Rate the last song you heard

Plan B

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Onerepublic

you have said you have no idea who the people on that list are, and name a band that I couldn't name a song that they sing, yet all the others I know and enjoy listening to them. Oh before you start with I must be old, I am only 25 so most of them were singing songs before I was born!!!

you have said you have no idea who the people on that list are, and name a band that I couldn't name a song that they sing, yet all the others I know and enjoy listening to them. Oh before you start with I must be old, I am only 25 so most of them were singing songs before I was born!!!

Yet you have a picture of a guy from a tv series that finished ages ago and you listen to songs that were out when you were born?:rolleyes:

Guessing you don't care whether your 'with it'?

Yet the lead singer of Onerepublic has wrote songs that you listen to everyday and are in the charts no matter who they are sung by :confused:

Plan B, I admire your enthusiasm for new music - but where do you think the inspiration for most of the new artists comes from?

That's right - classic, top quality, bands of the past. One example, I know that Kurt Cobain was heavily influenced by The Pixies and wanted to recreate a Pixies sound in the music he made.

Nobody is suggesting you should like the music from these bands of yesteryear, but a little respect for their impact and the effect they've had surely is appropriate?

Never been a Beatles fan, but I can respect what they did for music.

Plan B, I admire your enthusiasm for new music - but where do you think the inspiration for most of the new artists comes from?

That's right - classic, top quality, bands of the past. One example, I know that Kurt Cobain was heavily influenced by The Pixies and wanted to recreate a Pixies sound in the music he made.

Nobody is suggesting you should like the music from these bands of yesteryear, but a little respect for their impact and the effect they've had surely is appropriate?

Never been a Beatles fan, but I can respect what they did for music.

Woooooooooooooooooooohhh

I love the Beatles but you will never catch me listening to them. I'm a fan of the Beatles but probs one of the less enthusiesed about them. I'm not hating people and saying they are a stereo type but saying I don't know what music is just because I have never heard of the 'has beens' is a bit harsh. I'm guessing you think I listen to Eminem and 50cent and reckon I'm gangsta but I actually listen to band like Onerepublic and Plan B (even though Plan B is doing anymore music like that :-( I even like Olly Murrs music :D

Ryan Tedder (of One Republic), is credited to have written the two most played songs in radio history with 'Apologize' and 'Bleeding Love'.

Just thought I'd stir things up a bit... ;)

You little stirrer you :rolleyes: to be honest though I hated 'Bleeding Love'

It doesn't really matter what music you listen to - but it seems a bit rude to dismiss generations of music because you've not heard of them therefore they must be "has beens".

Plenty of good music in the previous generations, and most of it inspired the generation playing all the new stuff.

It doesn't really matter what music you listen to - but it seems a bit rude to dismiss generations of music because you've not heard of them therefore they must be "has beens".

Plenty of good music in the previous generations, and most of it inspired the generation playing all the new stuff.

So your saying that they should take cedit for everything when they barely did anything. Unless they were there with the artist then they did not do so much.

Can we end it now cause I don't mind falling out with KM but falling out with Edinburgh is too far?

Guessing you don't care whether your 'with it'?

Or maybe I care more about what I like than what my friends think I should!!

On my profile picture, if you have a check on the gamer tags thread you will see my gamer tag is pt baldrick, and I thought I might as well have a pic of him for a laugh.

Do I really listen to songs wrote by him? Didn't realise the red hot chilli peppers, artic monkeys, snow patrol, nirvana amongst others had songs written by him.

Also just because I hadn't heard of them doesn't mean I have discredited him, just not heard of any of their songs.

Or maybe I care more about what I like than what my friends think I should!!

On my profile picture, if you have a check on the gamer tags thread you will see my gamer tag is pt baldrick, and I thought I might as well have a pic of him for a laugh.

Do I really listen to songs wrote by him? Didn't realise the red hot chilli peppers, artic monkeys, snow patrol, nirvana amongst others had songs written by him.

Also just because I hadn't heard of them doesn't mean I have discredited him, just not heard of any of their songs.

Fine I cba to make sense to myself about it anymore. You got a decent taste in music by the sounds anyway. Better then Boycie and his classical sh*te :p;):D

Archived