Relegation battle more exciting than Title battle

Toadbelly

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been looking at some articles about Brum's financial problems. Seems like they have debts of 29 million. The FA are concerned their investors don't have the funds to run the club and that their Uefa league place is under threat because of concerns about their finances. This was announced soon after they won the Carling Cup. Seems like their owner has been looking for more investment to meet the shortful they have. This is all before the drama of yesterday and their relegation. They will take massive losses from the relegation.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/mar/06/birmingham-city-finance

Read that Blackpool might well be stable money wise as they kept a relatively tight ship and so even if their squad breaks up,

they should be able to put together another decent side.

Of the sides staying up. Apparently Wolves are 30million in the black and so running on a hefty profit. They are likely to stregthen their position in the next year simply because of finances.

Wolves' players must be on lowish wages because it's not like they haven't spent any money.. Kevin Doyle, Stephen Fletcher + Stephen Hunt cost them over $16mill. I thought they we're extremely lucky to stay up.. And if Blackpool hadn't of drawn so many games towards the end of the season they'd be relegated along with Brum.. How crucial was their draw away to Brum only a few weeks ago?

I also don't see Wolves as a big pull, no more so than the likes of Stoke , WBA, S'Land etc.. I think, despite having money available, they're a ticking bomb and will certainly go down again in the next couple of seasons..

So who of Brum, West Ham or Blackpool are going to do the best next season? I honestly think Blackpool will, their away form will get them promoted again next season.

Its hard to say from now.

West Ham seem to be the best of the three sides on paper and if there is one thing that the Gold and Sulivan are good at, its getting clubs out of the championship. They will have to lose the cream of their crop, but some of these sales ought to help prevent the Hammers going down the shoot. Depends alot on who they appoint as their next boss.

Brum always seem to do the business in the championship. If they are not as financially messed up as some of the media reports claim and keep Mcleash and the majority of their squad. They ought to be too strong for the championship.

Blackpool seem to have saved most of the jackpot from getting promoted and if they keep Hollaway, and allow him to rebuild a new side, they could well be around the play off places. Looks like they will lose many of their side this summer, so it will be dependent on if they can keep hold of Holloway and if they are prepared to let him spend the cash.

How many seasons have three teams that went down not returned? Because I think it may happen.

I think that was Blackpool's day in the sun, and they will be back to reality with a big bump. Alot of those players have been running off pure adrenalin all season, and the architects behind the good football (Campbell, Vaughan, Adam, Gilks), could all probably join Premier League teams. They have some great young players like Matt Phillips but it will probably take a couple of years to see the best of him.

West Ham are up **** creek and I can't see a way out for them. Having spoke to Hammers fans down here they seem to think Mark Noble would stay with them if they were non league, so that may be a saving grace but the fire sale will start this week I guess.

Birmingham similar to West Ham - they're in a mess. They will probably lose Dann, Johnson, Ferguson, Bowyer, Foster, Zigic.

I think west ham and birmingham will return straight away, blackpool i think will do ok finish 10th, the owners at west ham it is their responsibility for the finances. I think with the squad they have and the right manager they could keep most of the players and go straight back up, same with Birmingham, if they keep the majority of those squads then they should go up.

Wolves' players must be on lowish wages because it's not like they haven't spent any money.. Kevin Doyle, Stephen Fletcher + Stephen Hunt cost them over $16mill. I thought they we're extremely lucky to stay up.. And if Blackpool hadn't of drawn so many games towards the end of the season they'd be relegated along with Brum.. How crucial was their draw away to Brum only a few weeks ago?

I also don't see Wolves as a big pull, no more so than the likes of Stoke , WBA, S'Land etc.. I think, despite having money available, they're a ticking bomb and will certainly go down again in the next couple of seasons..

So who of Brum, West Ham or Blackpool are going to do the best next season? I honestly think Blackpool will, their away form will get them promoted again next season.

Wolves' wages are £26m I believe, relatively low for a Prem team. Next lowest club is in the mid 30s.

Blackpool were £13m though!

What about having a prolapsed hemorrhoid rubbed with an ice cube to make it pop back up??:)

If it was live on TV maybe............:eek:

...with commentary by Stuart Hall.

Wolves' wages are £26m I believe, relatively low for a Prem team. Next lowest club is in the mid 30s.

Blackpool were £13m though!

They were still paying too much for the quality of player they had though, Blackpool's player are absolutely gash. Just shows you how far you can get with team spirit.

They were still paying too much for the quality of player they had though, Blackpool's player are absolutely gash. Just shows you how far you can get with team spirit.

not sure......eardley is decent, evatts done ok, adam is superb, taylor-fletcher runs his nuts off, var.....ah......yes ok

Vaughan, Gilks, Adam, DJ Cambell, Eardley are all PL quality.. Ableit lower end PL quality.

I think the rest are of NPC quality..

Also Holloway is a numpty, he keeps banging on about 'Small Blackpool' 'No-one gave us a chance' etc.. Doesn't he realise they still went down.. Doesn't matter if you finish on 11 points or 39, if you're relegated then simply you're not good enough for The PL.

He banged on about a 'Vendetta' against Blackpool, plus how small they are, how they have no money etc.. IMO he's doing all this to try and make out that he's some kind of managerial genius.. Similar to what Billy D does. He'll jump ship anytime soon and his annoying voice/face will be plastered all over the papers once more.

I'd love to see Holloway take them down again, get the sack and never show his ugly mug on my TV again.. Or is that being too harsh?

I'd love to see Holloway take them down again, get the sack and never show his ugly mug on my TV again.. Or is that being too harsh?

that is quite harsh.....he'll be back like a badger biting a dog on the aarse

Archived