that seems to have been missed by people as it can be taken two ways, here it is from Clough in the DET yesterday

http://www.therams.co.uk/news/Clough-hails-Rams-fine-form-team/article-3461419-detail/article.html

"We have been beaten only once in the last six games, which is a good run, and we are just seeing a little bit of a pattern coming back to the team with players who will be around next season."

Could mean :

1. Ward, Robinson, Fielding will be joining permanently
  2. Bueno, Ayala - might be back on loan next season
  3. We have the players we will have for next season (just for the pessimists to have a play with)
  4. There wont be much new coming in the summer
  5. We dont need many more players, just a bit of experience to add to the squad
  6. Savage will be getting a new deal.

Just a little food dor thought

A little paragraph that seems to have been missed by people as it can be taken two ways, here it is from Clough in the DET yesterday

http://www.therams.co.uk/news/Clough-hails-Rams-fine-form-team/article-3461419-detail/article.html

Could mean :

1. Ward, Robinson, Fielding will be joining permanently
  2. Bueno, Ayala - might be back on loan next season
  3. We have the players we will have for next season (just for the pessimists to have a play with)
  4. There wont be much new coming in the summer
  5. We dont need many more players, just a bit of experience to add to the squad
  6. Savage will be getting a new deal.

Just a little food dor thought

From another forum:

Concerned Supporters Meetings with Tom Glick ...

He (Glick) did suggest that Fielding, Robinson and Ward were virtually done deals and not part of the ''six proven championship players'' discussed by NC in the press. He felt that Derby needed 2 further Championship goalscorers up front and has been given a list of 5 such players as first choices. He felt we needed a ''leader in midfield'' to replace Savage and some creativity. That alongside Barker they would try to sign another Centre Half, another left-back and a multi-purpose defender who could play in a number of positions. He felt they could have a couple of long term loans. They are in talks with Liverpool over extending Ayala but might find it difficult to sign him early on because Liverpool might want a look at him during pre-season themselves. He felt the club missed out on Lansbury and would like to think if similar players came on the scene that Derby would be in for them.

Top ten never being concerned of relegation and always hoping we can get that last playoff place!

Every transfer window since GSE have been here I have given them the next window to invest in top players, after last Jan I was a bit anti board but if they dont invest in a few good players this summer Ward and Fielding not included I will want them gone!!!

Top ten never being concerned of relegation and always hoping we can get that last playoff place!

Every transfer window since GSE have been here I have given them the next window to invest in top players, after last Jan I was a bit anti board but if they dont invest in a few good players this summer Ward and Fielding not included I will want them gone!!!

I am of the same thinking Mary Hindge.

I winder who the 5 strikers are that we will attempt to buy two from. On this forum I've heard the following mentioned.

Sharp

Graham

Le Fondre

Nugent

Murray

Morison

Cox

Any others?

Cheeky little bid for Jamie Mackie maybe?

NC did say they would be signing players we've been linked with for the last couple of seasons.

I agree with this.

We're not going to be the only club thats going to be spending 3mill plus in a hope for the playoffs.

Hull, Leicester, Burnley, The 3 relegated teams, The 3 playoff teams that will stay down, Brighton, Soton, Millwall, Brsitol City, Pompey, Ipswich, Boro, ourselves and possibly more will all target the top 6 next season.

Theres only going to be a hatful of teams, probably around 5-6 that would be happy to avoid relegation, the rest are gonna go for it.

Next season expect big bucks to be flying around, expect many suprises ala Norwich, expect at least 6-8 (1/3rd) of the managers to get the sack, expect strange signigns, brilliant cheap ones and expensive flops, expect ridiculous loan signings, expect at least 12(1/2) of the league to fluctuate between 1st and 18th etc, expect 18/24 (3/4)of NPC teams to have at least spent a week occupying a top 6 spot.

Welcome to the Championship. The most unpredictable league in the world.

Woah, That's 17 teams :eek: (For anyone who can't add......maybe me?). I'd like to see us finish higher than Bristol City, Pompey, Ipswich, Millwall, Brighton, Southampton and Boro surely can't spend again? and are shot to bits at the minute. Sounds achievable if we build a reasonable team.

By default, that makes us top 10..........What I said ;) lol. But you're spot on Bris in the fact this league is a crazy rollercoaster ride. IMO the most exciting in the world in terms of competitiveness although without the best players. Gunna be a cracking season next season, Let's just hope we're looking a comfortable top 10 side........Then who knows :cool:

Not with that strike force

Sharp and Nugent would get 35 goals between them. I would happily put money on it. Of course we would still need to sort out CM, CB and cover for LB & RB.

Out of interest using only players we have been linked with or stand a chance of getting who would you suggest as a strike partnership?

Sharp and Nugent would get 35 goals between them. I would happily put money on it. Of course we would still need to sort out CM, CB and cover for LB & RB.

Out of interest using only players we have been linked with or stand a chance of getting who would you suggest as a strike partnership?

Murray and La Fondre.

Complement each other well and played together at Rochdale scoring lot's of goals each. Murray was top scorer tho.

Archived