Vs Chesterfield (H) Match Thread

2 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

bf11e669-1fd9-4ebd-9222-31fa5bf73fb8_text.gif.94eb3f3c7541c5b7241c6ce0727ecec8.gif

you don't know what warne is trying to do. Doesn't that concern you at all?

I know what warnes trying to do , he’s trying to win games ,,, 

doesn’t that concern me ? Why would I be concerned, it’s football and we will either do well , do poorly or be middle of the road , warne and clowes have just given me the season I’ve enjoyed the most since I stood on the popside watching Dave macs rams win the league as champions of England 

38 minutes ago, Archied said:

Zzzzzzzz ,, tactics , warnes tactics , from what I watch and also hear from his interview s is that he is not a great believer in passing round the back line doing bugger all he wants to get the ball and players forward pretty quickly , he likes width and likes to get the ball wide fairly early to players with pace , now to those who don’t go to games or just have blinkers that means we just bang it wide to wingers who run to the byline and hit crosses into the area ,,, not actually the case , we have wide players who switch sides for games and during games and also play as inverted wingers who stay wide to receive the ball which stretches the opposition but are just as likely to cut inside , run into the box , run across the box and lay balls off , come inside and have a shot , sometimes we press , sometimes we sit deep and hit on the break , as I said before game to game and even just spells in games , football is not played on paper it’s a fast moving organic sport where players have to adapt on the pitch to what’s happening it very rarely all pans out just as any manager plans or says it will , you reckon tactics is about playing a taller full back 😂,

football is not painting by numbers as posters like you believe , anyway I’ve indulged you enough for now , welcome back and have fun👏👏👏

Was about to leave you a cheers reaction to that, but you couldn't help yourself from having a dig at me at the end again, so I'll leave it there.

P.s if you read my post back I never said playing a taller full back was a tactic in itself, I said it was a small tweak a manager might make to their tactics.

2 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

@Chris_Martin you’ve asked a legitimate question.  @Mick Brolly has given you his view and all you can do is respond with a derogatory comment.  You’ve disappeared all summer but 1 league defeat and you're back.  It’s responses like this that will stop posters replying and engaging in a debate as when they do, you resort to ridicule.

dynamic, cohesive, and fluid gameplay. Come on, am sure even the most adament warne fan will tell you thats not how it is😅 

how exactly have i ridiculed him? i asked a genuine question and one of the first responses i got back was him calling me an idiot😅 

8 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

Yep, standard response from you, answering without actually answering anything

Yet I’ve already answered you in what I believe Warne is trying to produce , just because you don’t know / see what warne is doing doesn’t mean he doesn’t know what he’s doing or others don’t ,

whether you like it or not is a different matter 

5 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

dynamic, cohesive, and fluid gameplay. Come on, am sure even the most adament warne fan will tell you thats not how it is😅 

how exactly have i ridiculed him? i asked a genuine question and one of the first responses i got back was him calling me an idiot😅 

Really?  Consider the language and emoji.  You don’t have to agree with someone’s opinion, but you should respect it.

19 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

I appreciate the lengthy reply, but it didnt really answer the question. 

How long does a 'transitional phase' last ? because we've had 2 years of warne now and gone through a lot of different players. The one thing thats remained the same throughout is the football ,tactically has been extremely poor. 

i'm not expecting the club to come out and say this is how we're going to play, and nor should any club, as that would be stupid. However, we don't need clubs telling us what they do to see how they play tactically. 

What do you mean by 'a stage in the evolution'?  Nothing has changed tactically over the last 2 years.

You saying 'PW doesnt yet know how to set up as he doesn't know which players the club will sign'  This is a huge part of the problem. Yeah, he might want player a and player b, but end up with player c and player d, but why should that define how Derby County play football. Warne has no clear identity as a manager and therefore the recruitment team don't know what to get. Saying 'he'll figure it out when the window closes' is ridiculous in my opinion. What was the point of the start of the season and all of pre-season if he doesnt know what he's doing until 1st september?

I'm not trying to be annoying, i'm trying to get peoples opinions on how we play football. So far nobody has been able to answer what Warne is doing, which i find bizarre and very concerning.

Fair do's. Let's look back at PWs history. Serially up and down with RUFC until his last partial season. When we nicked him they were 8th and potentially 5th. At the time their fans were waxing lyrically, not only about the results they were getting but also the expansive style they were playing. A bit Bald Eagle or Schtevie Mac type. That side was one he'd built over several seasons.

Here, he inherited Rosie's squad. Finished 7th. Changed half that squad in the summer and we went up. Last season we were still under EFL "control". Not allowed to pay transfer fees. We used what money we were allowed to spend paying good wages and put together a squad good enough to get promoted, playing some good stuff and some crap and some in between stuff. We should remember that, as we weren't allowed to buy players, the pool from which we could choose was pretty small. Going on the premise that he wants to get us, eventually, playing an expansive game, I think he's looking at evolving, over maybe 3 seasons from last season's "Warneball" to a Schtevie/Bald Eagle type expansive game. We are no longer under embargo but the owner has been consistent in saying "sustainable and self sufficient". That means he can't jump from A to Z in one easy go. He'll be looking at bringing in players who can move us a step closer to expansive play. He now has Ossie and Kenzo as the silky midfielders. Ozoh, Ebou and Tommo for energy and steel. More pace up top in Yates and Jackson so there'll be players willing and able to run into space either between the lines or beyond their defence to allow MF to play exotic passes. Our defence is pretty much as it was. We'll see some Warneball and some expansive play. over this and the following 2 seasons, provided we stay up, I'm expecting season by season, more and more expanse and less and less Warneball.

If we had bottomless pockets, we could have had a go at making the transition in one summer. We don't so we won't. 

I hope this explanation makes more sense to you. Evolution rather than revolution is, IMO, the way forward and it looks like that's what the club is doing, simply because we don't have "revolutionary money".