Relegation battle more exciting than Title battle

Toadbelly

Today's Results

Blackburn 1-1 Man Utd

Blackpool 4-3 Bolton

Sunderland 1-3 Wolves

A repeat of the 1953 FA Cup Final score @ Bloomfield Road, Blackpool still in relegation zone. A point for Blackburn and Man Yoo are confirmed as Champions for a record 19th time, big win for Wolves @ Stadium of Light

League table

15 Blackburn 37 -14 40

16 Wolves 37 -19 40

17 Birmingham 36 -18 39

-------------------------------

18 Blackpool 37 -21 39

19 Wigan 36 -23 36

20 West Ham 36 -23 33

Wigan need to win tommorow v West Ham who are all but down.

A win for Birmingham at home v Fulham will all but confirm safety.

Aston Villa safe, as Wolves play Blackburn next week.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's Results

Birmingham 0-2 Fulham

Wigan Athletic 3-2 West Ham United

A last minuite winner by Wigan gives them a chance and relegates West Ham and they will finish last. West Ham were 2-0 up, what a game! Listend to it on Radio Five live and there was no midfield for the last 20 minuites! Birmingham lose to Fulham to keep the pressure on them.

League table

15 Blackburn 37 -14 40

16 Wolves 37 -19 40

17 Birmingham 37 -20 39

------------------------------------------------

18 Blackpool 37 -21 39

19 Wigan 37 -22 39

R. West Ham 37 -24 33

Next weeks fixtures:

Sunday, 22 May 2011

Man Utd v Blackpool, 16:00

Stoke v Wigan, 16:00

Tottenham v Birmingham, 16:00

Wolverhampton v Blackburn, 16:00

What a final day it will be!

Goal difference is absoloutely vital.. And theres only 2 goals seperating 3 teams..

Effectively the could all lose next week and swap places..

I can see Spurs and Man Utd winning by 2 or 3 goals each and Wigan losing by a single goal at Stoke and staying up.

As goal difference is whats seperating the teams, all having an away game, whose in the best position? Tony Pulis will play his strongest side to help his mate Ian Holloway.. Spurs will want 5th place. And Man utds reserves are still good enough to beat Blackpool by a fair few goals.

I'd like Wigan to stay up. Think they've got a quality team and would destroy the NPC should they go down. BHam in the NPC and Europe would just be funny.

combining key players from those teams you could actually make a top 8 team..

4-2-3-1

Foster

Bridge

Johnson

Ridgewell

Figeroa

Adam

Parker

N'Zogbia

Bentley

Demba Ba

Rodallega

Not too keen on the defences.. Probably why they're in that position.. But they've all got attacking options. On the bench would be DJ Cambell, Rob Green, Tom Cleverly, Seb Larsson, Tomkins, Parnaby and Carlton Cole

combining key players from those teams you could actually make a top 8 team..

4-2-3-1

Foster

Bridge

Johnson

Ridgewell

Figeroa

Adam

Parker

N'Zogbia

Bentley

Demba Ba

Rodallega

Not too keen on the defences.. Probably why they're in that position.. But they've all got attacking options. On the bench would be DJ Cambell, Rob Green, Tom Cleverly, Seb Larsson, Tomkins, Parnaby and Carlton Cole

Wayne Bridge is possibly the worst left back in the league mate.

Wayne Bridge is possibly the worst left back in the league mate.

Perhaps you're right, he's looked terrible the few times I've seen him.

I was struggling for fullbacks. Of all the teams down there only BHam seem to have a decentish defence.. But their fullbacks Parnaby and Carr whilst solid aren't exactly great.

Blackpool, West Ham and Wigan are only down there because of their defence.. Going forward they all offer equally as much as the likes of Newcastle, Fulham, S'Land and Bolton etc. Especially Wigan IMO, in Rodallega, Moses, N'Zogbia and Cleverley they all have the potential to be playing for a top 10 club.

So funny to see West Ham go down. They are up there with Forest and Leeds for me, a horrible little team, who think they are bigger than they are with one of the most horrible bunch of fans in the league. Ha ha ha

And just to make the day complete the Teddy Bears win the league. Unlucky Fatty and that horrible ginger man!

Perhaps you're right, he's looked terrible the few times I've seen him.

I was struggling for fullbacks. Of all the teams down there only BHam seem to have a decentish defence.. But their fullbacks Parnaby and Carr whilst solid aren't exactly great.

Figeroa is a LB.

I think Carr is better than Bridge.

I hope Birmingham go down, boring team and their finances are in a mess.

Also, like Bris said it would funny to see them in tier 2 and playing in Europe.

It's not unrealistic that Blackpool and Birmingham will go down, and both sides be playing in Europe next season. How crazy would that be? I can't imagine it has ever happened before. (Blackpool have a chance via fair-play but Fulham are more likely).

Archived