Billy's Moaning Again

Day

messing Forest up ?

He saved us from relegation then took us to 3rd in the League.

He gives the board stick, but they need it.

I know Derby had a nightmare with Davies at the helm in the premier, but so far he's been great for Forest.

No, he's done what he always does. Comes in, motivates the players, has a brilliant first year, the players start getting fed up with his constant moaning, Billy decides he needs new players, the players get unmotivated, Billy slags the club off because they won't/can't buy him a new squad, (which is where Forest are) Billy gets some money, Billy signs poor players on big contracts, The team fail miserably, Billy slags off the club for not backing him, The club sacks Billy and his staff. Billy etc get a couple of years paid holiday. The club are left in freefall with a poor squad of overpaid useless players.

The way clubs should use Billy is to take him on, give him a small amount of cash and then sack him after a year, whether he's got them promoted or not.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He only works there three days a week, some people might think he's trying to provoke the board into firing him, it doesn't set a great example to the players if the manager spends more time in Glasgow than Nottingham. I don't rate him as a manager at all, and I think the fact that he will probably walk into another management job says a lot about what's wrong with football in this country. If you put as much effort in as he does and showed such contempt for your bosses at work, you'd probably be fired.

Hey! Does this sound familiar?

"I have no intention whatsoever of going anywhere," said Davies. "My only intention is to see out my contract at this football club.

"I will continue, to the last day of my contract, to work with the resources provided and to do the best job I can.

"It is a matter of pride for me. This is about football. I want to get the job done. I want to get this team promoted."

from this is Nottingham.co.uk

Hey! Does this sound familiar?

from this is Nottingham.co.uk

So why doesn't he just get on with the job then?

The only thing that makes me sick is when he leaves/sacked from Forest he'll get a job at Celtic or Rangers to "prove" what he can win when he's given what he wants. He'll go there and not complain at all. He'll do that so he can always turn around and say "Derby, Forest and Preston weren't able to give what was needed to become PL clubs. Here i've had the full backing of a great board and my record speaks for itself...... blah, blah"

Well if you gave Paul Jewell 75m he'd keep us in the PL. If Preston had of given Billy everything he asked for they'd be in the PL too...... and they'd be within touching distance of financial ruin with a very short but enjoyable ending to the club probably. If Forest had Pratley and Whittingham then Forest might be top of the league now.

He's dreaming. Always has been. He thinks he is Nottingham Forest.

If Billy Davies is so bad, why are you not happy for Forest to have him ?

Forest would be better off without Billy, so yeah, I hope he stays until he really drags the club into the gutter.

Forest have a decent squad (spit), yet Billy is constantly running them down, telling them they're not good enough, saying he needs 5 stellar signings yet he seems to want to play Ebola over Earnshaw.

When Doughty finally cracks and pays him off someone will inherit a reasonable Championship squad and add players gradually to improve you.

I would'nt be surprised if you followed us up in 2012. :D

Forest would be better off without Billy, so yeah, I hope he stays until he really drags the club into the gutter.

Forest have a decent squad (spit), yet Billy is constantly running them down, telling them they're not good enough, saying he needs 5 stellar signings yet he seems to want to play Ebola over Earnshaw.

When Doughty finally cracks and pays him off someone will inherit a reasonable Championship squad and add players gradually to improve you.

I would'nt be surprised if you followed us up in 2012. :D

Exactly, he's a fool to himself. I want you to keep him too in a way. He undermines all the good he does. Any manager who took over you wouldn't throw the cash that your board has put up back in their faces. And they wouldn't spend an entire summer chasing after two midfielders near on impossible to get while the squad suffers elsewhere. They would get to work with the quality you have and be happy that the youngsters they have are already capable of finishing third and being unbeatable at home. Add to that the 19 game (?) unbeaten away run that was only ended at the ground of your rivals....... what exactly is his problem. He's in a better position than Nigel. From the moaning you wouldn't know it.

I'd imagine Nigel would like Pratley and Whittingham too. But then he remembered he's not in a power struggle with the OWNERS and that not many clubs have about 5m to spent on a player. So he's got on with his job. Not moaned for 4 months. He worked within his budget and whether we finish high or low, he's done himself proud and given all he has. Billy can't say that.

What is a bit odd is that v Coventry he only picked 3 of his own signings.....another 6 were on the bench?

even he doesnt rate his own signings ??:eek:

Having said that.......they won. :confused:

He only works there three days a week, some people might think he's trying to provoke the board into firing him, it doesn't set a great example to the players if the manager spends more time in Glasgow than Nottingham. I don't rate him as a manager at all, and I think the fact that he will probably walk into another management job says a lot about what's wrong with football in this country. If you put as much effort in as he does and showed such contempt for your bosses at work, you'd probably be fired.

Nail. Head. Bang.

You're totally right. At the moment a lot of companies (both private a public) are having to make a lot of cuts to stop everything from falling apart. It's hard on everyone but people are coping. If one person moaned to the manager about the lack of resources and blamed his poor performance at work on this he'd be straight out of the door.

A lot of managers in the football league (inc our very own Nigel) and even PL (Holloway) are keeping teams together with little money. Billy is making a total tit of himself by moaning about what money he has been given to spend.

You go into a play off position for the first time in years & you are STILL talking about FOREST :D

That seems to be the typical response from the forest when discussing such things. I was doing a spot of Facebook teasing and got this very response from a red dog relative. :D

I think it's a poor attempt of humour and an attempt to divert the attention away from the hilarious power struggle at Forest. Forest fans always talk about Derby and Derby fans will always talk about Forest regardless of league positions, it's called rivalry.

I think it's a poor attempt of humour and an attempt to divert the attention away from the hilarious power struggle at Forest. Forest fans always talk about Derby and Derby fans will always talk about Forest regardless of league positions, it's called rivalry.

I think Forest will finish higher than Derby this season.

Archived