Alberto Bueno

james_ram

-

Anyone else agree that he has been poor in the last few weeks and that when we defend, it seems as if the rest of the team 'carry' him as he can't defend.:frown: Meaning one less man to help at the back in dire situations. Personally, I think he is far to weak for the English game and doesn't really offer much for us. Thoughts?:)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good player but.....

his confidence seems dented...doesnt look like he enjoys playing at the moment, but then who does

from a distance it looks like the management and some players are quite estranged ....NC is commencing a clear out.

Bueno won't be here next season...and is now a passenger

thats the trouble with loans

-

Anyone else agree that he has been poor in the last few weeks and that when we defend, it seems as if the rest of the team 'carry' him as he can't defend.:frown: Meaning one less man to help at the back in dire situations. Personally, I think he is far to weak for the English game and doesn't really offer much for us. Thoughts?:)

is this the same Alberto Bueno we are talking about who played

for us two months ago along side Shefki Kuqi and Kris Commons

Here's what I think.

Part of the problem is we play him too high. Against Ipswich, there were times when he was right up against their back four. He's never going to do anything there.

Drop him deeper, let him find space - better still, don't give him a position at all. There's half your problem solved. He'll do the rest, and get his confidence back.

That's what I'd do, might not work of course...

good player but.....

his confidence seems dented...doesnt look like he enjoys playing at the moment, but then who does

from a distance it looks like the management and some players are quite estranged ....NC is commencing a clear out.

Bueno won't be here next season...and is now a passenger

thats the trouble with loans

Clough's fault IMO and down to his inexperience of being able to deal with these quality type of players. Spending 10 years in non-league football, it didn't matter as much (cue the abuse!:rolleyes:) the type of players he was used to at Burton were not in the same class, so it hardly made much difference on the pitch. Back in October when Bueno Cwykwa and Kuqi were on fire, Clough probably never realised, or certainly didn't continue with them obviously! However the facts are Bueno is a good footballer and when we were on song was a key player. Now unfortunately we will never really see the best of him as he will now be looking forward to going back to Spain after a hard winter, and the proof that loan players are bnever going to be long term. It's a bit like renting a house at above average prices and using it and living in it for a year and then realising after you have given it back that it would have been far better to have bought or mortgaged the property, but by then it was too late :frown:

Well, I guess it's either all down to Clough - or the fact that Bueno is a total lightweight and was loaned out by his club to an English team for a season to see if it would toughen him up...?

If he was anything like the finished article they wouldn't have let him go. He certainly isn't the first overseas player with silky skills to come over here and whimp out as soon as he got kicked a few times or it got a bit cold for them.

Here's what I think.

Part of the problem is we play him too high. Against Ipswich, there were times when he was right up against their back four. He's never going to do anything there.

Drop him deeper, let him find space - better still, don't give him a position at all. There's half your problem solved. He'll do the rest, and get his confidence back.

That's what I'd do, might not work of course...

I'm finding myself siding with the Bunny on this.

Players like Bueno need a free role. If you want them to flourish you build the team round them.

Back in the day its the reason why the best English players of their generation did'nt get the recognition or caps they deserved. Glenn Hoddle is the obvious example, a sublime player, who could pass as accurately over 50 yards as most players can over 10 yards. Often left out of England teams and criticised for not tracking back, tackling etc.

Well, I guess it's either all down to Clough - or the fact that Bueno is a total lightweight and was loaned out by his club to an English team for a season to see if it would toughen him up...?

If he was anything like the finished article they wouldn't have let him go. He certainly isn't the first overseas player with silky skills to come over here and whimp out as soon as he got kicked a few times or it got a bit cold for them.

As only a loan player, it would have been silly to build a team around him, as that type of talent in midfield is just not practicle given Derby's current financial restraints. I think Bueno possibly relaised this soon after his good spell, as did the other players on the books before the gifted ones who assisted Bueno, like Commons left :frown:

Bueno isn't suited to this team, he needs players on his wavelength.. And not playing ballplaying players like Bailey and Cywka (and the obvious loss of Commons) has really affected him..

The cold, or his lightweight status IMO has nothing to do with it, if he was playing for a good footballing side like Swansea he'd fit in well, just like he did with us when we was playing great in October/November.

Some players just can't play for certain teams as they don't fit in.. S.Pearson, Pringle, B.Davies etc.. to me seem scrappy players who lack quality but will put in 100%, no way are these the players that will build fluidy from the back and pass it around and create space in midfield.. These 3 are get behind the ball and hope for something type players.

Just like Xavi would have an impact at Stoke, as the ball would be sailing over his head every minute..

I actually feel sorry for Bueno, If NC can get him, Ward, S.Davies and Cywka in an attacking 4 with Addison and Bailey holding he might have some luck again.

Bueno isn't suited to this team, he needs players on his wavelength.. And not playing ballplaying players like Bailey and Cywka (and the obvious loss of Commons) has really affected him..

The cold, or his lightweight status IMO has nothing to do with it, if he was playing for a good footballing side like Swansea he'd fit in well, just like he did with us when we was playing great in October/November.

Some players just can't play for certain teams as they don't fit in.. S.Pearson, Pringle, B.Davies etc.. to me seem scrappy players who lack quality but will put in 100%, no way are these the players that will build fluidy from the back and pass it around and create space in midfield.. These 3 are get behind the ball and hope for something type players.

Just like Xavi would have an impact at Stoke, as the ball would be sailing over his head every minute..

I actually feel sorry for Bueno, If NC can get him, Ward, S.Davies and Cywka in an attacking 4 with Addison and Bailey holding he might have some luck again.

Agree with you there Bris. I think it's less down to Bueno not liking the cold and more down to us losing our style. He's not changed from the start of the season, he can still create something and we're a team that lacks creativity. We have a lot of players who can do the basics but not many who can provide that spark. Bueno can provide that spark. Get the team passing again and Bueno will shine again. Keep aiming hopeful balls up the field and there's no point in playing him.

I was thinking the other day has he been a success or a flop as the board came out and said they spent the Hulse money to loan him for a season. Very talented lad and the type of player we all want to see but he only really had an effect in a few months of the season so I would say he has been a waste of money really if it was half a million plus to loan him. Its sad but Clough seems to lost patience with skillfull players and reverts back to picking drafters.

Are you going gboro? I had my big fat gypsy caravan repaired in bawtry! nice road side greasy spoon on the way in from the A1 is it?

Went to a greasy spoon in Bawtry last night called the Crown Hotel. Keith Duffy was staying there so it was a bit embarrassing watching my wife drool throughout eating her snap.

Archived