Wales v England

swansea ram

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fabio Capello has named his squad to face Wales and Ghana.

Fabio Capello has named a squad of 26 players to face Wales and Ghana, with a first call-up for Wolverhampton Wanderers midfielder Matthew Jarvis.

Kyle Walker retains his place in the defensive ranks following his first senior call last month for the game against Denmark. Phil Jagielka returns to the squad along with Aaron Lennon and Andy Carroll, all three players missed the game in Copenhagen.

For Carroll it is his first return to the England squad following his move to Liverpool, the 22-year-old forward made his debut against France last November and recently returned from injury to make his first appearances for the Anfield club.

Squad in full (alphabetical by position)

Ben Foster, Robert Green, Joe Hart;

Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Phil Jagielka, Glen Johnson, Joleon Lescott, John Terry, Kyle Walker;

Gareth Barry, Stewart Downing, Matthew Jarvis, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Jack Wilshere, Ashley Young;

Darren Bent, Andy Carroll, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Wayne Rooney.

Is anyone from here coming down for the game next saturday, if so, will i see any Derby flags there.

The Swiss representative will be there, look out for the Muespach Rams flag or the Ripley Rams On Tour depending on which one travels with me.

Easy win for the boys, and get to take the pee out of the sheep shaggers..

Stewart Downing?

Again?

Didn't England do all that about 10 years ago?

Suprised Carrick not involved then.

England will be up against a good manager in Speed. Wales had to pay Sheff Utd compensation to get their hands on him. :D:rolleyes:

Don't care about international football really. But this one might be worth a look.

i'll be honest and say i really don't see this as a good game for england. if they win it will only be by a goal but i see a draw. can glen johnson really hope to contain bale? no! hes pants. Bellamy will be smashing around all over the place, bet he wins a penalty or scores early on. england have no team. as always they have some decent players. nowt special. i live in scotland an i will not be venturing to watch this in a pub. i feel an embarrassing afternoon coming on!

i'll be honest and say i really don't see this as a good game for england. if they win it will only be by a goal but i see a draw. can glen johnson really hope to contain bale? no! hes pants. Bellamy will be smashing around all over the place, bet he wins a penalty or scores early on. england have no team. as always they have some decent players. nowt special. i live in scotland an i will not be venturing to watch this in a pub. i feel an embarrassing afternoon coming on!

and other than Bale and Bellamy who's knee goes every other week who else do they have? Ramsey? Sam Vokes? David Vaughan? Not going to be quite the game and drubbing you predict but nevermind :p

Thanks feckin Sky Sports. :frown:

Pubs will be full.

I'll stream and buy a 4 pack of Carling.

Saves pounds.

I'm actually quite nervous about it because I think Wales will be pretty up for it considering their fairly recent managerial change and Craig Bellamy's spouts about us in the media.

Reckon England will see Wales off. I'm sure England players a proffesional enough to keep it tight early on and take some of the emotion out the game. Being technically better than Wales they should be able to open the Welsh up once the game has settled.

It was a bit funny that Wales paid compensation to Sheff Utd and saved Speed from the sack and Sheff Utd actually got money for the useless manager.

i reckon 3-0 England. First goal coming at the end of first half.

Archived