Common's Sense ????

RAMtastic

Told myself I was not going to post anymore, but got to get this off my chest.

---------------------------

Now I am no business man, but from what I have seen of the so called experts, GSE and Mr Gadsby, that’s probably a good starting point.

I have a question, proposal, call it what you like, for any of you more business savvy fans out there.

As a short-term measure to provide capital for player purchase would it be feasible/legal for a potential investor to provide an amount of capital on a short/medium term basis say (2 years). With a guaranteed return on that investment, say just above what you would reasonably get from financial institution.

A condition of this investment is that it is spent solely on playing staff.

What would this type of investment get in return for the investing party (apart from the financial return), would this be a non-executive place on the board?

It seems to me that the GSE outfit have the best interests of the “DCFC Business†at heart, but have absolutely no comprehension of the emotional investment of the fans, and also what the consequences of relegation would have both on season ticket revenue and the permanent loss of any current and future young fans.

Their approach seems to be that they are taking a gamble on us staying in the Championship with minimal investment in the squad. I do not think they have enough of an idea of the impact on the club that relegation in to League One will have.

If this type of venture was possible, how much in terms of financial investment do you think it would require to make it a viable option for the long term benefit of the club, and also who would be willing to make this type of investment?

I realise that we have now no opportunity to add permanent signings this season, but should we avoid relegation, there has to be significant investment during the summer to avoid us starting off nest season in exactly the same position with a sub-standard playing squad.

There seems an obvious solution to me that is for both GSE and Mr Gadsby to see sense and frankly grow up and stop acting like spoilt brats. Please put aside your differences and try to come to an agreed solution that would be in the interests of the club and its long-suffering supporters.

The welfare and continued success of our club deserves better financial management than it has had for the most recent few years.

If neither of the two parties’ can be made to see sense then is it not time for them both to do the honourable thing, move aside and let someone else have a go.

From

Neither a Doom Merchant or a Blind Faither.

Just someone who is sick to the back teeth about what is happening to our club

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why should GSE borrow from an individual on worse terms than they could get from a bank? If they were going to borrow, why not just do it in the conventional way and avoid having to devolve either power or potential future profits?

The only advantage that I can see would be if they got in someone with football expertise to help Tom Glick.

Told myself I was not going to post anymore, but got to get this off my chest.

---------------------------

Now I am no business man, but from what I have seen of the so called experts, GSE and Mr Gadsby, that’s probably a good starting point.

I have a question, proposal, call it what you like, for any of you more business savvy fans out there.

As a short-term measure to provide capital for player purchase would it be feasible/legal for a potential investor to provide an amount of capital on a short/medium term basis say (2 years). With a guaranteed return on that investment, say just above what you would reasonably get from financial institution.

A condition of this investment is that it is spent solely on playing staff.

What would this type of investment get in return for the investing party (apart from the financial return), would this be a non-executive place on the board?

It seems to me that the GSE outfit have the best interests of the “DCFC Business†at heart, but have absolutely no comprehension of the emotional investment of the fans, and also what the consequences of relegation would have both on season ticket revenue and the permanent loss of any current and future young fans.

Their approach seems to be that they are taking a gamble on us staying in the Championship with minimal investment in the squad. I do not think they have enough of an idea of the impact on the club that relegation in to League One will have.

If this type of venture was possible, how much in terms of financial investment do you think it would require to make it a viable option for the long term benefit of the club, and also who would be willing to make this type of investment?

I realise that we have now no opportunity to add permanent signings this season, but should we avoid relegation, there has to be significant investment during the summer to avoid us starting off nest season in exactly the same position with a sub-standard playing squad.

There seems an obvious solution to me that is for both GSE and Mr Gadsby to see sense and frankly grow up and stop acting like spoilt brats. Please put aside your differences and try to come to an agreed solution that would be in the interests of the club and its long-suffering supporters.

The welfare and continued success of our club deserves better financial management than it has had for the most recent few years.

If neither of the two parties’ can be made to see sense then is it not time for them both to do the honourable thing, move aside and let someone else have a go.

From

Neither a Doom Merchant or a Blind Faither.

Just someone who is sick to the back teeth about what is happening to our club

Of course they don't, leagues in America (basketball, Football, baseball, hockey & soccer) don't have relegations. The only time a team's fans loose out is if their 'franchise' moves to a different city. Most elite US competitions are based upon the very democratic theory that everyone gets a fair crack at winning. The college draft system benefits the smaller teams at the present time in giving the underacheivers first pick of the better players and if the bigger teams want the better talent they must trade up future draft picks or half their current team, again (in theory) making the smaller teams stronger. I think our board seem to think our soccer somehow rewards you for trying to do the right thing, unfortunately they'll discover all to late that things don't work like that on this side of the pond. Of course this is complete b0ll0cks but it does show the dangers of having people who know very little about the sport in charge of a football club. They're too focused on the business side of things to consider the effect club matters have on their product...

I'd love to be a fly on the wall of the boardroom when they get the final season ticket sales figures and see that they're half of what they were supposed to be as not many people are relishing the prospect of watching Swindon, Hartlepool or Plymouth...

Of course they don't, leagues in America (basketball, Football, baseball, hockey & soccer) don't have relegations. The only time a team's fans loose out is if their 'franchise' moves to a different city. Most elite US competitions are based upon the very democratic theory that everyone gets a fair crack at winning. The college draft system benefits the smaller teams at the present time in giving the underacheivers first pick of the better players and if the bigger teams want the better talent they must trade up future draft picks or half their current team, again (in theory) making the smaller teams stronger. I think our board seem to think our soccer somehow rewards you for trying to do the right thing, unfortunately they'll discover all to late that things don't work like that on this side of the pond. Of course this is complete b0ll0cks but it does show the dangers of having people who know very little about the sport in charge of a football club. They're too focused on the business side of things to consider the effect club matters have on their product...

I'd love to be a fly on the wall of the boardroom when they get the final season ticket sales figures and see that they're half of what they were supposed to be as not many people are relishing the prospect of watching Swindon, Hartlepool or Plymouth...

I find it insulting how much attention they appeared to of paid to football before they took ownership of a friggin football club!!

Premium food items? Franchise? Product?

The investment issue aside, it'd be nice to know that their original plan wasn't based on their work with American sports "franchises".

They do know that we're not the St Louis Rams don't they? :eek:

Can someone just make sure?

:confused:

The reason they have bought DCFC is that should we get relegated, they know know it won't have a huge effect on the season ticket sales.

We'll still sell over 18000 even in Division One. Once we start winning games, the full houses will return.

The reason they have bought DCFC is that should we get relegated, they know know it won't have a huge effect on the season ticket sales.

We'll still sell over 18000 even in Division One. Once we start winning games, the full houses will return.

we will sell nowhere near 18,000 season tickets in league 1... we will be looking at more 13/14,000 and people will just pick and choose games to go to.... we will prob only sell 17/18,00 if we stay in the champ...

People have rapidly lost faith.. i know lots of season ticket holders who dont even bother to go now days they would rather watch sky sports news in the boozer than watch the rammell we are being served at the minute...

Nice idea to bring in extra investment solely for players, however the group of owners, according to reports, are apparantly billionaires, thus meaning they could possibly fund players themselves with an agreement to get a return on investment over a number of years,

therefore no need to look elsewhere for investment

Nice idea to bring in extra investment solely for players, however the group of owners, according to reports, are apparantly billionaires, thus meaning they could possibly fund players themselves with an agreement to get a return on investment over a number of years,

therefore no need to look elsewhere for investment

It's not as simple as that with a "group" of different investors/owners with presumably different stakes in the club and different ideas/intentions. They all have to be reading off the same hymn sheet otherwise it can be stalemate and nothing gets done. I may be wrong, some others with even a vague knowledge of finance, feel free to correct.

i know lots of season ticket holders who dont even bother to go now days they would rather watch sky sports news in the boozer than watch the rammell we are being served at the minute...

fair weather fickle supporters.

Sorry, did I call them supporters?!

That's exactly what they arern't. Through thick and then.

Archived