Relegation battle more exciting than Title battle

Toadbelly

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SillyBilly

It will be Wigan next season I think, I'm more than happy to settle for Brum and Blackpool this year.

Delighted with the outcome. Wouldn't be surprised to see Blackpool go down again next year.

You do have to wonder what they'll be like without Charlie Adams. They have great spirit, and a very positive aggressive style, so I wouldn't go as far as relegation, I wonder how many other players will leave them.

Amazing that United finished 9 points clear.

Chelsea and Arsenal have really fallen away.

The relegated teams will lead to some interesting activity.

McLeish to leave Brum?

Scott Dann and Roger Johnson will attract attention.

Arsenal have a ready-made solution to their defensive frailties there.

Wenger won't go there but george graham would have.

Charlie Adam to move on. Wouldn't be surprised if he joined Man Utd never mind Liverpool..

Scott Parker to move too.

Hmm, suppose they might be more inclined to sign Varney permanently now.

"Thanks Mr Holloway, that'll be £1m please, considering that you didn't have a prior agreement to sign him for £250k afterall......."

they won't pay his big wages now .....and he lost his place in the team

Delighted with the outcome. Wouldn't be surprised to see Blackpool go down again next year.

I agree. They could come down and be a Barnsley, a team doing nothing. But it wouldn't be a complete shock if they continued to drop. I don't think anyone sees them as bouncing back so i doubt they will have any advantage when it comes to signing players. There are half dozen far more attractive teams down here already before you even add West Ham and Brum. Their best assets will be taken. And i honestly feel The Championship is far stronger now then when they won promotion.

How much have Blackpool improved since they were favourites to be relegated from the Championship. Not a great deal imo. The loss of Adam will have a bigger impact on them than us losing Commons.

They might be wiser for their PL experience..... but they might come down a little over-confident. Come Christmas they might be looking around them at the likes of us, Forest, Leicester,Cardiff, Reading/Swansea, Leeds, West Ham, Birmingham, Southampton..... and suddenly come crashing back down to earth.

The gap between the mid to lower end of the Championship and the bottom 13 of the Premiership isn't as big as the pundits and papers would have us believe. And the gap between established teams like Cardiff and Swansea and Blackburn and Wigan is really down to very fine margins. A balance that can easily be tipped with one or two clever signings like Rodallega for example.

Looking at the gap between the two leagues, looking how a rather ordinary team like Blackpool, and how WBA and Stoke and Sunderland have pushed on........ it makes me wonder,

how did we fail so badly??

I'm not suprised Blackpool made a fight of it. It wont be suprising if Reading or Swansea finish above 15th. I shouldn't be a shock at all if Norwich and QPR fight even harder than Blackpool.

But why didn't we have any fight in us?? The PL isn't THAT good. Man U, Chelsea, Man City etc are an entirely different league to the rest of the PL!

Archived