Scariest Film

xXDcFcXx

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched An American Werewolf in London when I was 9 and it scared me stupid, I'm not far off 40 now and I still can't watch it all. I blame John Landis ;)

Others are The Descent, Silence of the lambs and Jaws always makes me jump.

Halloween films are creepy - not the stabbing and slaying but the tension from the stalking.

There was one I saw which was loosely based on a true story ( I think) that happened in Australia. Guy hacking folk who's cars had broke down, hanging them on meat hooks and leaving them to rot or to be ripped apart by dogs. Can't remember it's name, an ok film though.

House of Wax is worth a watch, the re-make with Paris Hilton, especially when the guys rips open someone's heel with scissors, then covers him with boiling wax.

Please...don't have nightmares, do sleep well.....

the 2 scarreist films i have ever seen are the house on haunted hill, i think it was a remake, that messed me up proper an the haunting, with catherine zeta jones. its rubbish. but id been out drinking, and it freaked me out good and proper

what has scared me more, was a progamme i used to stay up to watch on a friday night called strange but true. i was about 8 and the enfield polteigest was on. i didnt sleep for weeks. in fact i still cant sleep without being curled up into a ball in the corner of my bed because of it.

im such a gir :frown:

You should try watching some Japanese horror films, they're the best.

I was fast tracked in Japanese at school, and whenever a holiday was coming up we got to watch a horro film as long as we didn't use subtitles and tried to make out what they were saying.

Fantastic for suspense.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned The Shining yet!!! It still freaks me out depsite the fact I've seen it plenty of times. Only Stanley Kubrik could make a kid riding around on a trike seem so fooked up.

Other's that have given me sleepless nights over the years are

A Nightmare On Elm Street (the original)

Halloween (the original)

The Descent

Paranormal Activity

The Blair Witch Project

Se7en - Simply because for the first time in my life it made me realise how sh1tty the world could be...

While it's not a film I urge everyone to seek out Ghost Watch, if you're unfamiliar with it it was shown on BBC 1 on Halloween night 1992 and was along the lines of Blair Witch & PA in that it was made out to be a genuine live documentary broadcast from a haunted semi detatched home in London. Being only 14 at the time I didn't sleep a wink that night.

Anybody else remember it???

There was a similar thread on the old DET forum and one guy suggested Google-ing 'Three Men & a Hammer'. I watched the first 20-30 seconds and dared not go any further. You have been warned...

Archived