Clough on Bueno

Briggsy

"I don't know what his problem was. If you don't want to be brought off, play well, it's very simple," said Clough.

I thought Bueno played well in the first half, him and Ward looked like the only ones who wanted the ball and to actually win.

I don't really think this is the way to address a problem with a player either. Ask him what's wrong, this is Cloughs problem.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't at the game so I do not know how well he was playing personally, but I was speaking to a couple of blokes and they said that it was like Bueno didn't even want to be on the pitch at all on Saturday.

As regard to how clough has spoke about it, maybe the reporter has asked him a question about bueno's reaction as he went off? (If there was 1) Clough could have said "well he was playing sh it and threw his toys out the pram like a mardy brat" I know what reaction is better.

Just like to say, again, I wasn't at the match and don't know if Bueno had any sort of reaction to being taken off.

I wasn't at the game so I do not know how well he was playing personally, but I was speaking to a couple of blokes and they said that it was like Bueno didn't even want to be on the pitch at all on Saturday.

As regard to how clough has spoke about it, maybe the reporter has asked him a question about bueno's reaction as he went off? (If there was 1) Clough could have said "well he was playing sh it and threw his toys out the pram like a mardy brat" I know what reaction is better.

Just like to say, again, I wasn't at the match and don't know if Bueno had any sort of reaction to being taken off.

I think it's as clear an indication as you can ask for that Clough has lost the dressing room and hasn't got a clue how football should be played or how to manage players.

The only reason I can think of for taking him off is because Clough wanted to upset Bueno deliberately.

As for the other DET article where he says they've had problems 'to say the least' with Leacock. Well, doesn't that just underline it all?

I mean, just because Leacock's an arrogant @rse who serially mucks up by missing challenges, losing the attacker and falling out of position, it doesn't give the manager any excuse to in any way criticise him.

Clough out! :rolleyes:

Thye interview was a post match one i assume. The same kind of interview that when asked about an off-side goal, the manager will reply with something like "haven't had time to look at it yet", never mind have a conversation with someone who doesn't speak good English.

Would have thought the best time to talk to him would have =benn on Monday when everyone is less emotional/less adrenaline etc.

Clough ou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ter!!!!

I mean, just because Robbie Savage is an arrogant @rse who serially mucks up by missing challenges, losing the attacker and falling out of position, it doesn't give the manager any excuse to in any way criticise him

Whilst I'm not all-for Clough's head, it's kind of odd how I can change the name to Robbie Savage, or even Gareth Roberts (less the arrogant @rse bit), and the description still fits.

Both Roberts and Savage have been exempt from public criticism to the extent other players have had to endure.

Bueno went straight down the tunnel when he came off – rather than sit on the bench to watch the rest of the game.

He had a terrible game in retrospect. I don’t think he touched the ball for the first 15 minutes?

He did show some nice touches but he really didn’t get going, and just before he was taken off he collected the ball on the break and swept a majestic cross-field ball directly to...the one remaining Coventry defender. It felt like that was the last straw to Cloughie!

He just had an off day but NC is right though – players need to be mature enough to accept when they haven’t had a good game. At the end of the day if he wasn’t happy with being taken off he was probably just mad with himself more than anything

I think it's as clear an indication as you can ask for that Clough has lost the dressing room and hasn't got a clue how football should be played or how to manage players.

The only reason I can think of for taking him off is because Clough wanted to upset Bueno deliberately.

As for the other DET article where he says they've had problems 'to say the least' with Leacock. Well, doesn't that just underline it all?

I mean, just because Leacock's an arrogant @rse who serially mucks up by missing challenges, losing the attacker and falling out of position, it doesn't give the manager any excuse to in any way criticise him.

Clough out! :rolleyes:

Take him off to upset him deliberately? Maybe he took him off to change the game, a plan b.

Whilst I'm not all-for Clough's head, it's kind of odd how I can change the name to Robbie Savage, or even Gareth Roberts (less the arrogant @rse bit), and the description still fits.

Both Roberts and Savage have been exempt from public criticism to the extent other players have had to endure.

Please don't doctor quotes to make your opinions read like they're mine, there's a good chap.

May I refer you to the thread where we debate fans not getting too caught up in taking their opinions as facts.

I don't disagree with you actually about Savage and Roberts, but they're probably playing at the top of their game and there's no point in criticising their lack of ability.

Bueno has a lot more to give than he was giving 2nd half. Leacock has always had an attitude problem that's probably why Fullam got shot of him. His did his job on Saturday, hence the public praise.

I think it's as clear an indication as you can ask for that Clough has lost the dressing room:

If Clough has lost the dressing room then its obviously easier to get rid of the team and get a new dressing room than it is to sack the manager

Please don't doctor quotes to make your opinions read like they're mine, there's a good chap.

May I refer you to the thread where we debate fans not getting too caught up in taking their opinions as facts.

I don't disagree with you actually about Savage and Roberts, but they're probably playing at the top of their game and there's no point in criticising their lack of ability.

Bueno has a lot more to give than he was giving 2nd half. Leacock has always had an attitude problem that's probably why Fullam got shot of him. His did his job on Saturday, hence the public praise.

Not too sure what I've done wrong there mate, I changed your quote but my post was explicit enough to say I had changed it and I explained why. Also not quite sure where I've stated opinion as fact? But ok, nevermind...

Its quite easy to get rid of the team since half of it is on loan &1 is retiring. As for Dean Leacock personally I like him. He seemed to be a reasonable player, with the right attitude when he was a regular in the team which won promotion, not too many seasons ago.

Its quite easy to get rid of the team since half of it is on loan &1 is retiring. As for Dean Leacock personally I like him. He seemed to be a reasonable player, with the right attitude when he was a regular in the team which won promotion, not too many seasons ago.

Leacock at his best is easily good enough to be key to a side looking at promotion.

Problem is, we've all just about forgot what his best looks like. How can you get Dean Leacock to play at his best. And play at his best often?

What a waste. Defenders half as good as him will have far better careers.

Leacock at his best is easily good enough to be key to a side looking at promotion.

Problem is, we've all just about forgot what his best looks like. How can you get Dean Leacock to play at his best. And play at his best often?

What a waste. Defenders half as good as him will have far better careers.

Leacock hasn't been good for 3 years, I'm a big fan of his but since his first season.. at his best he is average, normally he is poor and at his worse.. it's dreadful.

his actual ability shone in the premiership season, he just isn't good enough.. at all for that level.

Leacock hasn't been good for 3 years, I'm a big fan of his but since his first season.. at his best he is average, normally he is poor and at his worse.. it's dreadful.

his actual ability shone in the premiership season, he just isn't good enough.. at all for that level.

When Leacock has actually played at centre half our results have always have seemed to have improved. I dont know if thats just luck though.

Archived