Rate the last song you heard

Plan B

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Groups like The Verve and Oasis are rarely known outside of England (A population of 50mill odd..) Well, Oasis are but only through a few select songs.. But the bands I've just mentioned are known in the Latin World by over 300mill people, probably more, but wouldn't get any recognition because it's not in English and The US can't give them all the 'best music awards' as they don't have a clue what they're playing!

This part is absolute nonsense.

The Verve's last two albums (Urban Hymns and Forth) have been successfully released in:

UK, US, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway and Switzerland (booo...)

Unlucky.

This part is absolute nonsense.

The Verve's last two albums (Urban Hymns and Forth) have been successfully released in:

UK, US, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway and Switzerland (booo...)

Unlucky.

Can you please put figures up of how many records/albums they've sold worldwide..

Also, can you define successfull. Would say 20% of the popultation of The States know who The Verve are? I've lived in Canada and Australia and hardly anyone (other than Brits) knew of The Verve.. However, that was a couple of years ago.

And (I'm not suggesting you are) but don't be naive to think that a few countries in Europe plus a few more English speaking countries counts as worldwide..

The Latin world plus Asia take up (population wide) about 2/3s of the world.. Mana for example are more well-known throughout the world (population) than the majority of the bands mentioned throughout this thread.

Can you please put figures up of how many records/albums they've sold worldwide..

Also, can you define successfull. Would say 20% of the popultation of The States know who The Verve are? I've lived in Canada and Australia and hardly anyone (other than Brits) knew of The Verve.. However, that was a couple of years ago.

And (I'm not suggesting you are) but don't be naive to think that a few countries in Europe plus a few more English speaking countries counts as worldwide..

The Latin world plus Asia take up (population wide) about 2/3s of the world.. Mana for example are more well-known throughout the world (population) than the majority of the bands mentioned throughout this thread.

I'm not disputing any of that Mana bolllocks, I'm just saying that The Verve clearly aren't 'rarely known' if they've sold albums in so many countries. (Numbers are irrelevant)

I'm not disputing any of that Mana bolllocks, I'm just saying that The Verve clearly aren't 'rarely known' if they've sold albums in so many countries. (Numbers are irrelevant)

But they are rarely known... I did a little research and can't find anywhere where they have done round the world tours, just around The UK and a few in The US..

Bittersweet Sympathy was released in many countries, however as for the albums, I can't find anywhere that says they've sold millions worldwide..

And to say numbers are irrelevant, how'd you figure? Selling only 5 albums in say 150 countries doesn't mean they're known worldwide..

The Verve are very much like Derby County, known in England and spoken of only a little in other English speaking countries and a few around Europe.. But to the majority of the world, ie. 90% or more, they wouldn't have a clue.

But they are rarely known... I did a little research and can't find anywhere where they have done round the world tours, just around The UK and a few in The US..

Bittersweet Sympathy was released in many countries, however as for the albums, I can't find anywhere that says they've sold millions worldwide..

And to say numbers are irrelevant, how'd you figure? Selling only 5 albums in say 150 countries doesn't mean they're known worldwide..

The Verve are very much like Derby County, known in England and spoken of only a little in other English speaking countries and a few around Europe.. But to the majority of the world, ie. 90% or more, they wouldn't have a clue.

Agree to disagree?

Night.

Meh, poxy third world countries don't count.

The last song I listened to was 'The Beat Goes On' by Beady Eye (Oasis without Noel). It's a cracking tune from a fantastic album (much better than expected - no filler at all IMO). I've got tickets to see them at Rock City a week on Monday and can't wait.

The last song I listened to was 'The Beat Goes On' by Beady Eye (Oasis without Noel). It's a cracking tune from a fantastic album (much better than expected - no filler at all IMO). I've got tickets to see them at Rock City a week on Monday and can't wait.

Your avatar is Pretty Green - the clothing brand, right?

That's Noels aint it?

I've always said Worksop, it's easy to write stuff in Catholic or whatever language they have in those dumps, but it's another thing to sell albums for more than 33 peso's in proper countries.

Jaja Catholic isn't a language..

And these places aren't dumps.. Theres tonnes more beautiful places in these parts of the world than anything England can ever offer.. England is one of the most dullest countries I've ever seen, and Coventry, god help you man.

And to your point about selling albums for 33 pesos.. I hope you're not naive like Jeremy Clarkson to think Mexicans are all fat and lazy and walk around in sombreros, slacking off work. When history shows they've contributed a hell of a lot more than people realise..

But I know you're joking, as only an imbecil would think like that..

Archived