Loan Striker deal agreed

Fullspizz

According to the back page of the DET, Derby have agreed a loan deal with an "unnamed pacy striker" for next week. It also claims that they are close to landing a central defender as well, he is about 10 days away from full fitness after picking up a knock, but it's not Glenn Loovens.

The striker should be with the squad in time for next wednesday's senior cup tie against Chesterfield.

Clough says "we have been promised a striker next week but the club he is coming from just want to get their game at the weekend over"

Me thinks it may be Waghorn from Leicester as the Mercury have quoted Sven in saying that he can go out on loan, but they just want to ensure Vassell gets over his knock.

As for the defender, I haven't a clue.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm more excited about Ben Davies in all honesty, really think his impact will make a difference to our fortunes straight away.

If it is Waghorn then I'd be happy, Leicester were ridiculous in the amount they paid for him and since Pearson left the other managers have changed the system and his not getting the goals and now the games, from what I remember of him though wasn't his pace (which makes me doubt it's him) but his touch and his finish which at times is brilliant, scores all sorts of goals so I'd be happy to get him in, think he would be a bargin to us in the summer if we get him on loan first, because I think Sven has the money and the ignorance to forget about him, even if he does well.. like us and varney.

as for the defender if it's not loovens then I don't think we have any more leads?

I don't know to much about Waghorn but I was watching a Leicester match on tv the other week, Waghorn came on and they called him a "pacey striker".

I've Googled "Waghorn Pacey" and it has come up with a few match reports describing him as that....

City continued to dominate possession and territory, with Paul Gallagher controlling play well, and the pacey strikeforce of Vassell and Waghorn causing constant problems for the Tykes.

http://www.lcfc.com/page/MatchReport/0,,10274~51758,00.html

Might be crazy but I'm starting to think maybe The Mirror and Daily Star could for once have been spot on.

http://www.therams.co.uk/news/Striker-loan-deal-agreed-Rams/article-3103487-detail/article.html

Rams agree a deal to bring in a pacy striker on loan

Saturday, January 15, 2011, 07:30

[sIZE=3][sIZE=2]DERBY County have agreed a deal to bring in a pacy striker on loan next week.[/sIZE][/sIZE]

The Rams have also revealed that they are close to landing a central defender on loan as well.

Derby are keeping the names under wraps.

"We have been promised a striker next week but the club he is coming from just want to get their game at the weekend over," said manager NigelClough.

"We have agreed a deal which we are very pleased with, as long as nothing goes wrong in the next four or five days. The centre-half has got a knock at the moment and is about 10 days away from fitness. So it is just a case of waiting for them."

The striker should join the Rams in time for Wednesday's Derbyshire Senior Cup quarter-final tie against Chesterfield.

Clough said the defender was not Celtic's Glenn Loovens, the 27-year-old former Cardiff City player who has been linked with the Rams.

shane smeltz would be good in this league,

the kiwi international is back at gold coast for the rest of the season,

and will be a free agent soon, better than most of the cack weve got imo

I think Ben Pringle came from a league of similar quality.....

Archived