where does the east midlands derby rate?

NorfolkRam

I mat well be mistaken but I'm sure the Derby vs snotts game isn't going to be on tv. To be honest I'm amazed and I'm sure last year we missed out.

Now if you look at all the other local Derby's in the championship and the get live coverage so why are we missing out? Especially after the fiery affairs we have had in recent years, countless fights big comebacks and Stuart sausagewell. Now I know most of these have been on sky but why stop showing them?

I hate to say this but I feel like the east anglian Derby means more than the east midlands and its contested between a load of webbed footed farmers.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate Leicester a lot more than Forest, i have Forest pals so it's good when they do well (and Derby) because the banters much more fun. I don't know any Leicester fans, so when they start showing up it's an annoyance, and we hardly ever beat them and we've played them more since i started watching Derby.

I really do hate Leicester, it's animal, Forest it's for fun and good for progress of each team.

The thing about Derby vs Forest that makes it so intriguing is the incestuous recent history between the two clubs. Other than possibly Rangers and Celtic can any of the others boast anything remotely like the following;

Brian Clough

Nigel Clough

Billy Davies

Chris Commons

Robert Earnshaw

Lee Camp

Kneegate

This is made-for television stuff, never mind the fact that Forest and Derby are bitter rivals anyway and always produce outstanding passionate matches. If this stuff was more widely known and thrown into the mix during the pre-match build-up, the match would generate excellent viewing numbers.

Whenever the mathc IS shown on TV over here, I always make my employees watch it. They LOVE IT! :)

The thing about Derby vs Forest that makes it so intriguing is the incestuous recent history between the two clubs. Other than possibly Rangers and Celtic can any of the others boast anything remotely like the following;

Brian Clough

Nigel Clough

Billy Davies

Chris Commons

Robert Earnshaw

Lee Camp

Kneegate

This is made-for television stuff, never mind the fact that Forest and Derby are bitter rivals anyway and always produce outstanding passionate matches. If this stuff was more widely known and thrown into the mix during the pre-match build-up, the match would generate excellent viewing numbers.

Whenever the mathc IS shown on TV over here, I always make my employees watch it. They LOVE IT! :)

Where are you Mr Belly?

i took a liverpool supporting mate a few years back, i ahd a spare ticket so why not

hed been to the merseyside derby, liverpool manc, liverpool chelsea and alot of there european games, and still to this day he maintains the atmosphere at pride park vs forest was more intense then any of them games, i take it as fair praise

it doesnt confuse me though that its not on the telly box alot of people in the south tht i met have no idea were derby is, so are hardly likelyt to know its a big match. even though its a very passionate game, i think outside the east mids, no one gives a ****. even though with recent history i cant understand why

For me whether Derby v Notts F***** is televised or not neither validates or writes it off in terms of it being a meaningful and regarded derby game.

It's hard for me to compare accurately because it is as much emotional as it is in terms of respective fanbase, history and supporter characteristics.

I would say on a national level we are only just on the radar. In terms of rank I'm thinking

Liverpool v Everton

Liverpool v Utd

Utd v Citeh

Villa v Brum

Derby v Forest

Ipswich v Norwich

Southampton v Portsmouth

Of course there may be bigger rivalries but I wouldn't class them as derbies.

For me whether Derby v Notts F***** is televised or not neither validates or writes it off in terms of it being a meaningful and regarded derby game.

It's hard for me to compare accurately because it is as much emotional as it is in terms of respective fanbase, history and supporter characteristics.

I would say on a national level we are only just on the radar. In terms of rank I'm thinking

Liverpool v Everton

Liverpool v Utd

Utd v Citeh

Villa v Brum

Derby v Forest

Ipswich v Norwich

Southampton v Portsmouth

Of course there may be bigger rivalries but I wouldn't class them as derbies.

Arsenal - Tottenham should probably be up there too, third in that list. And Sunderland - Newcastle.

Archived