Billy's Moaning Again

Day

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obvoiusly Platt is making all the deals on behalf of Docherty and not Wee Billy, i sort of think he is not a bad manager and if given the money to sign a few players he was after in the summer when we went up to the Prem i dont think we would of had such a bad season as we did in that year...i.e the guy who went from Southampton to Sunderland and now at Stoke(terrible memory me) and Vassel from man city at the time think would of made a big difference to our season, but the league of gentlemen did not want to spend the money(i know after the play - off final did not help and certain boardroom people wanted him gone before the new season started) just think if given a bit more maybe we would not have done as badly as we did.

sorry....but i think he's got a point.

they got to 3rd and didn't invest....and have now fallen back

we might just find ourselves in a similar situation.

sorry....but i think he's got a point.

they got to 3rd and didn't invest....and have now fallen back

we might just find ourselves in a similar situation.

£6m last season just on transfer fees and he wanted Whittingham and Pratley which would of set them back another £4m, that's alot of money for a Championship club.

ND has said he has personally funds a significant shortfall in their budget, Billy should have spent the money he had last season more wisely.

£6m last season just on transfer fees and he wanted Whittingham and Pratley which would of set them back another £4m, that's alot of money for a Championship club.

ND has said he has personally funds a significant shortfall in their budget, Billy should have spent the money he had last season more wisely.

not sure it was that much.....

http://www.soccerbase.com/transfers_by_team.sd

maybe £5m with the Blackstock fee

but thats not a fortune if you want to go from league 1 to the Prem.

My point is not to defend that though. He is right in that there are times when a club needs to invest.

If we finish 3rd this year and don't invest in Jan or next summer then the natives here will be screaming just as loud as Billy and for exactly the same reason.

Archived