Fans? Really?

Roofio

I was at the game last night, just like I'm at the vast majority and yes the result and performance (second half especially) were poor, but it wasn't the team who pi$$ed me off last night, it was attitude of the fans!

They just cannot wait to get on Derby's back! They love it. I was sat around some of the biggest tossers I've ever seen at a game. Just sat shouting obceneties at the players and comments that were completely uncalled for. You could see Doncaster licking there lips and it was obvious they were going to get more goals with the fans moaning every 5 seconds.

I don't mind a bit of a moan after the game over a pint, but for f***'s sake, get BEHIND your team during the game, try a spur them on! You could see they were playing with a lack of confidence without the 'fans' acting like *****!

We played well first half and should have gone ahead. They scored out of the blue and that was that as far as the fans were concerned.

I heard a complete dick shout 'We're losing to Doncaster at home! What have we become'. I presume this is one of those fans who think we should be playing in the Champions League and winning the Premiership every year. Doncaster are a good team with more confidence, we don't have a god given right to be better just because we are a bigger club!

If fans go just to moan then just stay away!

Best fans in the country?! Hahaha.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was at the game last night, just like I'm at the vast majority and yes the result and performance (second half especially) were poor, but it wasn't the team who pi$$ed me off last night, it was attitude of the fans!

They just cannot wait to get on Derby's back! They love it. I was sat around some of the biggest tossers I've ever seen at a game. Just sat shouting obceneties at the players and comments that were completely uncalled for. You could see Doncaster licking there lips and it was obvious they were going to get more goals with the fans moaning every 5 seconds.

I don't mind a bit of a moan after the game over a pint, but for f***'s sake, get BEHIND your team during the game, try a spur them on! You could see they were playing with a lack of confidence without the 'fans' acting like *****!

We played well first half and should have gone ahead. They scored out of the blue and that was that as far as the fans were concerned.

I heard a complete dick shout 'We're losing to Doncaster at home! What have we become'. I presume this is one of those fans who think we should be playing in the Champions League and winning the Premiership every year. Doncaster are a good team with more confidence, we don't have a god given right to be better just because we are a bigger club!

I strongly agree, the majority of the fans/supporters seem to be absolute *******, its one of the main reasons I don't go that often anymore some of the foul sploodge that drops out of their mouth is so poor, comical at time!

If I could change things about the club, the fans would be right up there, well the majority of them anyway... Just terrible!

Given that this is basically a repitition of our Premier League season which we only had to endure 3 years ago, I think we've done remarkably well on the booing front and our support has been commendable.

No other club in the country would have given this side as long as we have.

There comes a certain point where enough is enough.

Given that this is basically a repitition of our Premier League season which we only had to endure 3 years ago, I think we've done remarkably well on the booing front and our support has been commendable.

No other club in the country would have given this side as long as we have.

There comes a certain point where enough is enough.

Not at all. It's the horrid negativity I can't stand. Yes the Premier League season was comical but the fans seems to turn up negative before the game and just get worse and worse. I was embarrassed to be there last night.

I strongly agree, the majority of the fans/supporters seem to be absolute *******, its one of the main reasons I don't go that often anymore some of the foul sploodge that drops out of their mouth is so poor, comical at time!

If I could change things about the club, the fans would be right up there, well the majority of them anyway... Just terrible!

Abso-bloody-loutely!

Not at all. It's the horrid negativity I can't stand. Yes the Premier League season was comical but the fans seems to turn up negative before the game and just get worse and worse. I was embarrassed to be there last night.

I wasn't at all.

Derby fans are naturally pessmistic. Can you blame us?

I'm sorry, but any other club would have lynched this lot by now. Remember when we played Burnley away this season? They were booed off the pitch then at half time!

We've been exceptionally tolerant. We've got no left-back (for footballing reasons!!), we play players out of position, we've sold our best player, we're tactically inept, some players clearly aren't trying and others simply are not good enough. To only start booing our manager after that and just 2 wins in 16 is staggeringly good.

We have the Barmy Army who sing through games no matter what, and the suppport from the S/E corner has been brilliant against Forest, Ipswich, Leicester and Hull in particular.

It's the final straw now, and I know we should support the team, but how else can we vent our fustration at a p1ss-poo substitution such as Robinson's last night? My girlfriend wouldn't have made that substitution.

I might not go to the Barnsley game, because I generally agree with you, it doesn't help to boo the team. So in that case, it might just be better for me to stay away because I can't bare to watch it any longer.

I might not go to the Barnsley game, because I generally agree with you, it doesn't help to boo the team. So in that case, it might just be better for me to stay away because I can't bare to watch it any longer.

Good call.

Couldn't agree more with this statement. 12th man you must be having a laugh. The players have no confidence, and are 1 down but playing well. Nothing like a bit of booing and moaning to motivate them. If all you do is moan then don't bother turning up. I want to support my team.

We don't boo - well, only at the ref sometimes but never the team, that's only ever going to be counter productive - but for some, the camel's back is ready for breaking isn't it?

I must say I was amazed to hear that Clough thought the fans should have booed LOUDER last night.

That statement says a lot and none of it is good. Can anyone recall a manager having said such a thing before?? :frown:

We don't boo - well, only at the ref sometimes but never the team

You must be going to different games to me as the last few the 'fans' have booed the team.

They booed Ben Davies who has played 8 games for us, they booed Porter and Pearson's names when they were read out. They boo the team loads rather than getting behind them and motivating them.

I meant "we" as in my family group - not the fans as a whole. I think you misunderstood me there.

And, I've said it on here before - there is a guy behind us who boo's Sav when his name is read out and I hate it. It's not on to boo the team.

Out of interest, where do you sit?

I really hate the booing when team names are read out. Although I don't do it, I can understand the frustration and heightened emotions that lead to boos at the end of the game.

How can you boo someone who has been chosen by their manager to play? Are they supposed to say 'sorry, boss, me and the fans don't think I'm good enough, so I'd rather not play'!

I hate it when we boo our own players, its disgaceful, i don't care how bad we are we all want the same thing and that is those 11 white shirts to be better than the opposition and calling them **** and telling them they dont deserve to wear the shirt doesn't help them perform better.

Cloughs comment about booing louder was meant towards the final whistle which I DO agree with. After the game its over and we should show them what we feel of the performance so they know they can't get away with being crp. I only say its ok after the game because this will not affect their performance.

You have to think if they are racing to a loose ball and their own fans our shouting that they are crp and will never make it then that wont give them that extra yard will it? it will simply make them give up in their heads and then the battle is lost, they should walk out onto the pitch with 24,000 fans behind them and willing to drag them through the 90 minutes, we need to tell them we believe in them and we know they can do it, cause if Porter or Buxton or Pringle or Pearson or Bywater or whoever walks out and gets their name booed when the teams are called out we may as well take them off there and then cause their morale will be shot down by 24,000 rams that want the same thing as them.

shame derby fans will never change, i know its hard for us but its hard for them as well and we need to show that we can fight through this as well no matter how difficult it is.

I know it is cheesy but it is true, TOGETHER we are Derby.

United we stand, divided we are falling.

I have booed a Derby player on one occassion, Paul Connoly Vs Blackpool on boxing day, I don't feel too bad about it to be honest.

but to be honest other than my emotions on that one occassion getting the best of me (which it does with everyone sometimes) i dont think it should be done.

Yeah guys, let's all cheer on a team which has won 2 games in 16, is hovering above the relegation zone and which completely falls apart and stops trying after conceding 1 goal at home.

Let's cheer for poor football, poor management and terrible results. A good cheer is well deserved.

Seriously mate, don't worry about upsetting the players by booing them. I'm sure the thousands of pounds a week which is deposited into their bank accounts will keep a smile on their face. Even if they are called terrible footballers by their own fans for playing terrible football.

Although I agree we should help it isn't our responsibility to motivate the players, it's Nigel's and if he can't do it then he isn't good enough.

"Is that all you take away?"

"Loyal Supporters"

Booing a 0-0 draw with Millwall?

12th 'best supported' side in the country?

hypocritical songs from a ground with huge numbers of terrible supporters. Rubbish support. Has been for years. Occasionally you come across someone who reminds you why your so proud of our fans at times. But lets be honest, how many ****** are there?

I dealt with Derby not being very good a long time ago so i don't really feel the need to call Paul Green a useless ****.

Makes me laugh. We'll sit and watch a game on the telly and be impressed with how much control a team has on a game. How well other teams retain possesion. Yet ONE backwards pass from Derby and the groans start. WTF?

The team is playing bad enough. But the so called "soul of the club" aren't exactly easy to play infront of.

..... and people think Nigel can't attract players? Who the friggin heck would wanna play infront of us?

Is that all you take away? lol

Yeah guys, let's all cheer on a team which has won 2 games in 16, is hovering above the relegation zone and which completely falls apart and stops trying after conceding 1 goal at home.

Let's cheer for poor football, poor management and terrible results. A good cheer is well deserved.

Seriously mate, don't worry about upsetting the players by booing them. I'm sure the thousands of pounds a week which is deposited into their bank accounts will keep a smile on their face. Even if they are called terrible footballers by their own fans for playing terrible football.

Although I agree we should help it isn't our responsibility to motivate the players, it's Nigel's and if he can't do it then he isn't good enough.

You are right, you boo them, they play worse then you boo more so they play worse so you boo more and so on, but hey it's ok because they will still get their money and won't be bothered about it.

Booing will motivate some players, but will demotivate others, and it will be more demotivated than motivated players.

Archived