Football Stadium

swansea ram

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would this club be like if that got the go ahead, it may seem like a small significance we didn't get it but if we got the 72k stadium, along with our domestic league success, it could be argued that if this had been given the go ahead we could now be mentioned in the same vein as united, liverpool and arsenal.

ahh, what could of been! :frown:

there was a long thread and much discussion about this on the DET forum just before it closed - the stadium, where Moorways is now, would have been amazing, but with all 72,000 seater stadiums, you'd need 72,000 in there to make it work, and I'm not sure Derby as a city would ever be big enough to get those sort of numbers in, even if Cloughie hadn't left and we'd had the kind of success he took down the road. If, but, maybe, if only....

We'd fill that no problem. Imagine the caliber of player that would come to the club purely because of the stadium, that's just the initial new stadium effect.

Good players, great teams, trophies. Derby itself would have blossomed, ah, just another dart to the heart all this. The Brian Clough story was hard enough, now this state of the art design which face it, makes pride park look like shoite!

can't believe i've never heard of this, would have been something special that's for sure. interesting to think what impact this could have had on the city as a whole. as for the capacity, it was 52,000 standing so with the taylor report etc, this would have decreased to a more reasonable figure, maybe the 44,000 we're led to belive we could fill!

I think there is about this in the national football museum at Preston - there may even be a model but my memory could be playing up a bit.

I am sure I seen this on the old DET and it showed a photo of what it might have looked like on the moorways area in Allenton(think Allenton was a top area then:rolleyes:,) very Art Deco if memory serves me right.

Has anyone got any photos?

Archived