Buxton's contract extended for another 12 months

davenportram

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rated Buxton when he played. His critics will always be there because he's from Burton. His performances are what count and i don't remember anything really wrong.

But him and Anderson need to be available far more. It's a miracle we've been able to field two natural CB's for the majority of the season considering who our defenders are. Barker is the only reliable defender and he's been playing injured!!

Big season for Buxton next season. If Nigel can't turn to him at all then his short and rather un-eventful Derby career should be over.

Both Buxton and Anderson look solid enough for cover though.

Glad he's got an extension

i dont believe anyone can say that Buxton is better than Leacock....

So that must mean its either :-

Wages or favoritism (cos we all know that NC fell out with Leacock after Florist,whereas Buxton would sit in a tree if NC told him to ) or both....

neither are acceptable to me, as it suggests that a small (relative to budget) amount of money or just NC stuborn fickleness is weakening our 'Global brand'...

makes me laugh.

some of the idiots on here that are calling Buxton.

The guy will be on relative peanuts and showed when he was called upon last season when we hammered Newcastle and beat forest at our place that he will come in and give 150%

no, we cant build a side around him and we wont, but every club has to have players that are prepared to sit out and step up to the plate now and again when called upon

Anyone remember Sean Flynn during our jim smith promotion season, as limited a player as iv ever seen and he spent half the time on the bench behind van der laan and powell, but sweet jesus would he come in and put in a shift for the side when called upon

jakes one of the same

What is all this ******** about 110%, 150%, you lot sound like footballers. All of them should put in 100% as a minimum, otherwise clear off. What wage he is on doesn't interest me one bit, only his fitness and ability and I've barely been able to judge his ability considering his fitness.

.....for one season. Hulse was injured, Commons was injured, Barker was injured, Davies was injured, Porter was injured, Addison was injured, Bailey's been injured, Bywater was injured, Pearson was injured, Green is always ill, Anderson has been injured- It is part of the game, when he has played he has looked steady- I can't believe people are moaning about extending his contract

Wasting your breath with some of these lot.

They will want GSE to pay £10million on someone and pay him £20k a week to sit on the bench.

Or, stop paying £50k a year for a back up player when we could let him go, have O'Brien in the same slot and pay him £20k

Or, stop paying £50k a year for a back up player when we could let him go, have O'Brien in the same slot and pay him £20k

Not seen enough of O'Brien to comment on him but NC has overlooked him on numerous occasions this season so assume he does not rate him that highly

What is all this ******** about 110%, 150%, you lot sound like footballers. All of them should put in 100% as a minimum, otherwise clear off. What wage he is on doesn't interest me one bit, only his fitness and ability and I've barely been able to judge his ability considering his fitness.

I take your point about his fitness this season, but he he isn't the only player with a previously good injury record to be struck with the injury curse that has dogged us over the previous couple of seasons. I think people recognise his attitude and '110%' commitment because it is in stark contrast to some of the overpaid and 'better' players who dont appear to have given this commitment in recent times, most of which have thankfully been moved on. Every successful team needs squad players like Buxton who can be relied upon to come in occasionally and do a job when the chips are down, the older heads on here will remember Peter Daniel.

buxton

Jake will always play his heart out, not the most skillful but he will stick his head in there, and roll up his sleeves, unlike some of them. Must be the pitch at pride park, he was never injured much at mansfield, theyre all knackered at Derby.

Not seen enough of O'Brien to comment on him but NC has overlooked him on numerous occasions this season so assume he does not rate him that highly

He is rated very highly at Derby, but it would not be fair to him or his development to push him into a struggling team at his young age. If we can get ourselves mathematically safe we may well see appearances by O'Brien, Ball and Hendricks this season.

I take your point about his fitness this season, but he he isn't the only player with a previously good injury record to be struck with the injury curse that has dogged us over the previous couple of seasons. I think people recognise his attitude and '110%' commitment because it is in stark contrast to some of the overpaid and 'better' players who dont appear to have given this commitment in recent times, most of which have thankfully been moved on. Every successful team needs squad players like Buxton who can be relied upon to come in occasionally and do a job when the chips are down, the older heads on here will remember Peter Daniel.

I agree with what you are saying, Buxton never let Derby down when he had the extended run in the first half of last season. He is prepared to put any part of his body in the way to get a block in. He has been unlucky with the injuries and hopefully he will be fit for next season.

How many of us oldies were nervous when Roy Mac had his Achilles injury and was out for most of the season. Peter Daniel who until that time had been a steady Eddie player in the reserves had a great season, very similar in some respects to Buxton, knew his limitations and played within them. I think he may have won the POTY award for that season (memory is fading somewhat though).

I've got no real issue with this extension to be fair.

May be accused of 'living in a cave' or 'not having a clue' . But is Anderson's contract expiring/been renewed. The reason I ask is, If Buxton has a year extension to stay fit and be solid enough when called upon, Then surely Anderson must go?!?!.

Although, Anderson coming back to full fitness for the season and wanting to help out the first team indicates (to me) that he will still be here next season. That would leave us with these CB's;

Barker

Addison (His only real position in my eyes!)

Ayala (Asking for another years loan)

Buxton

Anderson (?????)

O'Brien (Arguably too young/inexperienced)

NO Team needs 6 CB's surely!!!. I guess you can exclude O'Brien and say that all's well because we have 5 CB's (one of which wouldn't be 'ours' and Addison can (alledgedly) cover as DM etc too.

But Nigel said he wanted to sign another CB (Hopefully he didn't literally just mean Ayala again on loan).

I guess what this long pile of waffle means is: It's perfectly fine if Anderson (33 next season!) is being dumped. But if NC is putting his faith in Anderson as 4th/5th choice CB.......Then why give Buxton a years extension??????

I've got no real issue with this extension to be fair.

May be accused of 'living in a cave' or 'not having a clue' . But is Anderson's contract expiring/been renewed. The reason I ask is, If Buxton has a year extension to stay fit and be solid enough when called upon, Then surely Anderson must go?!?!.

Although, Anderson coming back to full fitness for the season and wanting to help out the first team indicates (to me) that he will still be here next season. That would leave us with these CB's;

Barker

Addison (His only real position in my eyes!)

Ayala (Asking for another years loan)

Buxton

Anderson (?????)

O'Brien (Arguably too young/inexperienced)

NO Team needs 6 CB's surely!!!. I guess you can exclude O'Brien and say that all's well because we have 5 CB's (one of which wouldn't be 'ours' and Addison can (alledgedly) cover as DM etc too.

But Nigel said he wanted to sign another CB (Hopefully he didn't literally just mean Ayala again on loan).

I guess what this long pile of waffle means is: It's perfectly fine if Anderson (33 next season!) is being dumped. But if NC is putting his faith in Anderson as 4th/5th choice CB.......Then why give Buxton a years extension??????

Anderson has 1 year left on his contract, Ayala was the player Clough wanted as the CB, but if he can't be signed before the start of the season then Clough will look elsewhere!!

Anderson has 1 year left on his contract, Ayala was the player Clough wanted as the CB, but if he can't be signed before the start of the season then Clough will look elsewhere!!

Cheers rynny! :D

Well that seems to make a lot more sense with the whole Ayala case.

Just a lil bit worried that we may have to look to recruit more CB's if Buxton fails to prove his worth and Anderson becomes too injury prone and, quite frankly, old by the end of next season. As well as the knowledge that Ayala (if obtained) will be going back to Liverpool. But I guess that is where players like O'Brien fits in.

Cheers rynny! :D

Well that seems to make a lot more sense with the whole Ayala case.

Just a lil bit worried that we may have to look to recruit more CB's if Buxton fails to prove his worth and Anderson becomes too injury prone and, quite frankly, old by the end of next season. As well as the knowledge that Ayala (if obtained) will be going back to Liverpool. But I guess that is where players like O'Brien fits in.

No problem. I guess there is plenty of time between now and the end of next season and a lot can change between now and then!!

Archived