Alberto Bueno

james_ram

To be honest, he is playing with us on loan. Either way, if he plays really well, he won't stay and if he plays badly, we won't keep him.

So we have to deal with how he plays for the last games of the season.

I hope Nigel has sent his brother all over Europe scouting teams trying to find hidden gems. They r cheaper.

Maybe you could scout near you SR, surely Arsenal and Chelski must have some good youngsters:)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i don't remember too many spanish forward's doing too much donkey work and tracking back :p this is why we have 2 holding midfielders.. They defend people like Bueno attack :D

I dont remember Bianio doing to much tracking back either but we allowed him to go and do what he wanted. Sometimes you have to let good players do that.

I dont remember Bianio doing to much tracking back either but we allowed him to go and do what he wanted. Sometimes you have to let good players do that.

Spot on, he needs to have freedom to get the ball on the pitch wherever he wants it, let him do what he wants with it and he will dictate the play as we have seen him do, only when the holding midfielders do their job and don't need Bueno defending with them

Nifty footwork

In my eyes Alberto can do no wrong, yes he lacks defensive skills, but as many have previously stated, it is not totally necessary for him to defend. His goals and goal assists to date have been amazing to see, his turning skills are a joy to watch. I hope NC plays him at home to 'feed' the ball to Ward and Robinson and we will hopefully return to playing the football we all witnessed a few months ago. COYR.

our best skillful player, looked the real dogs watsits when he came here, i personally like him and think he needs a steve howard / kuqi to get the best out of him, or players who can provide decent service so he can run onto. He's a top top player and i wish him well where ever he goes. But sadly long as this muppets in charge i doubt we'll see him again :frown:

Is this just my observation, surely you need someone who can thread an accurate through ball to a quick front man, Bueno anyone:confused:

Just a few other observations:

Other than Tommy Pole, no one seemed to to be take on and beat a man.

Far too many passes were played backwards and then possession lost cheaply.

We seem incapable of taking throw ins and retaining possession from them.

Not enough balls cut back from the byline, on the floor and in the danger area around the penalty spot.

Too many diagonal balls lobbed forward when we only had Ward up front, he's not a 6ft target man.

The defence will now going to be a problem again with Roberts getting injured (to be fair, I thought Roberts had a decent game last night)

Ayala looks to be a good loan signing.

Theo looked lively and caused Hull a few problems late on.

Their were far fewer protesters after the game, possibly 30 or so.

Clough explains all about Bueno

Boss has sympathy for Bueno as he waits for chance

Tuesday, March 01, 2011, 08:00

NIGEL Clough admits Alberto Bueno has been unfortunate to be left out of Derby County's team.

"It is down to circumstances and nothing Alberto has done," said Clough.

Bueno is on a season-long loan from Real Valladolid and the Spaniard made nine consecutive starts earlier this season, in which his creativity and goals helped Derby to five wins and two draws.

He picked up an ankle injury in the defeat at Millwall in October and aggravated the problem in the home victory over Watford on October 30.

The 22-year-old has started only nine of the 20 games since and none of the last five.

"It is very difficult to get him in the side and we feel very sorry for him. We are not playing anywhere near as fluently as we were, we are not even trying to play in the manner we were," said Clough.

"We have lost James Bailey to injury and Kris Commons, and I would say they were the two main people that gave Alberto the ball.

"If Alberto is going to play, we have to give him the ball and we don't feel confident enough to be able to do that at the moment on a regular basis throughout the game.

"If we had another six points in the bag and we were sitting halfway up the league, he would almost certainly be playing.

"I don't think we can play two up and Alberto in behind at the moment.

"If you do play him up, he doesn't play right up there and when we are knocking it into corners a bit more than we have been in the past, he is not suited to that.

"So it is more down to the circumstances than him as an individual.

"Another thing is the pitches. It is difficult for teams to pass the ball on some of the surfaces we are playing on, certainly away from home more than at home.

"But we will certainly see something of Alberto in the last 13 games."

If we've signed both Ward and Robinson with a view to a permanent move then I'd prefer us to play those 2 as much as possible in the remaining games to get a good look at the players.

No point in leaving one of the two on the bench in place of Bueno who will be back in Spain in a few months, how does that help us.

Clough certainly could find better uses for money received for Hulse.

It wasn't his signing though. What a waste.

what evidence is there that Bueno wasnt Clough's signing. He might have be been recommended by others but there is no evidence that he didnt want to sign him is there?

Archived