Sunderland away

MadAmster

5 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

I would presume, if they can legally search for and confiscate coins, that they could search anything and everything where coins may be found. That might not include bodily orifices but I wouldn't take the risk 🙂

There are some who could fire coins from various orifices and who therefore pose a threat. 
If you see anyone adopting unusual positions in the crowd you should report it to the nearest steward 😊

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

There are some who could fire coins from various orifices and who therefore pose a threat. 
If you see anyone adopting unusual positions in the crowd you should report it to the nearest steward 😊

... or get ready to catch!

21 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Middlesbrough website says their fans will be subject to enhanced searches.

The average collected from Sheffield Wednesday fans works out at about 16 pence each so I don’t think it will be too much of a problem.

Well no, in monetary terms just a few pence is hardly relevant. However the inference that anyone and everyone is a potential idiot likely to use a small metal object as a missile is another thing. It's about numbers, and the majority of well meaning football supporters being brandished as potentially dangerous, due to a very small percentage of total imbeciles. 

42 minutes ago, europia said:

Well no, in monetary terms just a few pence is hardly relevant. However the inference that anyone and everyone is a potential idiot likely to use a small metal object as a missile is another thing. It's about numbers, and the majority of well meaning football supporters being brandished as potentially dangerous, due to a very small percentage of total imbeciles. 

I have been going to football matches for nearly 60 years and it’s always been that way.

The majority of grounds you aren’t allowed to buy a bottle of water with the top on, some grounds don’t even let you have the bottle and pour it into a plastic cup.

Although it doesn’t generally happen now lots of grounds would hold back away fans after the game for up to 20 minutes in the interest of public safety, regardless of someone’s age or gender.

Away fans are very often told by police to exit the ground in a certain direction even if your car is parked a short distance away, resulting in a detour around the ground.

Away fans are almost always patted down and searched, but not the home fans at the same ground, in any other walk of life that would constitute discrimination.

Tomorrow we are at Sheffield United where no doubt a small but vocal group of our fans will arrive at the ground off their heads on whatever substance and will sing about Billy Sharp being a sex offender, but the police will let them in because they will be in a controlled environment where they can stand back and film them.

So am I going to get upset that someone is going to part me from my loose change at Sunderland, nah, they’re not getting it though 😂