Kayden Jackson - Icon in the making?

Dimmu

On a 2 year contract, I believe. Will he be here long enough to warrant "icon" status? Probably not, considering he's 31 and I'd presume PW is hoping Daj Brown will be "ready" next season, if not this. Of course, he could end up with 25 goals and reach Didzy levels of appreciation but "icon"? Not IMO.

On 17/08/2024 at 17:39, KBB said:

This is what I said in his transfer thread. Stand by it 100%

Early prediction. Fans favourite after 10 games. Never, ever underestimate work rate. You can look at stats all day and they paint a picture, but until you see someone running all game with their kit soaked in sweat, working hard for the team, for the manager, for the fans, you can only form part of it.

Sure his record is average, sure he isn't gonna bang in 25 goals and set the league on fire, but someone putting themselves about with the fans on their side raises the work rate and commitment of others around them. In they run through brick walls and the fans love them for it, others follow their example.

Our fans will bloody love him.

It worked for Johnny Russell...

I've liked what I've seen so far.  He's a really pacy WINGER so I for one aren't expecting him to bag 20 this season.  So far he seems to me like a Barkhauzen, but with more pace & ability.  Would expect him to get around 5 each of goals & assists

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

It worked for Johnny Russell...

I've liked what I've seen so far.  He's a really pacy WINGER so I for one aren't expecting him to bag 20 this season.  So far he seems to me like a Barkhauzen, but with more pace & ability.  Would expect him to get around 5 each of goals & assists

He'll have 5 by the end of September if he carries on.

On 22/08/2024 at 16:49, jimtastic56 said:

I don’t think “Icons” like Bloomer and Hector have a challenger yet , or even Hinton (63 goal winger). Jackson is 31 this season , so time is not on his side . But if he can get 15 goals this season - he will be more than useful.

3 hours ago, MadAmster said:

On a 2 year contract, I believe. Will he be here long enough to warrant "icon" status? Probably not, considering he's 31 and I'd presume PW is hoping Daj Brown will be "ready" next season, if not this. Of course, he could end up with 25 goals and reach Didzy levels of appreciation but "icon"? Not IMO.

With mentioning the icon status, I mostly meant about the video. 

It's always good to have a player who loath Leeds.

He's made a very good start and actually exceeded what Ipswich fans told us to expect, in that he's scored two well-taken goals. The rest - pace, work-rate and attitude were givens as far as they were concerned.