Forest ask stars to take wage cuts for new contracts

Hucknall Ram

Nottingham Forest are asking several stars including Rob Earnshaw to take wage cuts if they want to stay.

Forest's hierarchy were criticised by both boss Billy Davies and fans for their lack of spending in 2010.

And the club's cautious financial approach set to continue in the New Year.

Owner Nigel Doughty feels to he has pumped more than enough into the Championship club.

Now Forest stars Earnshaw, Guy Moussi and Nathan Tyson are all out of contract next summer.

And the trio have all been told to expect reduced terms if they re-sign at the City Ground.

Striker Earnshaw, 29, signed from Derby in May 2008 for £2.65m, scored 17 goals last season.

Forest defender Kevlin Wilson is also a free agent next summer and is expected to quit for Celtic.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Nottingham-Forest-ask-stars-Rob-Earnshaw-Guy-Moussi-and-Nathan-Tyson-to-take-wage-cuts-for-new-contracts-Exclusive-article661013.html

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also heard from a very good friend of Wilson that he wanted 9,000 a week and he would sign a new contract, forest offered him 7,000 and celtic offered him a whopper at 21,000 a week! This was 6 weeks ago, I didn't believe it at first, didn't think Celtic would be that stupid but now it's been released, suppose it was true.

They've lost Ryan Bertrand now aswell, not misplaced him or anything but Chelsea have recalled him. That's 2 defenders down from an already thin squad, you think we have defensive problems, look at what Forest have available

Lynch

Morgan

Chambers

Gunter

Bennett

Moloney

Compare that to

Moxey

Roberts

Barker

Leacock

Addison

Buxton

Anderson

O'Brien

Brayford

Celtic manager Neil Lennon has confirmed that Nottingham Forest defender Kelvin Wilson will join the Glasgow club.

The centre-back has agreed a pre-contract deal with Celtic after entering the final six months of his Forest deal.

But Lennon has not ruled out bringing the 25-year-old to Parkhead during this month's transfer window, and said: "If the possibility is there for him to come here in January I'd like to have him now. If not we'll have him in the summer."

He added: "I like him. I played with him for six months at Forest.

"He was 22 then and still developing physically.

"We have watched him the last couple of years and he has been very consistent in the Championship.

"He's quick, composed on the ball and decent in the air.

"We did try to get him in August but there was nothing doing."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5gguI4V9krwjcGEfl2VRoi88Vlg_w?docId=N0042691294479387972A

He's off but it's not worth listing him as Billy hasn't been playing him, I guess he's had the sulk on at not being able to go earlier in the season so Billy boy has left him on the bench.

I sincerely doubt that Forest offered him 21k a week - I agree its probably more but there are professionals running these big businesses and they would have a good idea of what is required to get a player to sign - Wilson will prob have been offered 11-13k max and they would have continuously said "Champions League" to him, he would have asked for more, but Celtics reply would be, "You're unproven so as an appetiser, we'll put some performance related bonuses" in.

Not many clubs offer stupid money - Leeds did in the past, Man city now but most clubs are pretty astute.

Don't forget the new UEFA rules coming into play next season - something like 60% of turnover can be spent on wages but no more. Someone will know the exact details I'm sure.

I sincerely doubt that Forest offered him 21k a week - I agree its probably more but there are professionals running these big businesses and they would have a good idea of what is required to get a player to sign - Wilson will prob have been offered 11-13k max and they would have continuously said "Champions League" to him, he would have asked for more, but Celtics reply would be, "You're unproven so as an appetiser, we'll put some performance related bonuses" in.

Not many clubs offer stupid money - Leeds did in the past, Man city now but most clubs are pretty astute.

Don't forget the new UEFA rules coming into play next season - something like 60% of turnover can be spent on wages but no more. Someone will know the exact details I'm sure.

Surely they would get round that by offering cars/houses and other things. Like Notts County did with Sol Campbell when they said he would be doing ambassador work on the side so they didn't go over the wage cap

Archived