Actual Attendance

HenryKrinkle

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a mate who's a reddog. He has been to several games this season with his lads when its been "kids for a quid", "students for £2", and the like.

No one mentions it, no one bothers, its what football clubs do nowadays.

Only bitter forest fans who are jealous of DERBY ever bring it up as they are extremely, well, bitter and jealous.

Nuff said, poor thread.

there is a load of cobblers talked about attendances and it seems that clubs are pretty much at liberty to choose how they calculate the figure that they publish - some only count the actual number of punters that have walked through the turnstiles whereas others will base the figure on the number of seats 'sold' (including given away) - even if not all of those people actually made it to the game (which I suspect is what happens at PP....)

It's probably one of the reasons that we can't really compete in the transfer market - highest avaerage attendance in the league in terms of seats 'sold' but only 90% of those turn up and only 70% have actually paid for the 'privelege' of being there.

Same person now says (rather conveniently) there was 17.900 odd there against Ipswich, so he could start a new thread asking "when was the last time we got less than 18,000".

Then somebody agrees with him on the attendance figures. I wondered who this plonker was, then i noticed the Username: YoungRam17.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=181&fid=16&sty=2&act=1&mid=2118540905

Same person now says (rather conveniently) there was 17.900 odd there against Ipswich, so he could start a new thread asking "when was the last time we got less than 18,000".

Then somebody agrees with him on the attendance figures. I wondered who this plonker was, then i noticed the Username: YoungRam17.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=181&fid=16&sty=2&act=1&mid=2118540905

we normally have a game of "guess the attedance" when the on the field activities get a little dull - we guessed about 23000.....

Ah, those footymad sites. And the reason none of us joined them from the DET is because it's mostly full of idiots like that youngram fella.

Everytime i read anything you just get Forest fans saying something to which all the Derby fans bite.

"your going down"

"your tickets are all free"

"yeah well, Billy Davies is a fat dwarf"

That's the sort of level you'll see on there. :rolleyes:

It makes reading actually hurt your head. :rolleyes:

Apologies if this is old news/total sh1te, but a Forest fan sent me this:

I'm afraid the truth is now out. Derby home attendance figures are, as we always knew they were..a sham.

On your own Derby mad web site it has been confirrmed that DCFC include all season tickets and freebies in their attendances. Last night there were 5000 unused s/tickets and freebies. the actual REAL number of fans there last night was nearer 18500....shocking for a 1 club town.

Your own DCFC web site also confirms your away support for each game...now these figures truely are embarrasing for Rams fans. We always knew your away support was terrible, now we have the evidence your home crowds are also terrible.

Forest fans have a real problem with Brian Clough / Peter Taylor's comments that Derby is a REAL football town, compared to Nottingham. They just clutch at straws.

I'm sure there's some truth in this article, but it's all sour grapes - just like those who say Thin Lizzy's Live & Dangerous album had overdubs, which they equate to Lizzy not being a brilliant live band.

Facts are, Lizzy WERE a brilliant live band - and Derby attracts more support than Forest ever will.,,,,

So b0ll0cks to 'em!

still the best live recording ever (even with the studio adjustments). Saw them on what I think was their final tour at the Assembly rooms. Also saw them at Kedleston College on what was probably their first UK tour and many times in between

still the best live recording ever (even with the studio adjustments). Saw them on what I think was their final tour at the Assembly rooms. Also saw them at Kedleston College on what was probably their first UK tour and many times in between

Ah, it's off-topic, but that gig at Kedleston College was recorded and, after Lynott died, the 1/4 inch tape was amongst a huge load of recordings that we recovered from his house in Kew Gardens and I had at my house for a while (I'm a friend of the family).

Someone took it away and it ended up being released a couple of years back on CD called UK 75 Tour. Memorable for me as it was the first time they played 'cowboy song' and so called it 'Derby Blues' on the night.

Look out for the next Limehouse Lizzy gig at the Assembley Rooms as we might be arranging a support slot to recreate that Kedleston Road set.

Apologies for all non-Lizzy affectionardos :)

I'm online!

It was quiet last night as well. I think theirs a mutual "fed up with footy" feeling going around.

Oh right..... *half hearted yay* :D

It's all them long paragraphs they keep writing and reading.

It's a good job we rarely comment on footy matters otherwise i'd just be reading about a band that released stuff on tape and C.Ds. Ancient or what :rolleyes:

Someone took it away and it ended up being released a couple of years back on CD called UK 75 Tour. Memorable for me as it was the first time they played 'cowboy song' and so called it 'Derby Blues' on the night.

If anyone uses Spotify, the UK 75 Tour recording is on there :)

Archived