Alberto Bueno

james_ram

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't think Mr Duffy would have been dining in the cafe I went to? unless he was driving a juggernought?

He wasn't on his own though, mostl of an Irish boy band were there according to my wife. She was just upset Mr Keating appeared to be missing...he was perhaps on his way to Scunny to watch the Rams eh?

Sorry to interupt, but are people really getting on Bueno's back?!

It's such a Derby way, possibly one of the technically talented and exciting players we've had in years and as soon as he goes through an (inevitable) bad spell we all jump on his back!

I remember during our good run he took two players on and played a near perfect through ball to Kuqi that got blocked and the guy behind stood up and screamed 'keep it simple, play it long, you flair b******'.

Most Derby fans would prefer 10 Seth Johnson's, snapping people's legs. You know, meat and two veg.

i cannot believe .....

Clough's fault IMO and down to his inexperience of being able to deal with these quality type of players. Spending 10 years in non-league football, it didn't matter as much (cue the abuse!:rolleyes:) the type of players he was used to at Burton were not in the same class, so it hardly made much difference on the pitch. Back in October when Bueno Cwykwa and Kuqi were on fire, Clough probably never realised, or certainly didn't continue with them obviously! However the facts are Bueno is a good footballer and when we were on song was a key player. Now unfortunately we will never really see the best of him as he will now be looking forward to going back to Spain after a hard winter, and the proof that loan players are bnever going to be long term. It's a bit like renting a house at above average prices and using it and living in it for a year and then realising after you have given it back that it would have been far better to have bought or mortgaged the property, but by then it was too late :frown:

how any sensible poster can blame N.C and say it is down to 10 yrs

at a non league club .....

you seem to forget at what level he has played at !

being in the dressing room and home of the greatest manager that

ever lived ...and nothing rubbed off ..dont talk crap......:mad:

bueno i think is finding the winter temps over here hard to handle,and

the tackling too , when heading or TRYING to head the ball he never

keeps his eye on the thing full of air ,and looks at the nearest challenger

instead....he is frightened of getting clattered and you can now see

WHY he is spending a year here ...it's make or break methinks....

he has loads of talent and two great feet , he might be different again

if we resume winning and he has more freedom to run with the ball

and not have to TRY and win the ball back .....

STOP BLAMING CLOUGH FOR EVERYTHING .....

mind you i wonder if this foul weather is down to him ?:rolleyes::D

Bueno isn't suited to this team, he needs players on his wavelength.. And not playing ballplaying players like Bailey and Cywka (and the obvious loss of Commons) has really affected him..

Sure, I agree with you. That's why I wasn't knocking one out over signing him like a lot of people seemed to be doing at the time.

It's a daft idea using loan players to build a team around, but when you've got a board who is only prepared to signed quality players on loan, rather than financing permanent moves, what do you expect?

Sure, I agree with you. That's why I wasn't knocking one out over signing him like a lot of people seemed to be doing at the time.

It's a daft idea using loan players to build a team around, but when you've got a board who is only prepared to signed quality players on loan, rather than financing permanent moves, what do you expect?

Agreed.. It's also alot harder to pick up a loan that fits in with your general style of play.

The best loan I can remember us having was Leon Osman.. Frank Fielding was also a big improvement on what we've got.

I know players like Bueno are useful in a squad. Can't always accomodate them though. A Forest fan was on here talking about Majewski. Saying he's a luxury.

Isn't that what Bueno is? A luxury? Sometimes he doesn't fit. Sometimes he has the technique that you don't get from British players at this level.

But yeah, he's got to be one of those players who you just send out with complete freedom. If you send him out to work for the team, or you need someone to do that job..... Bueno ain't the man.

Somebody said earlier that Derby fans would rather have a team full of Seths than Buenos.

The truth is that we need a "Seth" alongside Bueno.

Stick a Seth or Van der Laan type midfielder in this team and it would improve drastically. Maybe Addison could do it with a run in that position, but other than that we have'nt got a player who could do it in the current squad.

Agreed, by the sounds of it, he wouldn't of suited the pitch today

You are nearest to the answer HR. Bueno likes harder pitches to ply his considerable skills, running at defences with the ball under control. You might find these type of pitches in the Premiership but not at Scunny on a cold rainy afternoon in February. Yes he is a luxury, (as was Commons) but when he is able to play his ability shines through. Alberto for half a season is better than no Alberto at all!

Bueno hits bad form and all of a sudden its Cloughs fault (the ram) don't talk soft.

He was playing ok until the Burnley game where he got hit hard and came off after 23 mins and then since then has been lightweight since avoiding the tackle. When first arrived unknown entity since then he has been targetted and does not like the attention. Its a shame really because if he could live with that then he would become an even better player.

To be honest, he is playing with us on loan. Either way, if he plays really well, he won't stay and if he plays badly, we won't keep him.

So we have to deal with how he plays for the last games of the season.

I hope Nigel has sent his brother all over Europe scouting teams trying to find hidden gems. They r cheaper.

Archived