Tito Villa

WorksopRam

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He would cost around 6/7 million if we wanted him now, he is renowed as the best striker in mexico and in his first season won golden boot out scoring the likes of suarez and fernandez whom is now at man utd.. So yeah would guess at 7million. I don't know why it didnt happen here against lesser opposition he looked good like brighton and leeds in the cup, he was by far the best player in our side, also in the premiership he showed glimpses of quality! So can't fault him but cost too much for what he was giving back, maybe with a run of games it would of been different.

He would cost around 6/7 million if we wanted him now, he is renowed as the best striker in mexico and in his first season won golden boot out scoring the likes of suarez and fernandez whom is now at man utd.. So yeah would guess at 7million. I don't know why it didnt happen here against lesser opposition he looked good like brighton and leeds in the cup, he was by far the best player in our side, also in the premiership he showed glimpses of quality! So can't fault him but cost too much for what he was giving back, maybe with a run of games it would of been different.

Oh!

So I guess we won't be signing him then:D

I can assure you he is not renowned as the best striker in Mexico.. The Mexican season only lasts 5 or 6 months, it's not like the UK, and the season just finished he barely scored any...

In comparison to Monterrey (the champions), they scored a hatfull and Christian Benitez in particular (once of B'Ham) was their stand out player, he cost Brum around 5 or 6 million and is twice as good as Tito Villa...

Not to mention Cruz Azul aren't the richest club in Mexico City let alone Mexico, they would bite someones hand off at 2 or 2.5mill..

Also your comparison with Hernandez isn't fair as Chivas have been poor for the last 2 seasons and heavily relied on him to get the goals.. He was a class above any player in the league..

Didn't want to put you down mate I just have pretty good knowledge of the Mexican league..

It would be cheaper just to stick Pearson up front, and the end result would be just about the same.

Agree, but I don't think Pearson stripping down to his keks, at Watford, would have the same effect on me. :D

Thanks for the update on him Bris - a lot of Derby fans liked him but it seems, he was what he was.....

I can assure you he is not renowned as the best striker in Mexico.. The Mexican season only lasts 5 or 6 months, it's not like the UK, and the season just finished he barely scored any...

In comparison to Monterrey (the champions), they scored a hatfull and Christian Benitez in particular (once of B'Ham) was their stand out player, he cost Brum around 5 or 6 million and is twice as good as Tito Villa...

Not to mention Cruz Azul aren't the richest club in Mexico City let alone Mexico, they would bite someones hand off at 2 or 2.5mill..

Also your comparison with Hernandez isn't fair as Chivas have been poor for the last 2 seasons and heavily relied on him to get the goals.. He was a class above any player in the league..

Didn't want to put you down mate I just have pretty good knowledge of the Mexican league..

fair enough, I honestly thought Cruz Azul were a pretty big side and last time I heard anything about him (about 5-6 months ago) there was an article on him which I put through the translator (came out sketchy) and it pretty much said he was a striker without a fault and was a danger all around the park..etc so just assumed nothing changed and he was still up there with the best of them.

fair enough, I honestly thought Cruz Azul were a pretty big side and last time I heard anything about him (about 5-6 months ago) there was an article on him which I put through the translator (came out sketchy) and it pretty much said he was a striker without a fault and was a danger all around the park..etc so just assumed nothing changed and he was still up there with the best of them.

So something you seen on the internet 5-6 months ago in a different language passed through babelfish is what passes for informed opinion? ;)

So something you seen on the internet 5-6 months ago in a different language passed through babelfish is what passes for informed opinion? ;)

as good as any, unless of course you watch every game..etc very unlikely, he might still be playing **** for all I know but just heard he was doing well.

I could probably count the amount of times i've seen Messi on both hands and actually count the amount of times he has impressed me on half a hand, I know his a good player through the press and people that watch him though, otherwise I wouldn't think much of him being honest.

They're a big side, along with Monterrey and of course Chivas and America..

Some decent players come from this way, Guardado was at Atlas (now at Depertivo) Ochoa (GK of America) is linked with an 8mill move to Fulham.. The likes of Vela and Giovanni Dos Santos were signed young and Hernandez (Man Utd) and Paulo Barrera (West Ham) recently made the move..

And thats just Mexican players, recently theres been an influx of central americans and south americans (notably Colombians) here too.. The likes of Wigan in paticular definately have scouts around as there is some suprisingly capable players here that could do well in Europe.

Tito Villa unfortunately had his chance and unlikely to get another one.. He must have taken a pretty big wage cut to move here, I can imagine him earning only $3k maximum a week..

Archived