Nigel at Swindon Game Tonight

Srg

Really?

If you'd said someone like Iniesta, Xavi or Messi I think I would too.. But Austin or Jennings?

Jennings would get us a huge fee one day, so i'd be going mental at that prospect.

Austin to lead the line would be excellent too.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jennings would get us a huge fee one day, so i'd be going mental at that prospect.

If he's that good,how about he fires us to the Prem and keeps us there.I'd be going mental at the prospect of us selling him in those circumstances.

Dale Jennings would suit what we're looking for, would replace Commons.. infact would prefer him to Commons for his potential..etc plus he adds that much needed pace, he is ridiculously quick!

Just watched the footage, he looks a class act and quick! I agree that he would be a good replacement if KC departs, as seems inevitable.

and whoever said the SPL isn't league one/championship at best??

I did, and two of those players don't even play for celtic yet. the quality of the spl is awful, players basically just run around like headless chickens. stephen pearson, kenny miller etc have all made successful careers up there.

Hold on hold on, think this is a fake Cucumber

Just been on SSN that 4 clubs are interested and a fee will be agreed soon but Celtic wasn't one of those clubs named.

This is also from the Swindon paper thingy this morning.

CHARLIE Austin is just hours away from a Town exit with a minimum of four clubs in the race for his signature.

Blackpool, Burnley and Southampton are understood to have lodged bids for the in-demand front man while an unnamed Championship club have also registered their interest.

Referring to the bidding war surrounding the youngster, Town director Jeremy Wray told the Advertiser last night: “It could come to a conclusion in the next 24 hours.

“We will hold out for the best bid for Swindon Town and for Charlie Austin.â€

The 21-year-old, valued at nearly £2million by Town, has been the subject of admiring glances for some considerable time since jumping up the football ladder from non-league Poole in October 2009.

Championship outfits Millwall and Hull have both had offers repelled by the Town hierarchy before this latest round of bidding gathered pace.

Austin bagged 20 goals in his debut season for the County Ground club as they went all the way to the League One play-off final at Wembley.

Despite suffering a dislocated shoulder in September last year, Austin has managed 17 goals so far this campaign.

Southampton boss Nigel Adkins and Derby manager Nigel Clough were in attendance to watch the striker on Tuesday night, as Town were held to a 0-0 stalemate by visitors Tranmere, a game in which Austin saw his spot kick saved by stopper Tony Warner.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/8814750.Austin_poised_for_Town_exit/

Austin has said on his Twitter that he's joining Celtic, Commons will have signed up by tomorrow dinner time at the latest no doubt.

on my phone so the link just went to my twitter, didn't realise he'd confirmed it. commons will most definitely sign, but even with those players in scotland, the championship is still far better. 3 very good players does not make a good league

on my phone so the link just went to my twitter, didn't realise he'd confirmed it. commons will most definitely sign, but even with those players in scotland, the championship is still far better. 3 very good players does not make a good league

Just removed that post, read me new post above. Cumbrian wummed us!

Dale Jennings would suit what we're looking for, would replace Commons.. infact would prefer him to Commons for his potential..etc plus he adds that much needed pace, he is ridiculously quick!

Dale Jennings will cost well into seven figures can any of us really see Derby spending that?

Archived