Relegation battle more exciting than Title battle

Toadbelly

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delighted for Wigan.. With their young players, plus a few more in the summer, I can see them being top 10 next year. They're very now (with momentum) on an upward curve.. First half the season they were horrific, but since Xmas they've played like a midtable team.

In Rodallega, Cleverly, N'Zogbia, Watson, Moses, McArthur, Figueroa, Al Habsi they have the bases of a quality young squad. They mentioned Connor Sammon played well again too.

As for Wolves, there a ticking bomb.. I can't see them all of a sudden pushing on like Fulham did a few years ago.

Next season I could honestly see all 3 promoted clubs going down.

Glad Brum went down though, horrible club who play such negative football.. Other than Danns, Ridgewell, Bentley and Roger Johnson they've got crap players too.

Because the manager installed no unity, backroom arguments overclouded everything, and generally we had a team who wouldn't get stuck in. Many seeking to get out immediately when they realised how potentially bad our season could go. They were right too.

Bit gutted Blackpool went down as really entertaining. Brum, boring negative good riddance. Glad Wolves stayed up as they have a go. Wigan I wasn't bothered about as they are perennial strugglers with no fans. But what a last day. Next season I think QPR have the resources and players to stay up. Norwich and whoever (Reading or Swansea) would be down for me.

Can see Blackburn also going down next season.

I think Birmingham will walk the league next season, they have no need to sell their better players like West Ham do and Blackpool for me, despite their performances I still cannot see past their teamsheet.. just looks dreadful IMO a player who couldn't get into a league one side staring on the wing in the premiership side, it's so backwards!!

I can't see past Birmingham for the league title, think they will keep most of their current squad and they have the likes of Jordon Mutch to break into the team who is already proven quality at this level.

Think Bolton might struggle if they are forced to sell Cahill and Elmander, also Sturridge will return to Chelsea.

Disagree there, just because Owen Coyle keeps proving he is a top manager. He will get replacements if he does lose them.

I think Birmingham will walk the league next season, they have no need to sell their better players like West Ham do and Blackpool for me, despite their performances I still cannot see past their teamsheet.. just looks dreadful IMO a player who couldn't get into a league one side staring on the wing in the premiership side, it's so backwards!!

I can't see past Birmingham for the league title, think they will keep most of their current squad and they have the likes of Jordon Mutch to break into the team who is already proven quality at this level.

Thought they were £30m in debt? Besides, Foster, Danns, Johnson, Zigic, Beausejour etc etc wont want to stay.

Thought they were £30m in debt? Besides, Foster, Danns, Johnson, Zigic, Beausejour etc etc wont want to stay.

They were brought out by the chinese consortium and they're very wealthy indeed.. Danns and Johnson are no strangers to this division having played here most of their career (and lower down). I can see them being alright as they are, A few will go but nothing to what the likes of West Ham will have to deal with, Blackpool will be looking to improve but will more than likely lose Charlie Adam.

Brum are sh*te.. Defensively they're rock solid.. But Danns, Roger Johnson and Foster won't play in The NPC when they're PL class.. Foster and Danns will be at someone like Spurs or Fulham next year. Ridgewell might stay. Bentley will be gone.

Bowyer will be on big wages for this league. Problem with Brum is they have 0 strikers and a negative manager. K.Phillips can't keep bailing them out, and Cameron Jerome will probably want out too.

They'll do OK, nothing disastrous like us but I don't think they'll win the league.. People keep billing the NPC as getting harder each year, I don't see it.. I honestly couldn't pick a winner for next years promotion, there are no standouts (I would have picked Wigan or Wolves had they gone down). Someone like Bristol City could win The NPC next season with a few decent signings.

We're all equally crap..

Archived