Sunderland (A) - Match thread

Eoghan1884

26 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I think that when a team leads 2-0, the opposing team is likely to be the one attacking.

The context for me is more what we try and do when it’s 0-0.

We have conceded 4, 2, 1 and 2 away in the league. I don’t believe we will keep clean sheets and thus scoring is essential.

Lets hope the ‘easier’ teams coming up changes our fortunes but they will all be looking at us and thinking ‘easy game’.

From what I've read, we started like a whirlwind at Sunderland (the words of a Sunderland fan on-line) but the Bellingham goal lifted Sunderland and they got on top. Although second best throughout at Sheff U, we were a dodgy fk award away from a clean sheet and a point. The results at Blackburn and Watford didn't reflect the balance of each game.

I don't think we're doing too much wrong, but cutting out mistakes and accepting chances would certainly help.

On 03/10/2024 at 09:41, Crewton said:

When will people learn that fixating on possession stats in the EFL is pointless. It's how effective you are when in possession and when out of possession that matters.

In our case the possession stats show we give the ball away too often. That’s a major problem against championship opposition 

47 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

In our case the possession stats show we give the ball away too often. That’s a major problem against championship opposition 

Possession is a situational statistic, so it’s not too much of a concern for us. In terms of time of possession leading games this season, we’ve been one of the highest in the league. You would anticipate lower possession in that case.