Forest ask stars to take wage cuts for new contracts

Hucknall Ram

Wee Billy won't be happy, can't get the players in because they can't afford the wages, where's this going to end?

All in tears me thinks.....

Billy's off to burnley?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1342907/Nottingham-Forest-boss-Billy-Davies-emerges-shock-contender-Burnley-job.html

I know that was before the Lambert affair but they might be back in for him after Lambert turned them down and Billy not getting what he wants at Forest

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I sincerely doubt that Forest offered him 21k a week - I agree its probably more but there are professionals running these big businesses and they would have a good idea of what is required to get a player to sign - Wilson will prob have been offered 11-13k max and they would have continuously said "Champions League" to him, he would have asked for more, but Celtics reply would be, "You're unproven so as an appetiser, we'll put some performance related bonuses" in.

Not many clubs offer stupid money - Leeds did in the past, Man city now but most clubs are pretty astute.

Don't forget the new UEFA rules coming into play next season - something like 60% of turnover can be spent on wages but no more. Someone will know the exact details I'm sure.

from a very VERY good source, He said he wanted 9,000pw at forest.. and they offered him 7,000.

He got a call from Celtic offering him a staggering 21,000pw, you'd have to be an idiot not to take that, however a lot of forest fans have said he's stopped trying for the most part.

Wilson can't wait to get out of Notts, can't say I blame him....

--------------------------------------------------------

Nottingham Forest defender Kelvin Wilson hopes to join Celtic this month rather than waiting until the end of the season.

The 25-year-old has a pre-contract agreement with the Bhoys to move to Glasgow on a free transfer in the summer.

However, the former Preston and Notts County man hopes a deal can be done that sees him link up with the SPL giants this month.

'That would definitely suit me because my mind is at Celtic,' said Wilson.

'I would prefer to move to Scotland this month and get on with my career. Celtic are in a good position at the moment and I'd like to do my bit as the team tries to win the championship.

'They are a huge club and I can't wait to get started. This is a move I have wanted for a long time.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1345793/Kelvin-Wilson-wants-quit-Forest-Celtic-end-season.html

Archived